If you could have one superpower...

Inspired by Worm's Coil character, I'd have to take some sort of "quick save/alternate choice" ability that would allow me to avoid unexpected danger, see the outcome of multiple choices before making it, and ultimately act as a sort of failsafe/backup for my life as a whole.

The character in question could "create" a divergent universe of which he was simultaneously aware at all times; he would live two parallel lives in which he could make different decisions and observe the outcome. Once he had settled on the superior outcome, he would collapse the less favorable timeline and simply create another, always optimizing every segment of his life based on the ideal results of any choice. When not actively optimizing like this, he would simply keep a secondary timeline with different choices (like driving home on a different path) so that any unexpected disaster/death could be avoided. It was an extremely potent power for a character who was, physically and mentally, otherwise of purely human ability.

He also used it to save time; for instance, he could use one timeline to, say, go to the doctor or something which would provide him with information that was useful (you are in good health, you are not, etc) and then collapse it, keeping the knowledge gained in the alternate timeline. The same sort of thing could be done to find info through costly means (for instance, torturing an ally to see if they were betraying you or not), then just keeping the knowledge in the other timeline where you don't do that.
I instantly thought of that, but then again, I would probably either forget to open them, or fall for the same sort of trap as Coil did.

I would most likely go for something along the line of shapeshifting, one to grow a normal beard, and not one that only exists at one side of my face (something that has plagued my family for a long long time) and to be able to shape myself into something superresistant to whatever was causing me problems. And that would probably include some sort of regeneration, in the form of shapeshifting into a whole yourself, so I would donate a lot of organs to those who needed it.

Power over matter, much like Dr. Manhattan has in Watchmen. Being able to teleport around, growing to gigantic proportions, zapping people into nothingness.

If you're even remotely evil, fear me, because my gawd, I'd do some serious spring cleaning on this planet.
The IS problem would be solved in a day, as I'd simply explode the heads of every terrorist out there. Then I'll do a quick sweep of the planet, ending every war currently going on by zapping the party that I don't agree with.

After that is done I'd grab the leaders of the world and put them together in one room and I am telling them, not asking them, TELLING them to get along or I'm going to get medieval on their arses. Heck, use me as an excuse to have a common enemy (like in the movie/comic), whatever it takes to join hands and make this planet a better place for everyone.

Endangered species would be save, as I'd de-atomize every poacher out there. After a year or so they'll get the message. Japan still hunting whales for 'science'? Not after all their whale hunters disappeared from the face of the planet. Some rich arsehole wants to go to Africa and shoot an elephant? I got news for him. Not gonna happen.
Lying politicians... corrupt lawyers... hell, even 16-year olds who like to give grannies a permanent trauma by mugging them, they're going down.

Ah, one can dream...

Power over matter, much like Dr. Manhattan has in Watchmen. Being able to teleport around, growing to gigantic proportions, zapping people into nothingness.

If you're even remotely evil, fear me, because my gawd, I'd do some serious spring cleaning on this planet.
The IS problem would be solved in a day, as I'd simply explode the heads of every terrorist out there. Then I'll do a quick sweep of the planet, ending every war currently going on by zapping the party that I don't agree with.

After that is done I'd grab the leaders of the world and put them together in one room and I am telling them, not asking them, TELLING them to get along or I'm going to get medieval on their arses. Heck, use me as an excuse to have a common enemy (like in the movie/comic), whatever it takes to join hands and make this planet a better place for everyone.

Endangered species would be save, as I'd de-atomize every poacher out there. After a year or so they'll get the message. Japan still hunting whales for 'science'? Not after all their whale hunters disappeared from the face of the planet. Some rich arsehole wants to go to Africa and shoot an elephant? I got news for him. Not gonna happen.
Lying politicians... corrupt lawyers... hell, even 16-year olds who like to give grannies a permanent trauma by mugging them, they're going down.

Ah, one can dream...
So you'd instate a super dictatorship where you call all the shots? That's some serious supervillainy right there.

To have one superpower... Not a hard one for me. All I want is to be able to shapeshift. ...Does shape-shifting into multiple things count as multiple powers? I guess turning into an eagle to fly would be cool, or maybe a walrus for swimming. ...Why Walrus? Cause I think they're cool, what of it?

You all forget one thing when shape shifting, what happens when you turn into a pen? :)

I just caught the tail end of From Dawn to Dusk just now, so seeing your icon is kind of ironic. ...At least... I think that's from that movie.

The ability to play Sniper in TF2 using any primary weapon other than the Huntsman (aka the ability to aim)

Or maybe pyrokinesis.

Last edited:
I instantly thought of that, but then again, I would probably either forget to open them, or fall for the same sort of trap as Coil did.

I would most likely go for something along the line of shapeshifting, one to grow a normal beard, and not one that only exists at one side of my face (something that has plagued my family for a long long time) and to be able to shape myself into something superresistant to whatever was causing me problems. And that would probably include some sort of regeneration, in the form of shapeshifting into a whole yourself, so I would donate a lot of organs to those who needed it.
Wait, scratch that, I thought about the Worm superpowers, and stumbled on Accord, now that power would be awesome! It basically means just enought knowledge and intelligence to solve the problem you are faced with. Yes, I know that it says only intelligence, but with only intelligence, you can't solve the world hunger problem with only that, so I generally say that it also adds knowledge needed for it.

I just caught the tail end of From Dawn to Dusk just now, so seeing your icon is kind of ironic. ...At least... I think that's from that movie.
I have no idea what you're talking about, a movie? Is it good?
----------
Man, its been so long, I don't even remember my answer, how about...being able to turn on and off the effects of NZT[limitless]? (without side effects) Does that counts as a superpower? :p

The ability to have super-powered senses and swordsmanship abilities, like cutting bullets in the air and :red:.

And the sword I would do it with....
witch-1024x565.jpg

Being able to shape shift would be insanely enjoyable for me. I make up characters and personas constantly, and I'd love to just flop between them whenever I want! :D

(I also sorta dislike my body, and I'd love to make some tweaks to fit my personality a lil more, hehe)

Being able to shape shift would be insanely enjoyable for me. I make up characters and personas constantly, and I'd love to just flop between them whenever I want! :D

(I also sorta dislike my body, and I'd love to make some tweaks to fit my personality a lil more, hehe)

Sex change operation too expensive?

I always wanted time control. If it didn't result in ultimately f-ing up timelines and such. Basically if it just worked as me going back and forth on a sliding line basically. Something awful happens, I slide back to a few moments before and change it.

If it would end up ruining everything though, I would like a lesser version of it even still. To where my perception of time can be altered. Like if I'm at work I could have the day go by as though it was nothing. Everything that would have been done still gets done, but to me it feels as though it only took a moment. And if I'm doing something fun, the opposite.

Shapeshifting.
This means I can turn into a dragon and fly. Flying superpower.
This also means I can turn into something really small. Bam, and invisibility goes off the list.
And so on...

But if I could choose two, I would choose Shapeshifting and Time Control.

The ability to create anything I desire out of nothing, the limits being my imagination. Plus all the things I would be able to create would be just extensions of my mind, and like so, they would be bound to me. So nothing like creating friends or loved ones, as they would all be just me.

The ability to create anything I desire out of nothing, the limits being my imagination. Plus all the things I would be able to create would be just extensions of my mind, and like so, they would be bound to me. So nothing like creating friends or loved ones, as they would all be just me.

^he wants to make sex toys.

Back
Top Bottom