Console I think Im just too good for my own good... (A call for your assistance)

the most impressive thing (i think) I've seen for this game was a 1hp no-hit master mode + hardcore moonlord speedrun, done in 2:06:39 by sbubby on youtube. speedrunning takes an absurd amount of time--as you have to spend countless hours learning the game and its potentially niche strats--so scratch that part off. it already sounds like you've done similar stuff so, i don't know how good of a suggestion this is but still! maybe you'd have a least a bit of a struggle? whether that sounds genuinely difficult and or just annoying depends on your tastes. serious props for what you've already achieved btw

Hardcore, master mode, no armour, slime staff only, and no life crystals or life fruits.

Edit: Record it and put it on YouTube, if you could do it, you would get pretty good popularity.

Edit 2: Have someone change the button map and play with the controller backwards and with your toes*

*optional

Last edited:
only use weapons that have this specific color exactly (down to the hex code) somewhere on them
that would be really easy
No, actually. It would be unreasonably difficult. In pixel art pitch black borders are used extremely sparingly because of how jarring they are to the rest of the sprite.
Even if borders are used, they are usually shifted up to better match the palette of the item in question which is always different from item to item.

There are millions of possible hex codes for RGB hue, even after hours of analysing sprites I would call you lucky to have more than 3 eligible items. But if messing around with a picker tool is your jam then by all means, I would like so see which code is shared among the most weapon sprites :)

1. play calamity
2. do a true melee playthrough
3. FTW Legendary EoW Melee
4. 1 HP hardcore
5. take up building

No, actually. It would be unreasonably difficult. In pixel art pitch black borders are used extremely sparingly because of how jarring they are to the rest of the sprite.
Even if borders are used, they are usually shifted up to better match the palette of the item in question which is always different from item to item.

There are millions of possible hex codes for RGB hue, even after hours of analysing sprites I would call you lucky to have more than 3 eligible items. But if messing around with a picker tool is your jam then by all means, I would like so see which code is shared among the most weapon sprites :)
weapons with pure black pixels on them:
so far i have found the tungsten melee weapons, boreal wood sword, bloodbutcherer, tragic umbrella, (possibly bee keeper), death sickle, horseman's blade, cascade, rotted fork, bloody machete, meatball, tendon bow, (possibly tungsten bow), stake launcher, undertaker, onyx blaster, (legitimately no magic weapons or summon weapons) yes, i spent 20 minutes of my life sifting through every weapon sprite.
not exactly easy per se, but possible.

I wish there was something that I could work towards. Something more challenging.
Something greater than Legendary GFB.
If you think you're so good, then try 1 hp hardcore Legendary GFB Empress of Light Daytime. If you don't want to make your life living hell, you can always try whatever Calamity, or whatever fargos souls has. I'm just a casual Terraria (modded) player wishing to play some of these lightwheight mods with other people.

If you're asking why I ask this but can't do the challenge myself, I can't do it myself.

If you think you're so good, then try 1 hp hardcore Legendary GFB Empress of Light Daytime. If you don't want to make your life living hell, you can always try whatever Calamity, or whatever fargos souls has. I'm just a casual Terraria (modded) player wishing to play some of these lightwheight mods with other people.

If you're asking why I ask this but can't do the challenge myself, I can't do it myself.
*Stares in disapproval, as I am a console player*

not to mention 1hp daytime empress is no different than normal

weapons with pure black pixels on them:
so far i have found the tungsten melee weapons, boreal wood sword, bloodbutcherer, tragic umbrella, (possibly bee keeper), death sickle, horseman's blade, cascade, rotted fork, bloody machete, meatball, tendon bow, (possibly tungsten bow), stake launcher, undertaker, onyx blaster, (legitimately no magic weapons or summon weapons) yes, i spent 20 minutes of my life sifting through every weapon sprite.
not exactly easy per se, but possible.
That is just not true

I colour picked that whole list and only 2 of them have #00000 on them, the bloody machete and the horseman's blade
Tungsten Broadsword + Shortsword #191A1B
Boreal Wood Sword #1D1815
Blood Butcherer #101010
Tragic Umbrella #0E0E0E
Bee Keeper #0C0171
Death Sickle #070707
Cascade #0C070B
Rotted Fork #101010
Meatball #101010
Tendon Bow #070707
Tungsten Bow #191A1B
Stake Launcher #080512
Undertaker #070707
Onyx Blaster # 0C0C12
and going through the list I also saw spirit flame and checked it too, #0D0D13
Please do not list any more, my friend saw what I was doing and checked the entire rest of the weapon roster, #000000 exists only in two weapons
If you ever were to do the challenge, #000000 might still be your best bet with only machete and horseman's blade, you would need to find a way to get goodie bags with no weapons, and also beat early hardmode with only machete, but if you can somehow make it all the way to the pumpkin moon and get far enough in it for a horseman's blade you could make an intakill machine for it and use that for the rest of the game.

That is just not true

I colour picked that whole list and only 2 of them have #00000 on them, the bloody machete and the horseman's blade
Blood Butcherer #101010
Tragic Umbrella #0E0E0E
Bee Keeper #0C0171
Death Sickle #070707
Cascade #0C070B
Rotted Fork #101010
Meatball #101010
Tendon Bow #070707
Tungsten Bow #191A1B
Stake Launcher #080512
Undertaker #070707
Onyx Blaster # 0C0C12
Please do not list any more, my friend saw what I was doing and checked the entire rest of the weapon roster, #000000 exists only in two weapons
If you ever were to do the challenge, #000000 might still be your best bet with only machete and horseman's blade, you would need to find a way to get goodie bags with no weapons, and also beat early hardmode with only machete, but if you can somehow make it all the way to the pumpkin moon and get far enough in it for a horseman's blade you could make an intakill machine for it and use that for the rest of the game.
To get goodie bags with no weapons, you could have the Guide kill enemies.

That is just not true

Blood Butcherer #101010
Tragic Umbrella #0E0E0E
Bee Keeper #0C0171
Death Sickle #070707
Cascade #0C070B
Rotted Fork #101010
Meatball #101010
Tendon Bow #070707
Tungsten Bow #191A1B
Stake Launcher #080512
Undertaker #070707
Onyx Blaster # 0C0C12
I am aware that those are not 000000. I did not have a color picker on this laptop. when checking it with a color picker later that evening, i found out the truth. thank you for your analysis.

Let me get this straight.
Terraria is easy.
And I don't like it.

I didn't even break a sweat during FTW master Skeletron prime (except once where I made a mistake and took 300 damage over 4 hits)
I solod Lunatic cultist, In FTW master, without buffs, As a summoner.

I also solod Multiplayer scaled Legendary GFB EoC... In lead armor, and a tendon bow.
With minimal buffs.

This is not here for me to brag, Just so you know.
Im actually disappointed that there isn't anything else I can conquer.

I wish there was something that I could work towards. Something more challenging.
Something greater than Legendary GFB.

So Im asking you.
What are you struggling with? I can help.

What challenges do you have for me? Nothing that would take an absurd amount of time, please.
I Crave something Greater. Something more I can accomplish.
Terraria but you can only have 10 inventory slots + your hotbar

Kill the Empress of Light on Master Mode in under 20 seconds without projectile stacking and other 1-shot exploits, just raw DPS. With Pre-Cultist gear.

Play this mod in the hardest difficulty? There are a lot of bosses.

See, that was the idea
so few items have an exact hue, so the challenger would have to find all weapons that they couldn't (or could) use, making it a pain before it starts.

Back
Top Bottom