Operating System
Linux Other
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I don't know what caused this but this is a problem with Color/White
Here is a screenshot:
Screenshot from 2020-10-14 22-40-04.png

ALSO THIS IS NOT THE CASE IN RETRO/TRIPPY LIGHTING!
Screenshot from 2020-10-14 22-40-38.png

I have this glitch too. I'm on GOG. Although for me it also happens in 1.4.0.5, and in my case it started happening when I switched from Lubuntu to Manjaro. I'm thinking that maybe it's a problem or conflict with the drivers or some package, since Manjaro usually has newer packages than Lubuntu.

I have this glitch too. I'm on GOG. Although for me it also happens in 1.4.0.5, and in my case it started happening when I switched from Lubuntu to Manjaro. I'm thinking that maybe it's a problem or conflict with the drivers or some package, since Manjaro usually has newer packages than Lubuntu.
My laptop is Linux OS from the start, this haven't happened to me and it just popped up in 1.4.1 but looks like it's a problem with the driver i see... thanks dude!

No problem! If you find any solution please let me know :)

EDIT: So I decided to test something so I ran the game from a Live USB Enviroment with Manjaro 20.0 and the issue is gone. My HDD contains Manjaro 20.1 so maybe a package updated between both versions is causing the problem? I don't know which distro you are running so I don't know if the exact same thing applies to you. I attach two pictures, both with Color Lighting in the same world (although dumb me forgot to save the world so I had to place torches again and they aren't in the exact same places), but one running from my HDD and the other from the Live USB.

terraria.jpg
2020-10-16-075854_1366x768_scrot.png

@dimahila (tagging you to make sure you see the edit since I don't know if you get notified about them, sorry if you do)

Last edited:
Pretty much the same thing that's going on my end. I went from Pop!_os to Manjaro and I'm getting these invisble walls

As I said in the other thread:

I'll have to inquire about this, as I'm now seeing a few posts about this.

It may be that these Linux distros are not supported (I'll admit I know little about Linux distros and which sub-groups they fall under).

I'll be sure to bring it up for discussion!

EDIT: Would you be able to try the following steps from this thread, and see if they help with your issue?

2x EDIT: Here was a version that worked for GOG, since its a different path than with Steam:

Last edited:
It may be that these Linux distros are not supported

I'm pretty sure that's not the problem. Linux distros are mostly just collections of packages, that means that you can turn Debian into Ubuntu, for example, just by installing every package that Ubuntu ships with but Debian doesn't. In consequence, if the game supports any distro, it should support any other one. The only problem it could have is that the distro is missing a package that the game needs, but in most cases and in most main distros, those packages should already be installed, or be easily installable.

What actually makes a difference between linux distros is the release model. Most distros follow either a point-release model (Debian Stable, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Pop!_OS), which means that each version of the distro is released with old but stable software and packages that doesn't receive updates except security ones, or a rolling release model (Arch, Manjaro, Void, Artix), which means that the packages are always on the latest versions and so the system never really needs to be upgraded or reinstalled.

I've noticed that the bug is being reported mostly on rolling release distros, and mostly on devices with Intel HD Graphics, which makes me think that the problem is being caused by a mesa drivers update that the point-release distros haven't recieved yet. As I said before, for me the problem is not present on Manjaro 20.0 but it is on Manjaro 20.1, and in fact the mesa drivers were updated between those versions. I'm not an expert or anything but that's what I personally think is happening.

EDIT: Despite saying this, I don't think it is a bug from the mesa drivers. It would be affecting other games too if it was the case, and, as rolling release distros are mostly used for gaming, it would already be reported, but I haven't found anything. Maybe something changed in the mesa drivers that is affecting Terraria specifically, but yet again I'm nowhere near an expert and it could be caused by something else.

EDIT: Would you be able to try the following steps from this thread, and see if they help with your issue?

For me it didn't work, sadly. It is important to note that for me the problem is also present in 1.4.0.5

Last edited:
Adding to what Kerd said, also tried it and had no success. I'm still unsure what exactly could be causing this to happen in some distros and not in others since I don't know much about Linux, but if I ever get a fix for this I'll gadly update here

So, a few days ago a new Manjaro update came out, and it included a Mesa Drivers update, from 20.1.8 to 20.2.1. I was hoping that this would fix the issue but sadly it didn't. Maybe I was wrong and it wasn't the mesa drivers after all.

EDIT: Sadly, this issue is already spreading to other distros. I recently installed Linux Mint and this problem is also happening here.

Last edited:
Starting to have this problem with PopOs when i play the game with the setting on Color or White.

Any suggestion?

Back
Top Bottom