PC Is there a way to hoik downwards through blocks?

mikhail kerman

Terrarian
I am making a Challenge map, and want to lock an item behind temple brick, requiring the picksaw or higher to progress. Would there be a way for a player to hoik through a solid row of temple brick downwards? They are able to hammer the temple brick as well.

mikhail kerman

Terrarian
I think i found a way to prevent hoiking - it is in the corner of the world and surrounded by actuated blocks so that you can't place anything nearby to hoik into the chamber:
1599635008247.png

If someone finds a way to access that, please let me know.

mikhail kerman

Terrarian
I have to hold the down button while doing this
You could line the box with golf cups, since they are solid and not hammerable, but they can be mined by any pickaxe.
That's insane. Though I couldn't replicate this for 3 or more solid rows. Would having 3 solid rows be hoik proof? Also, I cannot use golf cups because the player has a pickaxe.

Last edited:

ekinator

Empress of Light
i could barely get through a 3 and 4 block thick ceiling by getting 3 tiles deep and hammering around randomly. I lost the setup and can't replicate it.

mikhail kerman

Terrarian
i could barely get through a 3 and 4 block thick ceiling by getting 3 tiles deep and hammering around randomly. I lost the setup and can't replicate it.
I think I'll settle with a 3 tall ceiling. I also don't want to create a jungle biome there, so i'm limited to less than 140 brick. I think it is difficult enough for the player not to attempt it.

Top Bottom