Is there any way to get rid of all of the corruption and hallow, without having to hunt every block?

TomatoMaster

Terrarian
I want my world to have 0% corruption and hallow, yet it seems nearly impossible, because 1 block can cause both to spread like wildfire again.

My solution for this is defeat a mechanical boss as fast as I can and then move the Steampunker into hallowed. Since the Hallow isn't an evil biome convert the whole world hallowed, but be careful not use the Clentaminator into Jungle because it can convert Jungle into Hallow. Then, when you acquired the Drill Containment Unit you can dig horizontal and/or vertical holes to create seperate sections that can easily convertible with Clentaminator. And for the last step, you will need stacks of green solutions.
And after all that hard work finished, I recommend to create well-isolated sections of hallow, corruption and crimson to farm some biome specific material. The wiki contains some less-efforting tactics but this is a guaranteed one.

There's a key element that many people neglect when fighting biome infection. It's the map. Any blocks you've revealed on the map will show any changes they experience even if you're not around; blocks on the lower corners of the world will show if they turn into a different kind of block. The trick is to light up as many blocks on the map as absolutely possible, so as to keep track of the emergence and progress of any biomes you don't want around. You don't even have to leave base to do it.
Once your map is well lit (no dark areas bigger than a screen's size) you can sweep it for any spreading biomes. Then you strap on your trusty clentaminator, head to the site and douse it in green solution (or, failing that, blow it all well and thouroughly to bits). If there's any blocks left they'll reveal themselves wth outbreaks, and eventually after spraying down enough you'll get every one.

Two things to note: Firstly, while the clentaminator illuminates blocks you normally can't reach, i's a poor choice for lighting up your map, as it's light is very dim.
Second, and more worrisome, is the edge of the world - world data extends somewhat beyond the playable area, wth blocks off the edge you cannot see in places you cannot go. If corruption remains there you will never be able to fully eradicate it - this is probably the source of the interminable 1% many endgame players experience.

Second, and more worrisome, is the edge of the world - world data extends somewhat beyond the playable area, wth blocks off the edge you cannot see in places you cannot go. If corruption remains there you will never be able to fully eradicate it - this is probably the source of the interminable 1% many endgame players experience.

Yeah, one of my worlds the ocean is ruined just because of this. So I had no choice than digging a 6-block hole through all sand layer at the edge of world. So never leave your oceans alone, just dig 6-block holes and check for any corrupting and everything will fine.

And @Xakk really good reply

If it happens at the bottom of the ocean, you can just lay down some dirt in the corner before digging your hole. Dirt doesn't fall through. If that proves too difficult to pull off, there's a new, scarcely noticed block that can help - the bubble. Sold by the party girl, this amazing new block will allow players to pass through, but not liquids of any kind. Lay down a single layer of this, and then drill your way down through the sand underneath, keeping your ocean where it belongs.

Bubble blocks are amazing! If you're endgame and looking to clear all the black from your map, I'm doing it on my main world, the StarWrath does an amazing job!

Here's what I do.
It might constitute as cheating, but here it goes.

1) Kill a mechanical boss.
2) Buy the clentaminator
3) Get as much green solution as possible.
4) Download a map viewer.
5) Use the map viewer to search for patches of hallow / corruption. Dig shafts and apply green solution liberally.

You may skip steps 1-3 with an inventory editor.

If you kill Plantera, Hallow/corruption/Crimson spread is reduced by 1/3

The biggest mistake I've made in 1.3 was not quarantining the pre-hardmode crimson zones with a series of trenches.
I haven't played the game since 1.1 before then -_-

Last edited:
They really need to make it such that after defeating the Moon Lord, the Corruption/Crimson/Hallow stops spreading.

I got mine sort of under control with grey bricks to stop the vines and prevent the spread of corrupted grass. However my ocean on the right side of the map is a goner - I'm not going to dig through all that sand to clear it up; a corruption area is right next to it anyway.

They really need to make it such that after defeating the Moon Lord, the Corruption/Crimson/Hallow stops spreading.

I got mine sort of under control with grey bricks to stop the vines and prevent the spread of corrupted grass. However my ocean on the right side of the map is a goner - I'm not going to dig through all that sand to clear it up; a corruption area is right next to it anyway.

I would do the opposite. I would introduce a hardmode+, and make it really hard. Maybe even throw in a Lovecraftian event, and spawn Innsmouth-esque mini-biomes at the ocean, to represent the consequences of killing what is basically a Great Old One.
If one now has the best equipment in the game, one should have an opportunity to use it, no?

I would do the opposite. I would introduce a hardmode+, and make it really hard. Maybe even throw in a Lovecraftian event, and spawn Innsmouth-esque mini-biomes at the ocean, to represent the consequences of killing what is basically a Great Old One.
If one now has the best equipment in the game, one should have an opportunity to use it, no?
Sadly, 1.3 is probably the last big update, so Moon Lord is highly likely to be the final boss - although they could change their minds.

Personally, if they were to add harder content, I rather they add it in a "separate area" - like the moon.

Yeah, going to the moon sounds pretty awesome ^^

Sadly, 1.3 is probably the last big update, so Moon Lord is highly likely to be the final boss - although they could change their minds.

Personally, if they were to add harder content, I rather they add it in a "separate area" - like the moon.
I think they'll continue giving big updates, but if Redigit launches the Terraria 2 I afraid big updates will stop :( But I'm hopefull that we will continue taking updates.

You're not thinking Terraria style. You don't dig down through the ocean floor - you dig up from under the ocean. It's really a tiny part of the map anyway, only like 3-5 dungeon entrances in size.

You're not thinking Terraria style. You don't dig down through the ocean floor - you dig up from under the ocean. It's really a tiny part of the map anyway, only like 3-5 dungeon entrances in size.
Still got to dig through all that sand ... ><

Suppose I can line the ocean floor with obsidian or something non-corruptible ... then fill my inventory with corrupted sand ... not sure where to do go from there. :p

Build a base in the sky to dump the sand for cleaning then put it all back?

Edit: AH!!! It's hopeless. There are altars under the seabed ... might as well try to move Everest by digging at it with a spoon.

Last edited:

Suppose I can line the ocean floor with obsidian or something non-corruptible ... then fill my inventory with corrupted sand ... not sure where to do go from there. :p

Edit: AH!!! It's hopeless. There are altars under the seabed ... might as well try to move Everest by digging at it with a spoon.

Make the sand into glass.
Turn the glass into mugs
Make ale
Profit (literally)

Break the altars.
By the sound of it, a little more corruption won't hurt :p

I thought that mining the sand under the altars would destroy it?

I thought that mining the sand under the altars would destroy it?
I can break the altars ... but it could end up spreading more corruption since a random block in the world become corrupt when you break them.

I think they spread corruption on their own too.

Back
Top Bottom