WIP I've been working on an underground base, any advice?

Mug Not Found

Terrarian
I'm deciding to post a small part of the build I've been working on to tease it a little and give an idea of what the final build will look like (will update the thread with with a new image every now and then until it's finished.). I'm still learning so any advice or criticism would be greatly appreciated.

Capture 2021-01-22 22_59_00.png

Here's another new teaser which is quite a bit larger than the first, don't expect another of this size though.
Capture 2021-02-01 22_46_07.png

Three things that I'd like to point out.
One is that you can't put lanterns or item frames on the underside of half blocks like I did, you have to put the lanterns on first and then hammer them afterwards
Second is the obscure material in the middle of the jukebox is the purple rain wallpaper painted grey. (thought I'd point it out since I only found out about it a couple days ago.)
Third is that the outside isn't done, a possible sneak peek waiting to happen.:p

Before we get to this next teaser I've got some news I need to deliver, I'm probably not going to be releasing some more teasers after this one for a while, education for starters and the fact that a lot of the upcoming builds are a little more bland then the rest. I'll fortunately be reworking the thread though to make things look neater.

Capture 2021-02-06 23_54_32.png

This (small) crane took far longer than I'm willing to admit. For anyone who's never built built a 3D crane in terraria before let me give you some advice, don't.

Hmmm, wonder what it could be lifting...

PS: I forgot to mention that this build in particular takes heavy inspiration from reddit user MilkyBeeps, here's a link NotSoCursed (u/MilkyBeeps) - Reddit

To anyone still waiting for more teasers, you've probably guessed that the project itself is on hold, I'm here to tell you you're right BUT also when holidays start (in my state) I'm starting again :happy:.
And also if anyone is still waiting, you've got an overwhelming amount of patience.

Last edited:
Not advice, but I really like how you actuated the coins to make them look like coal.
Thanks, the coins aren't actuated btw, just painted.

You did great, the coal mine looks excellent. That minecart is really inovative, I would love to see the whole build :)
Coming from one of my big inspirations that means a lot to me, and as for seeing the whole thing I guess you'll just have to wait and see.:happy:

Here's another new teaser which is quite a bit larger than the first, don't expect another of this size though.
Capture 2021-02-01 22_46_07.png

Three things that I'd like to point out.
One is that you can't put lanterns or item frames on the underside of half blocks like I did, you have to put the lanterns on first and then hammer them afterwards
Second is the obscure material in the middle of the jukebox is the purple rain wallpaper painted grey. (thought I'd point it out since I only found out about it a couple days ago.)
Third is that the outside isn't done, a possible sneak peek waiting to happen. :p

Here's another new teaser which is quite a bit larger than the first, don't expect another of this size though ...
Nicely done, it does have the atmosphere of an underground tavern. Great job with the roof. The Jukebox is very well thought out and the floor is perfect fit and amazing in its simplicity.

Before we get to this next teaser I've got some news I need to deliver, I'm probably not going to be releasing some more teasers after this one for a while, education for starters and the fact that a lot of the upcoming builds are a little more bland then the rest. I'll fortunately be reworking the thread though to make things look neater.

Capture 2021-02-06 23_54_32.png

This (small) crane took far longer than I'm willing to admit. For anyone who's never built built a 3D crane in terraria before let me give you some advice, don't.

Hmmm, wonder what it could be lifting...

Back
Top Bottom