**Important!** - Thread to address issues with downtime and connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leinfors

Quality Assurance
Re-Logic
Hey guys,

I know that for a lot of you, or a lot of your friends, the site is currently inaccessible. I'm sure a few of you figured out that you might be able to get on with your computer but not mobile, or with different browsers, or various sorts of different forms of access.

Suffice to say, we know there is an issue, its even affecting several of the moderators, and we are working to try and resolve it as soon as we can. Please be patient with us and the site while we continue to work towards returning the forums to full accessibility for all users.

So what can be done in the short term? In the short term, clearing your DNS cache and restarting your computer may offer some results. If you have limited access, you can try this on your computer and see if it helps; also if you are in contact with friends who cannot access the website, please share with them this possible fix. As they can't access the forums, they can't see this, so YOU the users are in the best position to help bring your friends back to the forum as fast as possible. :D Whether it be through steam, email, or whatever form of communication you share with them, you are the bridge between this news and them.

For Windows, here are the instructions on how to do that:

1. Go to the Start menu and click on the search bar
2. Type CMD
3. The search should bring up cmd.exe; please click it
4. The following, or something quite similar, will pop up:
2zri5va.png

5. Type into this: ipconfig /flushdns
6. Press enter
7. After doing so, you may close the cmd.exe and reset your computer

We can't guarantee this will fix the issue in the short term, but it has helped for some of us immediately. Its worth a try at least, and please relay it to all of your friends who can't access the site.

I don't know Macs very well, so if anyone know how to do this on a Mac, please share with us, as that will help out a good segment of our community as well.

Feel free to post and share your recurring issues or relay messages from off-site users who are experiencing difficulties. I may not be able to do anything about it in the immediate, but its the best way to bring these problems to our awareness so that we can work to resolve them both forum-wide and for specific users! We will certainly be watching this thread and trying to keep on top of this problem until everyone is back on. :)

Last edited:
I'm not an admin, so I don't believe I can put it there. When one of them is available, they will surely take over on that front. :)

Well, we are still working on it; from what I've heard, the fix is gradual, and more and more people will regain access over time. The DNS cache can potentially expedite that process, but its not 100% . . . it certainly fixed the problem for a good number of us though. Its certainly something to try.

Looks like this has been more or less resolved . . . I'm going to leave this open for another day or two and see if there are lingering issues, then I will close it up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom