IDG's Ultimate Modded Content Mod Tier List

As someone who is fairly new to terraria modding, it is really interesting to see how Calamity is either idolized or absolutely hated.
One thing that is even more surprising is the reactions from the team :eek:

#12: Emphatic Untamed Calamity (Calamity Dimensions)
by Seraph and his crew (By @HS_Seraph, I don't know the full credits)

Oh boy even more controversy, and a bit of a sad story.
Emphatic untamed Calamity, (or EUC for short, formally known as Calamity Dimensions) was an unofficial, non-canon expansion mod for, you guessed it, Calamity.

The main things this mod did was add some extra lore, a way to farm more Auric Ore in a world (since calamity does not give you a way to get more when you exhaust your supply), a separate biome created by the plague bringers, and my personally favorite feature: Calamitas joining you after beat her Supreme form to "train you" to fight her master (This would have been epic if it was canon)

Oh, and it adds Goomza, the fight is kinda messy (literally pun) and all over the place, but it's still a good fight.

In terms of item content it added a variety of things, but the short comings from this are things that either didn't feel like they were from Calamity or on par with it. The general idea (especially from Seraph himself) is that it just didn't match the expected quality, and suffered from that.

I've talked to Seraph myself, he's not happy that this mod even happened and views it as nothing but a massive disappointment. I've heard different stories but I can't say they are true, like how Fabsol basically shut the project down as it was stealing light, but in Seraph's case it was simply not up to par and was a pure mistake.
I can honestly level with how he feels, I entered a contest on TF2maps, and made this thing: Multi Stage - Preinvention
I put so much soul into it, I didn't realize what I had gotten myself into and was not ready for the truth of how terrible I really was at pvp map making (having come from a SP/Coop Game Series where you fight AI enemies)

But hey, you learn from those mistakes right? He's been working on a new project called Extradimensional, basically take 2, but without the limitations of being part of Calamity, with more freedom,less exceptions, and also aims to up the quality all together as well. Best of luck on that!

One last ending statement, this mod has been discontinued (if it wasn't obvious), and while you could find a DL if you looked around enough, it DOES NOT WORK on modern Calamity. So unless you also manage to find an older copy of Calamity it does work on, this one is going into the books and never coming back. All we have is Levi's boss fight video of Goomza to remember it by.
Otherwise, it might as well not exist...

Edit: yes I know this starts with an E and we're on C's but I was going by the old name: Calamity Dimensions, as it was called back when I first got it.

Right then:
C-

Had merit, is "technically" worse than what its based on, so a C- seems fitting.
Seraph has his own words on the topic as well you should give a read

Last edited:
What?! No!!! Emphatic Untamed Calamity is the best! A+++ from me! How could you con it like that?

What is it that you don't like about EUC? I mean, yeah, the sprite work doesn't fit and all, but who cares? And plus, it uses mostly calamity texture style to fit with the mod. I mean, look at Goozma. God damn that boss is cool. And well-detailed! If I were to draw Goozma, you'd see a couple circles around a tiny circle. That's what you'd see. Even the best mod spriters in the community can't outmatch Calamity.

Oh, and the music too, why you do 'dis?

What?! No!!! Emphatic Untamed Calamity is the best! A+++ from me! How could you con it like that?

What is it that you don't like about EUC? I mean, yeah, the sprite work doesn't fit and all, but who cares? And plus, it uses mostly calamity texture style to fit with the mod. I mean, look at Goozma. God damn that boss is cool. And well-detailed! If I were to draw Goozma, you'd see a couple circles around a tiny circle. That's what you'd see. Even the best mod spriters in the community can't outmatch Calamity.

I am writing these based off my experiences with them, and this I also had talked to Seraph previously where he corrected a few things.
He honestly didn't even want this on the tier list at all but he was fine if I called it by its final name EUC.

Hey! That's my tag! :D
Credit where due, but I have to thread carefully on the forums. So... I don't take responsibility for you guys saying that lol, just using it as a backup to my otherwise pretty bland and butter "because drama is not allowed" review of the mod-only

Credit where due, but I have to thread carefully on the forums. So... I don't take blame for you guys saying that lol
lol
Truth be told, the tag is kind of outdated. Some stuff doesn't exactly apply as much anymore (most notably the multiplayer incompatibility, they've certainly improved), but I stand by the poor balancing and blatant immaturity from the lead dev.

lol
Truth be told, the tag is kind of outdated. Some stuff doesn't exactly apply as much anymore (most notably the multiplayer incompatibility, they've certainly improved), but I stand by the poor balancing and blatant immaturity from the lead dev.
yeah well these are what I find and I was like "I gotta reference these in the Calamity part of the tier list"

I think C is still a fair rating, Calamity in of itself, as a mod, is not the worst mod. It has merit, but it's far from being the best, it feels extremely middle ground given how variant its strengths and weaknesses are (again, not accounting for the drama)

yeah well these are what I find and I was like "I gotta reference these in the Calamity part of the tier list"

I think C is still a fair rating, Calamity in of itself, as a mod, is not the worst mod. It has merit, but it's far from being the best, it feels extremely middle ground given how variant its strengths and weaknesses are (again, not accounting for the drama)
Agreed. It isn't terrible but definitely doesn't deserve to be how popular it is today when compared with other mods that have a lot more genuine effort put in.

Agreed. It isn't terrible but definitely doesn't deserve to be how popular it is today when compared with other mods that have a lot more genuine effort put in.
As I also stated, it's gotten stale and has became dated (90% of the content that is, Rouge is pretty neat), and it shows. I guess I can get more into that topic when I get around to Tremor lol

As I also stated, it's gotten stale and has became dated (90% of the content that is, Rouge is pretty neat), and it shows. I guess I can get more into that topic when I get around to Tremor lol
Tremor hardly deserves an actual rating. It died a long time ago and is literally unplayable (unless you downgrade your tML or download an unofficial port to 0.11.7.5). I'd honestly just let it rest at this point lol.

Tremor hardly deserves an actual rating. It died a long time ago and is literally unplayable (unless you downgrade your tML or download an unofficial port to 0.11.7.5). I'd honestly just let it rest at this point lol.
I already reviewed EUC, and there's a few other dead mods on here, also I have a playable (unoffical) version so that's not happening lol.
Tremor is one of the OG mods I came into Terraria with, and as far as I see it's the progenitor that inspired new generation of mods, we may not have had Calamity or Thorium is not for Tremor, and we specially would not have had Antiaris or Split.
It gets the spot because it has a legacy that advanced Terraria modding, if anything in my eyes.

I already reviewed EUC, and there's a few other dead mods on here, also I have a playable (unoffical) version so that's not happening lol.
Tremor is one of the OG mods I came into Terraria with, and as far as I see it's the progenitor that inspired new generation of mods, we may not have had Calamity or Thorium is not for Tremor, and we specially would not have had Antiaris or Split.
It gets the spot because it has a legacy that advanced Terraria modding, if anything in my eyes.
Fair.

The real problem is that the vast majority of the content was either: Too different from Calamity main from a overarching perspective, or Too similar to scrapped calamity ideas or things that calamity main itself planned. Aside from that, IDG is mostly relaying my own personal thoughts on the matter: That the mod was much more trouble than it was worth and nowhere near my best work.

The real problem is that the vast majority of the content was either: Too different from Calamity main from a overarching perspective, or Too similar to scrapped calamity ideas or things that calamity main itself planned. Aside from that, IDG is mostly relaying my own personal thoughts on the matter: That the mod was much more trouble than it was worth and nowhere near my best work.
Gonna tag this to the end of EUC's post just for extra clarity

#13: Celestial Skies
by Elizabeth Yamamoto? (I don't know who this is, I found this github)

From what I understand, CSkies is meant to be a small QoL content mod, in a similar light to Ophioid(another mod of mine), and it does that fairly well.
It adds 4 (even thou it lists 2) bosses to your game, and all of them, well maybe not Heartcore, are pretty good.

The items added by this feel pretty polished over ideas of the past, but don't stride towards being boring or unoriginal.

One of the more interesting design choices this mod makes is how it alters the player's gravity and velocity, during boss fights and:
After moonlord is beaten your world starts getting plugged up with these abyss gates that spawn enemies who drop the items required to make the first PML boss in the mod.

Outside of that, the mod employs Basemod to fill up your world with some strange structures...

While playing with this mod, I got the impression what this is one of those novice authors who want to do cool content, but are struggling to do so, given all the errors, draw overrides, and other things. This is of course a (released, WIPs are different) Discord-only mod which means it tends to have questionable design behind it, as is pretty standard for these types of mods.

Eitherway, what little content this mod does add is pretty cool, interesting, and unique. This one is worth your time

I'll give it a:
B

With what little you have, you make the most of it; this mod does that pretty well

#14: Chen's Gradius
by @blancfaye7 (forum page here)

Yeah... Bet you wern't expecting a mod like this on here. Well... it adds a boss so...

Chen's Gradius is a mod that basically lets you craft your Gradius Options with different movement patterns and clone most of your ranged weapons' attacks, it comes with an API for modders to interface with it better.

On paper, it's a really cool concept. But that's all this mod really is: a proof of concept.

Because in reality this is a seriously, unbalanced, mod. Let me explain:
You see when you get your first option, you already have the ability to basically clone an ammo type to auto fire at your mouse curser, remember that problem I talked around with Bismuth and the bow that lets you shoot an extra arrow? Well this mod takes that to a WHOLE new level of brokeness. Later you can craft your first Option from an Option seed and that think clones ANY of your weapons that use a projectile, but ranger gets the best buff from this. As you continue to play through the mod you can get up to 4 Options, all cloning your shots following you around and basically became the next Terrarian Touhou player.
Sounds awesome, doesn't play as well as you'd think, let alone how pricy these options are to even craft. But this mod kinda enforces that with its custom enemies.

And these enemies jeez holy :red:, your just in your town, doing stuff and suddenly some Gradius enemies show up, slide into your houses and kill like half a dozen of your NPCs from just the contact damage. They do that much damage.
You on the otherhand take like 1/3 of your HP from these bullets, but having your town killed off, during the day, buy randomly spawning enemies is NEVER ok.

And then we get to the boss, Custom Core.

This guy right here is a contender against Calamity bosses in terms of OPness. He's not really hard and can be cheesed, but Chen's logic with this mod is that having enemies with 99% damage reduction is ok BECAUSE your going to be pelting them with like 100 bullets a second.

Edit: The mod author is even aware his mod unbalanced, but he doesn't really care it is atm

No... no it's not ok. This isn't ok.

D-

Cool idea and concept with some really bad execution, this is the kind of mod you'd mess around in, but not play seriously unless you like being overpowered as hell or having your town randomly wiped during the day.

Last edited:
#13: Celestial Skies
by Elizabeth Yamamoto? (I don't know who this is, I found this github)

From what I understand, CSkies is meant to be a small QoL content mod, in a similar light to Ophioid(another mod of mine), and it does that fairly well.
It adds 4 (even thou it lists 2) bosses to your game, and all of them, well maybe not Heartcore, are pretty good.

The items added by this feel pretty polished over ideas of the past, but don't stride towards being boring or unoriginal.

One of the more interesting design choices this mod makes is how it alters the player's gravity and velocity, during boss fights and:
After moonlord is beaten your world starts getting plugged up with these abyss gates that spawn enemies who drop the items required to make the first PML boss in the mod.

Outside of that, the mod employs Basemod to fill up your world with some strange structures...

While playing with this mod, I got the impression what this is one of those novice authors who want to do cool content, but are struggling to do so, given all the errors, draw overrides, and other things. This is of course a (released, WIPs are different) Discord-only mod which means it tends to have questionable design behind it, as is pretty standard for these types of mods.

Eitherway, what little content this mod does add is pretty cool, interesting, and unique. This one is worth your time

I'll give it a:
B

With what little you have, you make the most of it; this mod does that pretty well
Elizabeth Yamamoto is usually known as Liz, or Eliza. She's probably most known for being one of the lead developers of Ancients Awakened

#15: Consolaria
by @Hastur @Mr.Pigeon @DrunkenCat (forum page here)

With the recent abolishment against the rules regarding porting console content to Terraria, Consolaria has since become a well known mod.

A pretty old mod that recently resurged last year, Consolaria aims to re-add, and recreate old console Terraria content in modern Terraria. The key difference worth pointing out is that obviously pre 1.3 content doesn't really balance up well against modern Terraria, and special liberties were taken with Consolaria to try to bring the outdated console content up to speed with the rest of the game.

Examples of this would include expert drops, Expert boss AIs, the Boots of Ostara being an accessory VS being leg armor, and general balance around the board.
Ocram got the largest change factor of them all, to make his fight better and more interesting than the original counterpart, there is a different mod that adds a source-accurate Ocram if you still want that.

There isn't really a whole lot else to say about this one, I haven't played the mobile/oldgen console versions of the Terraria. But if what I'm being treated with is anything close to bringing their legacy to PC Terraria, this is easily a grade A mod that any Terrarian could add to their mod pack and it would not feel out of place in the slightest.

It gets a:
A

Extremely solid, there little more fitting in Terraria than its own content from other platforms, if done right, as this mod does do.

#16: Jenosis' Furniture, Food, and Fun (Cosmetic Variety)
by @Jenosis @Snarferman @Anoobscorpiak (forum page here)

This is another mod that shouldn't have made the list, but it did, so here we are.

Honestly speaking it has been a really long time since I played with this one. But the geist is this: if Alchemist NPC was a QoL mod that had other crap in it in, this is a Vanity/Furniture mod that has other crap in it and that kinda sums it up, said content is pretty hit and miss, and some of it is downright OP.

This mod sports 2 biomes, one of which you are LITERALLY ASKED if you want in your world when it generates, that's a really cool feature I wish more mods had. The other is player made and offers nothing of value besides a cool skybox.

The mod has some new NPCs that add various items (you want a Grandma to move in?) and-the best features IMO: Post moonlord armor and weapons.
And the bosses... well it has... some mini-bosses so I guess that counts, they aren't really any good thou and aren't really worth mentioning.

This isn't really a legit serious content mod by a large margin, it feels more like Jenosis wanted to branch out and just have a fun time, which I respect, it doesn't change the fact that this mod is pretty mediocre gameplay wise.

It gets a:
D+

Not terrible, great as a vanity mod if your a builder or that kind. However as a content mod it's pretty lacking, especially in balance. I would say thou it's one of the best of D-tier mods for sure thou as it's still pretty well made and offers neat variety.

Back
Top Bottom