tAPI I need Material help!

Zaclemore

Terrarian
Does anyone know how to make a basic material in tAPI? Like I'm clueless. I can code everything else but materials, I just can't find anything. If you know anything about mods/Material code please reply! It will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
-Zaclemore

When you code a item and you use it to craft another item it's becomes a material like :
you create item sword , if you use that sword for craft another item it becomes a material

When you code a item and you use it to craft another item it's becomes a material like :
you create item sword , if you use that sword for craft another item it becomes a material

I know that. In a mod, what specific code would make it a material? So I can craft with modded parts. For example, I can code stuff so it's an item but not material, in the mod I'm working on, materials mean a lot.

Say you want ItemA to be a crafting material in ItemB. Put the following in ItemB's .json file:

Code:
"recipes":
[{
     "items": { "YourModName:ItemA": 1 },
     "tiles": [ "Work Bench" ],
     "creates": 1 
}]

Change the quantity needed, the tile (crafting station) and quantity created as necessary.

Say you want ItemA to be a crafting material in ItemB. Put the following in ItemB's .json file:

Code:
"recipes":
[{
     "items": { "YourModName:ItemA": 1 },
     "tiles": [ "Work Bench" ],
     "creates": 1
}]

Change the quantity needed, the tile (crafting station) and quantity created as necessary.

Could ItemA be a modded item?

Yes - that's what the code I gave you says it is. You'll be fine as long as you put "YourModName:" before the item's name.

Thank you, I will try and do this later at maybe 1:30 eastern time! And if it works, GUNS N' SUCH LIVES ON!!

Back
Top Bottom