Other Idle Animations

That's true, but what about different skin colors? Eye color? They change the face sprite, not sure how easy that would be to change, never sprited anything decent in my life.
Well, that would probably be made the same way they make walking animations. Don't quote me on this, but I think every sprite is grey-scale and the colors are replaced with the one's you selected when you created your character.

Since ambient NPC animinimations are confirmed, this might be in the game already.

But if not, yeah sure, I'd go for it.

this is awesome ! @Cenx

Nonono! Never tag devs to try to get them to see a thread. It will most likely blow the chances, and be ignored.

As for the idea itself, I want to see some. It would be a nice touch. Maybe some NPC could just tap their foot, or the Merchant could polish a potion bottle, or the Arms Dealer could flip a coin in the air. Tons of things that could be done!

NPCs are a special case as they have a single sprite sheet and can be coded to act differently depending on their type. Characters are generic and can wear hundreds of different armors/vanities. Making idle animation sprites for all of them sounds more like a worthless pain than anything really useful to work on.

Seems like an amazing idea, but i do not think playable characters will have these animations, at least the eye animations may end up happening.

wQnK2hl8WuqE0AOTXB42JfnNdlshTQhnwbujQvfJwO_L_W9jyrCt6ZXNPM3SHHQF6Sou4pSLnQ76FZRRSn6uzQaV1hREqZcjMg10Me6-c0-gZMeWk7VSSg5RTJhPZHSZ23ApKcE
@theomichailidis i tried to make a merchant animation lol, though the talking is weird.

Last edited:
Yeah I'd love to see little idle animations for the NPCs. I wonder if that's part of the "livelier NPCs" part of the 1.3 update. I hope it is!

Back
Top Bottom