Mobile How to stop corruption/crimson

DannieJ312

Steampunker
I am new to the world of Terraria. I've only played the mobile version so far, but plan on getting the PC version in just a few weeks. I have read about Corruption/Crimson and the Hallow....all biomes that spread. My question is, is digging a tunnel straight to the Underworld really the easiest way to stop the spread? I don't want to get rid of it completely, just stop it from spreading. Can you all suggest to me the easiest way to stop the spread of these biomes? Again, I'm new and I've only just started playing like three days ago so please excuse the noob question. Thank you.

Here's the big question: Why do you want to stop it from spreading content? The purity is very lackluster. Exceptions include corruption/crimson approaching your base of operations (also where your NPC's live). Solutions to this are just live in the sky, or dig out a tunnel around your base so nothing can spread there.

Ultimately, it is best to be in the spreading biomes as much as possible to get the most out of their content, specifically acquiring important items such as the key molds and Crystal Shards.

The Jungle can be threatened, however I emphasise that word strongly. You can make preparations to protect some of the jungle if some evil chasms have bunkered into it already, however there is no real need to do so as the surface Jungle is also lackluster in content as well as the fact it takes a long time for it to spread deep down. Small worlds are affected the most, though I never really advise playing on small worlds because of how messy they can be (unless you want to see worldgen cock-ups).

Realistically, concerning the spreading biomes, on many play-throughs I have done on large worlds, you need not bother tampering with them as I always see plenty of jungle left and spots of purity still remaining long after I've reached end-game. Except a quick 5min alteration to my base perhaps, if the spreading biome spawns close to me.

I'd advise that you just enjoy the game and not worry about what others get worked up about. Completely preventing the spread of biomes, especially with the Hardmode strips, can take a few hours of menial work. That's not something you should be doing in a game like this.

Use the clentaminator and make a wall of hallow? Thats what I did for my jungle as the crimon was spreading rapidly into my jungle.If you want it to get rid of it completely then just use a clentaminator

Thank you FlakMaster. I just don't want the biomes to ruin all the other biomes. Idk I guess I should have just enjoyed playing first instead of finding out about these spreading biomes. I guess I could just dig tunnels on either side of my base. Either way, I currently play on mobile which is an extremely small map, when I get PC version, I'll play on large maps so I'll just let it go and play.

You don't really need to worry about it spreading too much until after you've beaten most of the hardmode bosses. Basically as long as your NPCs are happy (non-crimson/corruption biome) you're fine. If you're on a small world you may need to cut the jungle off a bit since it's the only place life fruits and clorophyte naturally spawn.

When you get the Clentaminator everything becomes really easy. My jungle is to the right, and I put hallow to the right of that and crimson to the right of the hallow while cutting off the ocean. That way I can get everything I need from those biomes without worrying about them overtaking everything else (since hallow doesn't convert mud to dirt and overtake it like corruption/crimson does). Then I just cleaned up the rest.

My jungle is to the right, and I put hallow to the right of that and crimson to the right of the hallow while cutting off the ocean.
See, you said you put the crimson on the other side of the hallow....that means you can make your own crimson/corruption? How do I do that and doesn't that mean you have two crimson now? I'm sorry, like I said I'm new to Terraria.

See, you said you put the crimson on the other side of the hallow....that means you can make your own crimson/corruption? How do I do that and doesn't that mean you have two crimson now? I'm sorry, like I said I'm new to Terraria.
Clentaminator. It lets you purify hallow and corruption/crimson as a very fast pace, but you can also buy ammo that allows you to spread the hallow and corruption/crimson. It even lets you convert mud blocks between jungle and mushroom.

It's sold by the Steampunker.

Clentaminator. It lets you purify hallow and corruption/crimson as a very fast pace, but you can also buy ammo that allows you to spread the hallow and corruption/crimson. It even lets you convert mud blocks between jungle and mushroom.

It's sold by the Steampunker.
Ok, so I can get rid of those biomes with Clentaminator and then remake them with that ammo so they are more controlled?

Ok, so I can get rid of those biomes with Clentaminator and then remake them with that ammo so they are more controlled?
Yup. Clentaminator ammo gets pricy if you buy a huge amount, but you can just spread a little hallow and corruption/crimson where you want them and it'll spread to fill in the area where you want it to be.

just dig out 5 blocks wide 10 blocks deep cant have stone or dirt then fill in the hole with snow blocks and that will stop the spreading

you can make a quarantine by digging a 4 block wide hole in between the corruption/crimson/hallow and wherever you DONT want it to spread.

I am new to the world of Terraria. I've only played the mobile version so far, but plan on getting the PC version in just a few weeks. I have read about Corruption/Crimson and the Hallow....all biomes that spread. My question is, is digging a tunnel straight to the Underworld really the easiest way to stop the spread? I don't want to get rid of it completely, just stop it from spreading. Can you all suggest to me the easiest way to stop the spread of these biomes? Again, I'm new and I've only just started playing like three days ago so please excuse the noob question. Thank you.

You can break a tunnel 3 blocks wide on every side of the biome. This should stop the spread

Back
Top Bottom