Is there a secret to geting corruption worlds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The secret is to keep generating worlds until you get one you like.

Yes, really. I once got eight crimson in a row, then finally a corrupt one. That's how randomness works. Sometimes things go in runs, other times they alternate.

One thing to add. As of 1.3 you can tell what kind of world you're going to get by examining the world generator's progress indicator. The frame will be either red or purple on the left side, to match the color of the nasty biome you're getting. Once you're done, the tree icon in your world list will show red or purple too.

You have to keep generating worlds until you find a corruption (purple bar) one.

It's a tedious process at times, even thought it's a 50/50 corruption/crimson.

The chance of getting the world you want is dependent on the type of world you want. Don't really mind? Then it's a 50-50 chance. Do you want Crimson? Then you will get Corruption. Always. Do you want Corruption? Then you will always get Crimson.

Don't want either? One will generate in the middle of the Jungle and one will generate over an Ocean. For a medium world, both oceans; and for a large world, also over the top of the Ice.

Same applies to dungeon colour, pyramids and living trees.

Note: This is obviously intended to be humorous, not serious. As already mentioned, it's theoretically a 50-50 chance.

/\
|
| I know that it is chance, but sometimes the game will make you think it knows what you want and gives you the opposite. like when you want a big forest to explore at spawn but instead you get corruption on both sides with the forest only being 50-70 blocks wide. and no caves or chests. (this is something that actually happened to me once. :merchantsigh:)

I think that there might be a check to see what types of worlds you already have.

When I was working through expert mode, I wanted to make a new small world with corruption so I could fight the EoW, and I created about 15 worlds straight that were all crimson. I deleted the world each time it was generated so each time I went to generate a world I still had far more corruption worlds saved. When I went through and deleted useless corruption worlds on my machine so that I had more crimson than corruption, the first world I created was corruption. It may have been a fluke, but it certainly seems as if the game will create the opposite type of world that you have the most of. At least it may check if you have a huge amount of one type of world.

I usually add either crimson or corruption to my world before hardmode... that way I have both of them on all my worlds :)

It is a complete 50/50 chance decided by the flip of a digital coin. (To really get deep into computer talk, a 0 gives you a Corruption World, and a 1 gives you a Crimson World and you have the same chance to get either one, which is possibly close to how the game's code works)

I find myself getting Corruption Worlds more frequently than Crimson Worlds. This also is because of random chance and not because of any slight preference I have for Corruption over Crimson Worlds.

There is likely a reason that developers won't allow players to directly choose which Dark Biome they want. Otherwise it would've been implemented in 1.3. It seems that many players prefer Crimson over Corruption because the Pre-Hardmode Crimson items are stronger to their Corruption counterparts. Though this is irrelevant, because they both have items of similar tier and they both have different advantages they give to the player.

50/50 chance to get Corruption or Crimson? I thought it was 80% crimson and 20% corruption.

No, the game randomly generates either a 0 or a 1. It's a pure 50% chance.

Code:
 WorldGen.crimson = (WorldGen.genRand.Next(2) == 0);

I don't think u should see the Crimson as fake corruption, it just seems it appeals less to many ppl then the Corruption thats all.

I don't think u should see the Crimson as fake corruption, it just seems it appeals less to many ppl then the Corruption thats all.
I am not seeing it like that, it's just that the game feels like it's fake, like my Guide speaking of shadow orbs on a 1.3 crimson world.

I have this same problem, I found a resolution for all of you who play on the steam version, however, I use the version download of Gog.com but can't solve the problem.
Plz help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom