PC How to (legally) play old versions of Terraria (even up to 1.0.0)

Steam broke something in Steam which is why it says manifest not available. You have to use another tool for it to work now: DepotDownloader

To use it, you need to edit the bat file provided in the repository like so:

Code:
@echo off
dotnet %~dp0DepotDownloader.dll %* -username usernameHere -password passwordHere -app 105600 -depot 105601 -manifest 1270558334791485575

If you use Steam Guard, it will likely ask for an auth code from your email. You can enter that in when it asks for it.
I've tried it and it all works fine at first, but its still in 1.4.0.5. Any help you can provide?

Steam broke something in Steam which is why it says manifest not available. You have to use another tool for it to work now: DepotDownloader

To use it, you need to edit the bat file provided in the repository like so:

Code:
@echo off
dotnet %~dp0DepotDownloader.dll %* -username usernameHere -password passwordHere -app 105600 -depot 105601 -manifest 1270558334791485575

If you use Steam Guard, it will likely ask for an auth code from your email. You can enter that in when it asks for it.

can you elaborate on this please?

Just a heads up - Steam may be doing away with the ability to do this soon.
Article was updated with Valve's response. In short, they are not planning to disable this feature.

And an actual reason on why I came here. I suddenly felt the urge to play the old 1.1 update and the only way, as it seems, is through Game Launcher. However, as someone noted, when I hover over "Downgrade patches" launcher just freezes and then nothing happens. And this was the case as of May 2017 (according to this message - yeah, maybe not the best of sources). But this thread was started in 2018 with people reporting that it has worked. So what's the deal? Was it fixed for a short period of time or am I just unlucky? I just don't understand the timeline.

Right now I'll try to delete Terraria completely and try again. Maybe second time's the charm.

Just tried to use the steam console command.
But whatever the manifestid you give, it download the last version.

Only way i found that seems to work is using DepotDownloader

Last edited:
Good afternoon, please help, during the game the screen seems to flicker and the cursor does not move smoothly, that is, as if only 60 fps, the computer is excellent, I experimented with the settings, please tell me!

Back
Top Bottom