Texture Pack hq2x and other Image filter packs

This texture pack really makes everything look better, and it is the only one I can find that is anywhere near complete!

XBRZ / PNG Screenshot

Y0OALWh.jpg

[doublepost=1483910113,1483909954][/doublepost]
9U2VdR9.jpg

added a "What is this pack?" section, as it occurred to me that some might not understand what the title means.

I install the texture pack.
I attempt to launch the game.
I receive an error.
I delete texture pack folder.
I attempt to launch the game again.
I receive the same error.
Are you sure it is compatible with 1.3.5?

EDIT: Never mind, the shortcut I was using pointed at literally nothing. False alarm. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Any reason why many of the accessories (including vanity accessories) aren't affected by this? Few examples: Eye of Cthulhu shield, Frostspark boots, regeneration band, capes, & worm scarf. Surely many others but these I happened to have equipped. Also, it doesn't seem to apply to the overworld's main biome backrounds. This texture pack had my mind blown until I noticed this as I'm super ocd. Currently using xbrz.

Last edited:
Any reason why many of the accessories (including vanity accessories) aren't affected by this? Few examples: Eye of Cthulhu shield, Frostspark boots, regeneration band, capes, & worm scarf. Surely many others but these I happened to have equipped. Also, it doesn't seem to apply to the overworld's main biome backrounds. This texture pack had my mind blown until I noticed this as I'm super ocd. Currently using xbrz.
to my knowledge, any thing related to player sprites simply does not work with the current texture pack support. i hope this will be fixed in the future though.
as for the backgrounds, the original creator had left those out of the scripts as they felt they looked bad after going through the filters. it's an easy change if the desire for backgrounds to get the same treatment is strong enough.

And the accessories I mentioned? I wonder why they allowed for texture packs but its not possible to apply them to the default player sprite. Weird, especially if you have a completed texture pack but are stuck with the blocky character sprite..

Almost all the blocks have black outlines, I think it would be better if you removed those. I know this would mean respriting almost every block, but it would be easy since you could replace all the black in the entire sheet with a lighter color in one click (if you use Piskel, which most spriters I know of do)

Almost all the blocks have black outlines, I think it would be better if you removed those. I know this would mean respriting almost every block, but it would be easy since you could replace all the black in the entire sheet with a lighter color in one click (if you use Piskel, which most spriters I know of do)
the pack made using image filtering programs, making the pack easier to make over-all. that said, it would be rather time-consuming to hand edit 470 tiles.
i may look in to converting The Soft Pack by @Nim if that would work for you. the only drawback from that pack is that it's a tad bit outdated, missing about 70-ish tiles.

That's true, perhaps just replace the missing tiles in The Soft Pack with yours, and then remove the black outlines, saving quit a bit of time. It would still take around an hour to convert the black outlines into lighter colors though

Back
Top Bottom