PC Item 3,000!

Status
Not open for further replies.
3000 items.Totally insane.Hope we can hit before 1.3 is realeased 3100 items!Also what mode is expertmode?World mode(Need to defeat a boss)or a character mode(choosing difficulty)?

EDIT:I heard there's also a "Mining Engine" which seems to be a mount that can destroy blocks.

Last edited:
@Loki you don't understand. I mage facetanked Frost Moon after Spectre was supposedly nerfed for the millionth time. If Expert mode is truly catered to the elite, this is so totally my gamemode ;-;

I'm coming for you Yrimir. I'm coming for you.
Er1iXIj.png

Herp derp but in all honesty, I should try gamemodes and challenges akin to Yrimir's.

Last edited:
@Loki you don't understand. I mage facetanked Frost Moon after Spectre was supposedly nerfed for the millionth time. If Expert mode is truly catered to the elite, this is so totally my gamemode ;-;

Oh no, I understand completely. I just wish you could have played the first iteration - as illustrated by an earlier Crowno post:

PxTBOEg.gif

Oh no, I understand completely. I just wish you could have played the first iteration - as illustrated by an earlier Crowno post:

PxTBOEg.gif

Hahaha that looks fun.
Still, I think Cenx said before the first moon event was released, that it was impossible even with 10 people.
And later, people solo that event like it was just an Eclipse. I livestreamed solo Frost Moon with weapons mostly from early hardmode, like Nimbus and Golden Shower. Didn't get much further than Wave 17 before the nighttime was over though.

So who knows what "non-beta testers" would feel. This is another reason you should recruit a hardcore, proficient player to the Beta team. Someone that can figure out all the ways you facetank an event, and then show you how easy it is once you've got a proper method going.

Last edited:
Hahaha that looks fun.
Still, I think Cenx said before the first moon event was released, that it was impossible even with 10 people.
And later, people solo that event like it was just an Eclipse. I livestreamed solo Frost Moon with weapons mostly from early hardmode, like Nimbus and Golden Shower. Didn't get much further than Wave 17 before the nighttime was over though.

So who knows what "non-beta testers" would feel. This is another reason you should recruit a hardcore, proficient player to the Beta team. Someone that can figure out all the ways you facetank an event, and then show you how easy it is once you've got a proper method going.
I imagine that at the time when the frost moon was "impossible", It was much harder then it is now.

I imagine that at the time when the frost moon was "impossible", It was much harder then it is now.

I'm talking about the Pumpkin Moon, I think that's the event Cenx was talking about. This is very long ago.

Also, they had to nerf spectre armor, turtle armor, shadowbeam staff and such due to the issues of people facetanking everything that existed in the game. How come the devs and beta team just didn't fix this already in closed beta?

The reasons are the following:

• The beta testers are given a limited, closed opportunity to test. They don't have an entire community to be innovative with.
  • The beta team is not a bunch of professionals. They were chosen because of trust, so they, among other things, don't leak info, and sign an NDA.
  • Given the way beta testing works, you can't just focus on strategies to win. You're there to test bugs, glitches, regressions, new sprites, new items, bla bla bla.
    I don't know how much these guys have to do, but they may simply be too busy.
This is, again, why it's wise to often hire a player just to be a player. To get a feel of the game, the balancing, the tactics, but also be someone with a high skill enough to figure out what the community will figure out quickly.

One of the most important features I'd like for Expert mode, is a complete removal of invincibility time. Yes, you heard me. Completely replace it.
And rather cap the amount of damage per second you can take from touch-damage per individual mob or entity. So for instance, you won't instadie when standing on a spike. But touching five enemies at the same time will cause 5 times the damage.
And you'll be able to take great damage from rapid-firing enemies.

I also want the Spectre Armor to only yield healing 3 times a second max. I'm not talking about quantity of health received; I'm talking about frequency that your character can possibly receive healing at all, except for potions and other stuff.

Last edited:
I'm talking about the Pumpkin Moon, I think that's the event Cenx was talking about. This is very long ago.

Also, they had to nerf spectre armor and such due to the issues of people facetanking everything that existed in the game. How come the devs and beta team just didn't fix this already in closed beta? I think you realize my point.

One of the most important features I'd like for Expert mode, is a complete removal of invincibility time. Yes, you heard me. Completely replace it.
And rather cap the amount of damage per second you can take from touch-damage per individual mob or entity. So for instance, you won't instadie when standing on a spike. But touching five enemies at the same time will cause 5 times the damage.
And you'll be able to take great damage from rapid-firing enemies.

I also want the Spectre Armor to only yield healing 3 times a second max. I'm not talking about quantity of health received; I'm talking about frequency that your character can possibly receive healing at all, except for potions and other stuff.
I don't remember Cenx saying anything about the pumpkin moon being too tough, but I definitely remember them saying that about the frost moon.

As for your ideas on expert mode, I would rather have the challenge come from tougher enemies and a more challenging environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom