Influx weaver vs Terra blade

Did you ever think that Influx Weaver is better than Terra Blade?

• Yes

Votes: 47 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 24.2%

• Total voters
But is it easy with Amarok and Adamantite Armor? The outcome isnt provable if your variables are different.

What's easy? The UFO? If you're in a hidey-hole 3-ish blocks beneath the surface, you won't get hit, period, so your armor doesn't matter (except for +melee damage modifiers). However, trying to kill the UFO with an Amarok would take forever. As it is, using an Eye of Cthulhu takes awhile, because the UFO doesn't like to stay in Yo-Yo range for long; you're probably better off summoning a Deadly Sphere and letting the Sphere kill it.

What's easy? The UFO? If you're in a hidey-hole 3-ish blocks beneath the surface, you won't get hit, period, so your armor doesn't matter (except for +melee damage modifiers). However, trying to kill the UFO with an Amarok would take forever. As it is, using an Eye of Cthulhu takes awhile, because the UFO doesn't like to stay in Yo-Yo range for long; you're probably better off summoning a Deadly Sphere and letting the Sphere kill it.
Oh, I have to try the Deadly Sphere staff next time. Last time, I was standing below a ledge, trying things like the Terra Blade (if the angle was right), a Pulse Bow and the Scourge of the Corruptor, and all of this took a while. It worked for downing three UFOs, but well, it was slightly tiresome.

Oh, I have to try the Deadly Sphere staff next time. Last time, I was standing below a ledge, trying things like the Terra Blade (if the angle was right), a Pulse Bow and the Scourge of the Corruptor, and all of this took a while. It worked for downing three UFOs, but well, it was slightly tiresome.

Try a Yo-Yo. Preferably TEoC. You could also use Flying Knives (throw the knife and guide it up to where the UFO is and it should zip between the ground above you and the UFO and hit it several times) from Hallowed Mimics.

Or, yanno, pop the stupid cultist and kill the pillars, let ML kill you and then pop the Invasion and let the silly UFO eat Stardust Dragon and Solar Eruption (the UFOs die in like 10 seconds with those).

I have the EoC, but the UFO stayed out of reach last time. Tried it before, and I could only get in two or three hits every time it was in the right position, which was even slower than what I did now. And Hallowed Mimics are a sore issue with me. I hardly ever meet any. At least I got a Daedalus Stormbow a few hours ago. Yay? I could have used that some time ago.

I have the EoC, but the UFO stayed out of reach last time. Tried it before, and I could only get in two or three hits every time it was in the right position, which was even slower than what I did now. And Hallowed Mimics are a sore issue with me. I hardly ever meet any. At least I got a Daedalus Stormbow a few hours ago. Yay? I could have used that some time ago.

Might be your Arena that you're using... if you do it right, you should get 3-5 seconds every "pass" he makes to bomb the ground with missiles, and then once he starts the laser run, you get 1-2 seconds every 3-4 seconds and you'll eventually chip it to death, unless you are indeed too far underground.

Oh, and you need a White String or Yo-Yo bag, otherwise your EoC won't have enough reach.

Here's the Arena I use:

index.php

I stand on the single grass block next to the teleporter, which gives me exactly 2 spaces between my head and the grass ledge above me which makes space #3. The rocket bombs the UFO fires only penetrates 3 blocks so it will never hit me, and the UFO never flies too high for me to hit it with a TEoC+String/Bag.

Meanwhile, most of the martians will fall into the pit (I have since replaced the grass blocks above the pit with a row of spear traps) and they will die in there.

Might be your Arena that you're using...
Certainly. It was my second Martian Invasion ever, and I just ran away from the house to a place that seemed suitable, so the Saucer doesn't fly around inside and kills the NPCs.
Oh, and you need a White String or Yo-Yo bag, otherwise your EoC won't have enough reach.
Oh, I have a yoyo bag. I love the yoyo. It seems to work better than the Terra Blade in Dungeon or Jungle Temple, for me at least.

Certainly. It was my second Martian Invasion ever, and I just ran away from the house to a place that seemed suitable, so the Saucer doesn't fly around inside and kills the NPCs.

Ahh. Reasonable enough. To be honest, any hole dug in the ground that puts three blocks between your head and the surface of some flat ground will work, as long as the hole you throw your yo-yo out is not directly over your head (so you don't get nailed by his ray). Make it only 1 block wide so no martians can get in it (or make a pit so they fall below you and can't hit you anyways).

Oh, I have a yoyo bag. I love the yoyo. It seems to work better than the Terra Blade in Dungeon or Jungle Temple, for me at least.

Ahh. *nods* I didn't know, so I was just making sure. For the longest time I never used yo-yos, but I kept one on me just for the "kill mobs while in complete safety" thing, but I never kept a yo-yo bag on me until I tried a yo-yo only playthrough and saw that they were actually decent weapons. Still don't recommend em against some bosses, but others they work rather nicely on.

It's Influx Waver not Influx Weaver.
Anyway, the stats and power of the weapons vary. Let's look this over.

The Terra Blade has a base damage of 95. It shoots a green beam that pierces 3 times. Created by a True Excalibur and True Night's Edge, no trivial task, I'd say.
The Influx Waver has a base damage of 110. It shoots a blue beam that will hit the same (or nearest) enemy again. Therefor it is great for individuals. And you get a chance to get it from the UFO, which you don't see a whole lot since those martians don't show up often nowadays.

So, the blades are good for various uses. The Terra Blade is great for crowd control and the beam will come around more often and move much faster with speed modifiers. Therefor you can shred through your enemies faster and they can reach the enemies themselves faster. Mostly for crowd control. Also far easier to get than the Influx Waver, also considering you get it before the Influx Waver anyway.

The Influx Waver is actually pretty strong in crowd control, but is dominant on individuals such as bosses. Now if used correctly, this weapon can be on par or even better than the Terra Blade because of its power. The Blade itself does high damage, so does it's beam. Also considering the beam often returns for a second hit. However, this sword is far more inaccurate than the Terra Blade because it's beam moves relatively slower than the terra beam. And if I remember correctly, it isn't altered by any speed modifiers.

I'd say these swords would end up in a draw because they have weaknesses and strengths, also they're both just cool weapons.
All I got to say.
I don't know if I just got lucky with my world but I seem to have no trouble getting invasions whenever I want. In fact, I got 3 right in a row when the wiki says that isn't possible. But I did, farmed them all one after the other.

Personally I like the Waver better, the beam may be slower but once you learn how to aim it it isn't a big deal. On top of that it's amazing against just about everything. On a single target it can reach 1500 DPS easy with minimal reforging or specific acc. and against a group it shreds through everything. Once I got the waver my Terra Blade went in my chests.

So, a relevant thing happened in my latest playthrough:

I still have yet to kill Plantera, and I was just celebrating my Ankh Shield completion (first time I ever completed an Ankh Shield pre-Plantera!) after a bandaid dropped from an Arapaima in the jungle.

I spent that following night looking for fireflies (only got 5 to spawn the whole night, and it was a new moon too!) and what did I see come 4:30AM?

"A Solar Eclipse is happening!"

I was totally unprepared for this. Sure, I had a Godly Yelets, but that's the only real good piece of equipment I had other than my Daedalus Stormbow (which did not work anywhere near as well as I thought it would have, the mobs are too small and half of the time the arrows and stars won't hit them).

Anyways, I killed 5 Mothrons and got 1 Broken Hero Sword. The Mothrons gave me no trouble whatsoever; I was only wearing Turtle Armor and using a Yelets with Yo-Yo Bag. At no point was I ever in any real danger of actually dying. I think I got hit once with Mothron's charge attack (it did like 80 damage). Sure, that hurts... but they are also hilariously easy to avoid if you just fly circles around him, it can't hit you and it will eventually lands to lay eggs and you land next to it and kill its eggs while hitting it with the Yo-Yo.

Easy-peasy.

Sadly only one BHS dropped, but hey. If another had dropped, I would have had a ridiculously awesome weapon for Plantera! I bet I could probably fish up another one if I camped out in the entrance tunnel to the Lihzarhd Temple and killed Lihzarhds for Tablet Fragments and pop another Eclipse, I'd probably have a Pre-Plantera Terra Blade just for kicks. This could be done totally legit in any playthrough that gives you a long enough entrance hallway to the Lihzarhd Temple as merely standing behind Lihzarhd Brick Walls will spawn Lihzarhds nearby if there's enough room for them to spawn even without unlocking the Temple Door.

So, a relevant thing happened in my latest playthrough:

I still have yet to kill Plantera, and I was just celebrating my Ankh Shield completion (first time I ever completed an Ankh Shield pre-Plantera!) after a bandaid dropped from an Arapaima in the jungle.

I spent that following night looking for fireflies (only got 5 to spawn the whole night, and it was a new moon too!) and what did I see come 4:30AM?

"A Solar Eclipse is happening!"

I was totally unprepared for this. Sure, I had a Godly Yelets, but that's the only real good piece of equipment I had other than my Daedalus Stormbow (which did not work anywhere near as well as I thought it would have, the mobs are too small and half of the time the arrows and stars won't hit them).

Anyways, I killed 5 Mothrons and got 1 Broken Hero Sword. The Mothrons gave me no trouble whatsoever; I was only wearing Turtle Armor and using a Yelets with Yo-Yo Bag. At no point was I ever in any real danger of actually dying. I think I got hit once with Mothron's charge attack (it did like 80 damage). Sure, that hurts... but they are also hilariously easy to avoid if you just fly circles around him, it can't hit you and it will eventually lands to lay eggs and you land next to it and kill its eggs while hitting it with the Yo-Yo.

Easy-peasy.

Sadly only one BHS dropped, but hey. If another had dropped, I would have had a ridiculously awesome weapon for Plantera! I bet I could probably fish up another one if I camped out in the entrance tunnel to the Lihzarhd Temple and killed Lihzarhds for Tablet Fragments and pop another Eclipse, I'd probably have a Pre-Plantera Terra Blade just for kicks. This could be done totally legit in any playthrough that gives you a long enough entrance hallway to the Lihzarhd Temple as merely standing behind Lihzarhd Brick Walls will spawn Lihzarhds nearby if there's enough room for them to spawn even without unlocking the Temple Door.
Just wait until post plantera Solar Eclipse :p The difficulty goes way up after plantera.

While the Terra Blade isn't bad, the martians are just so easy to farm :/

Just wait until post plantera Solar Eclipse :p The difficulty goes way up after plantera.

While the Terra Blade isn't bad, the martians are just so easy to farm :/

The mobs don't change in strength. There's just new mobs:

Dr. Man Fly: I don't have to worry about him, I'm never on the ground. I'm usually hanging on ropes above the ground, so he can't hurt me anyways.
Nails: Same. Though I do get hit with his 1 damage nails when he gets hit, but all that does is trigger I-frames for me, so he actually makes things easier.
Deadly Sphere: The only thing I need to watch out for while I'm fighting Mothrons. They die fast and easy though, and they are about as dangerous as the vampires I've been fighting already.
Psycho: See Man Fly.
Butcher: Ditto.

So the only thing "more challenging" about Post-Plantera Solar Eclipse are the Deadly Spheres which really aren't all that "deadly". They move slow and they have slightly more power as vampires, but yet die twice as fast. Yes, Deadly Spheres do 100 damage vs. Vampire's 60, but yet when I kill Plantera, I'll be killing Golem within a game day or two and I'll have Beetle Armor by then anyways.

So I'm still failing to see what's so hard about Solar Eclipse?

And yes, I have done post-Plantera SEs before. This is what, my 5th playthrough after 1.3 afterall? lol.

Terra blade’s projectile shoot speed is dependent on melee speed while waver’s isn’t.

Terra blade’s projectile shoot speed is dependent on melee speed while waver’s isn’t.

This is the reason a lot of people think the TB sucks. They haven't tried a Legendary TB.

If you get it early, it makes the rest of Hardmode right up until the Solar Pillar a joke. (well other than the Cultist that you'd likely use the yo-yo on).

But trying to *GET* a Legendary TB ... there are some playthroughs I blew 50+ platinum trying it. But when you *DO* get one, it's a beautiful work of art. It's a pure pleasure to use.

terra blade because its the terra blade which can also mean the blade of terraria NOT SOME RANDOM ALIEN SWORD

Also its easy to get in a 1.2 eclipse i usually get like 2 broken hero swords and remember mothrons do not spawn in 1.2
And finding the probe is already a pain and if u dont have a shoot through wall weapon the UFO will
Basically become living hell and solar tablets exist in 1.3 if u want to talk about how hard it is to have an eclipse happen

Influx wins in damage if ur comparing without accesories nor modifiers simply because its damage is higher

I dont have an influx waver because im on mobile so im not really sure.
[doublepost=1557681482,1557681427][/doublepost]
This is the reason a lot of people think the TB sucks. They haven't tried a Legendary TB.

If you get it early, it makes the rest of Hardmode right up until the Solar Pillar a joke. (well other than the Cultist that you'd likely use the yo-yo on).

But trying to *GET* a Legendary TB ... there are some playthroughs I blew 50+ platinum trying it. But when you *DO* get one, it's a beautiful work of art. It's a pure pleasure to use.
*Looks at empty piggy bank*

you don't need legendary terra blade, just TB with mechanical gauntlet and celestial shell equipped, while well fed and tipsy is on.

you don't need legendary terra blade, just TB with mechanical gauntlet and celestial shell equipped, while well fed and tipsy is on.

I suppose that is true, though, having to use up 1 accessory slot on an item just to do what you could otherwise do with reforges is kinda 'meh'. But even if you have one of the lesser prefixes, the weapon is still brutal when you first get it. Having a Legendary version of it just makes you nearly invincible for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom