Working as Designed I think I found a balence breaking oversight Glitch

Dragrath

Duke Fishron
So I was exploring various worlds looking for any Cabin Paintings and other worldgen items when I found this Chest right near the cavern/Underworld Transition which enables a degree of sequence breaking. Currently 1.4 has locked Meteorite behind the defeat of an Evil boss or Behind Skeletron via a Shadow Key from the Dungeon. However here you see a Gold Chest which apparently spawned low enough to trigger the Underworld extra items pool which includes Meteorite bars. As such there are 27 Meteorite bars in the chest effectively making it available from the Start of the game. It isn't as game breaking as that old glitch were dungeon biome chests weapons could spawn in unlocked wooden chests but it is clearly not intended.
I had planed to put this in bug reports but it seems I can't find that section anymore? What happened or am I just blind?

World and Character are Set to Journey Mode/Master difficulty as should be apparent given stack sizes and Fledgling Wings but I don't think that would effect this element in World Gen. And yes as you can tell my hording compulsions were not cured by Journey mode. >_<
1594148116376.png

IIRC Badger had a speedrun route/seed that included a chest less than half way to hell with meteorite bars.
just lucky. 27 bars isn't enough for a full armor set and weapon, so it isn't as much of a skip as you'd think unless there were 2 such chests..

You should share that seed and detail where exactly that chest is.
Right that is a good point though it will be a bit inconvenient, I understand the info could be useful. The chest location is easy to give as I'm in game right now it is below the Underground Desert right at the boundary of the Caverns and the Underworld i.e. in the zone where the old 1.1 Underworld background shows up. There is a Hellstone house just to the Left (Facing Towards the Jungle) below in the main underworld from the Map perspective and a minecart track up above.

Currently as I just have the game minimized I'm afraid it will not be easy to figure out which world was this one since I basically generate and explore separately.

From the Map I can tell you it is Crimson Large World. Not sure what the world's name is or even the Seed for that matter as both of those are random. Aside from the Dryad or specific death messages do you know of any way to tell a world's name? If I can get the name before I exit the world I could tell you both the seed and the date of creation which should help tell what specific version the game was on when generated in case there was any recent quick patches since it was made.

Hmm boss wise I think Skeletron counts for getting the Dryad right? If so I can probably make a house underground that will hopefully spawn the Dryad and not one of the other NPC's I have met the unlock conditions for...

Ok thus far I have been unlucky having the homeless NPC's fill in their places. I thus far have made a house for the Guide Angler, Merchant, Arms Dealer & Nurse next will probably be the Mechanic or Golfer respawning but it could also be the Clothier since I hadn't even planned to make any housing in the first place as I was just making worlds to try and acquire world gen loot thus didn't pay attention to the details. I need to go to bed right now but hopefully I can get that info by tomorrow err later today as it is apparently 3:40 AM :red:.... >_>

There might be a command for that in the chat. You also can die a whole bunch of times and some of the death messages might say “(player) was removed from (world) by (enemy)”

Alright forgot to update The seed is 3.4.2.500615081 and world generation date was June 13th. Hope this helps

If wasn't for the post, I wouldn't have know about the Golden Chest giving Meteorite Bars on the pre underworld layer. Beside I wonder why they give It?

If wasn't for the post, I wouldn't have know about the Golden Chest giving Meteorite Bars on the pre underworld layer. Beside I wonder why they give It?
Good question? I guess this could let you get an early Star cannon or space gun but several such chests would need to generate for the full set to be sequence broken. Well unless in Journey mode like the character and world above... I just remembered that you only need 25 bars to unlock Meteor bars so yeah I take that back you could unlock all the meteorite equipment... if and only if playing Journey mode using that chest. Yay?

I think it was because this chest was so close to the underworld if it had been placed any lower, the game would likely have generated it as a shadow chest. Personally I really appreciate the meteor bars as this way they don't destroy my world. After all they fall and just create a mess which makes it a pain to fight the evil bosses without ruining my world. To compensate if I want to fight an evil boss I basically just go somewhere in the world out of the way and place a whole stack of Meteorite so the :red:ty meteors don't spam my world. In fact it would be nice if hardmode crates could give you meteorite.

Fun fact did you know that IRL most meteorites are actually frigid after hitting the Earth? While the outer layer does get super heated by friction the interior of meteorites are basically frozen in the cold vacuum of space plus that heated material also tends to volatilize or forms a thin fusion crust.

The ones which do cause extreme heating are impacts on a whole other class like the most famous one which is known for killing off the dinosaurs. That one the Chicxulub impact however was one of the most extreme impacts recorded with the only comparable events being the Sudbury and Vredefort impacts. There the impact material gets blasted up so high and around the entire planet that you get a global rain of molten particulate fallout which heats the surface air to thousands of degrees killing anything not underground or in the water. Thankfully only 3 such asteroids have hit Earth in the last 3 billion years around 66Mya, 1,849Mya, and ‎2,023 Mya respectively with all 3 asteroids accounting for over 90% of the matter to have hit Earth in the last 3 billion years so about as different from a meteor as a Shameful Copper Pickaxe and the Drill containment Unit are in terms of mining effectiveness. :p. The meteor in Terraria seems to be more based around a "fireball bolide event or perhaps even a city killer which has enough kinetic energy remaining to maintain much of its cosmic velocity needed to make a meteorite "hot". Lets be thankfully that no such impact has occurred during human times in a populated area....

This is known behaviour. Though it may or may not be intentional, the decision was made to keep it as it is. You can enjoy your earlier access to some of the loot normally found in the Underworld. :)

This is known behaviour. Though it may or may not be intentional, the decision was made to keep it as it is. You can enjoy your earlier access to some of the loot normally found in the Underworld. :)
Interesting, not what I had expected the response to be but I have no problems with it. Only reason I brought this up was 1.4 having focused on cutting a lot of sequence breaking.

Back
Top Bottom