is there a way to modify other peoples mods?

VoidExile

Terrarian
every now and then when i download a mod, i find something i don't like such as a weapon that is too easy to craft for how powerful it is.
or mabye i download a mod where a set of armour does not actually have a set bonus.
an even bigger reason why i want to do this is tho make it easier for terraria and my computer to handle. so by removing a few things from another users mod I can improve my performance and get the best of the best of the mod i download so that i get exactly what i want, mabye theres a way to make updates for the mod not ruin the changes made to the mod by me.
all i get when i use a text editor is strange letters and numbers... how am i suppose to...?

You can use tModReader, but tmodreader respects the modders wishes and won't give you the source code unless the modder wanted you to have it. Other than that, not really.

bummer... a lot of great mods out there but all of them have a few flaws and running multiple at a time will reduce your performance and spam you with the items you don't want to see.
imagine if there was a mod that works in such a way that it intercepts target mod and modifies it accordingly where rather then changing the code of the mod it instead makes the info unable to reach your game. this may not improve your performance at all but it might make it easier to see what you want to see... then again, wouldn't you need the code of the mods to do so?
i guess terraria will never be a modders dream afterall lol

Well, I have done the tmodreader "method" and this allows me to look at certain mods and edit them, which was very cool. I've found some secrets that were worth the effort of searching through every .cs file. But every time, the actual changes I make to the code isn't actually implemented to the mod itself.

Back
Top Bottom