Mac How to properly install tmodloader in mac version?

Rekcuf

Terrarian
So I tried to install tmodloader by the help of this youtube video
But when I copied and pasted the files from the link that he gave on his description to the Finder-->Library-->Application Support-->Steam-->Steam Apps-->Common-->Terraria-->Terraria Package Contents(by right clicking the Terraria icon and selecting package contents)-->Contents-->MacOs-->And from there I pasted the files (when I downloaded the tmodloader files from his link it only gave me 8 files but on his video he has 11 files, I selected the mac version for tmodloader)... The tmodloader folder that I downloaded from his link has a Terraria.exe file on it and I pasted it on my Terraria MacOs folder and the folder also contains a Terraria.exe file(the original Terraria file) and he said that you must rename the original Terraria.exe file to bk or backup and drag it out from the Terraria MacOs folder to the desktop and replace it with the Terraria.exe file from the tmodloader folder that was downloaded from his link.... I tested my Terraria that I purchased on Steam and hoped that it will work and it did but it deleted my saved characters and worlds. I tried to replace the Terraria.exe(not the original Terraria.exe file) that was from the Terraria MacOs folder that was copied and pasted from the tmodloader folder with the Terrariabk.exe(original Terraria.exe file) and the Terraria game won't load. I tried to delete the tmodloader files that I pasted to Terraria package contents MacOs folder and the Terraria game won't even load when I opened it. Good thing that all my characters and worlds was synced on cloud save so I deleted my Terraria game and I downloaded Terraria again and my saved characters and worlds was there in the game, I'm so glad that I synced my characters and worlds. So how can I install tmodloader properly and working on Terraria Mac version? Please help!

There's a JAR file inside the files, open and run that, it automatically installs it for you.
installing Tmodloader on mac is easier.

I copied the tmodloader files, then I ran the .jar file, it said install successful but when I opened Terraria it was the same no difference.
p.s. I am using macOS Catalina which does not run 32-bit applications, will it still work?

Back
Top Bottom