• Labor of Love is here! Visit our Labor of Love thread for a special message from the team, a look at brand new Labor of Love merch, and the changelog (minus a few surprises 😉)

I've got some explaining to do!

WeirdSlice

Terrarian
Video Category
Let's Play
I started playing terraria since it's first release on steam. Over my 2 accounts i have over 1000 collected hours within the game! I love every bit of it. enough to the point where I grinded 3 days for the achievement Supreme Helper Minion! around the same time i started streaming the game on twitch (streamed a little bit of the grind but not too much) it made me want to record a "Let's Play" on it... so i didafter gaining every single achievement in the game i decided to reset all of them and start again! But this time i'd Record/Stream it on youtube today alone i've spent 8 hours Recording, Editing, Uploading this video and i want peoples opinions on how to make this journey fun!
(here is the first of hopefully many!)

Hey @WeirdSlice , here's my opinions on your video! 👋 😁
  • You're actually in a great position, you have The Voice, The Tone and The "it factor" for making good content!
  • One thing I would suggest is speaking about things the viewer wouldn't know about by watching, like...
    • what's your thought process for this run?
    • why did you choose to get one achievement first over another?
    • do you have a favorite Biome or part of the game you're excited to get to?
  • One "Rookie Mistake" is telling the audience the obvious, a "blow-by-blow" commentary isn't necessary. If I can see you lighting a torch, I don't need you to tell me you did, LoL. 😅 🤷‍♂️
  • Terraria is one of the few games where editor jump-cuts are tougher to notice, you don't really have to point them out unless there's something you think the viewer needs to know about that's important, or they missed some event that just occurred [like suddenly being invaded by Goblins].
You actually have the tougher parts about making content covered [the stuff you can't obtain no matter how much practice you get], once you get to part three (3), I'll gladly subscribe!

WeirdSlice

Terrarian
Hey @WeirdSlice , here's my opinions on your video! 👋 😁
  • You're actually in a great position, you have The Voice, The Tone and The "it factor" for making good content!
  • One thing I would suggest is speaking about things the viewer wouldn't know about by watching, like...
    • what's your thought process for this run?
    • why did you choose to get one achievement first over another?
    • do you have a favorite Biome or part of the game you're excited to get to?
  • One "Rookie Mistake" is telling the audience the obvious, a "blow-by-blow" commentary isn't necessary. If I can see you lighting a torch, I don't need you to tell me you did, LoL. 😅 🤷‍♂️
  • Terraria is one of the few games where editor jump-cuts are tougher to notice, you don't really have to point them out unless there's something you think the viewer needs to know about that's important, or they missed some event that just occurred [like suddenly being invaded by Goblins].
You actually have the tougher parts about making content covered [the stuff you can't obtain no matter how much practice you get], once you get to part three (3), I'll gladly subscribe!
Hey! thanks for the advice. Just finished recording the second part and for the editing part/voice overs i'm sorta working on that since i'm using a complete new editor and am finding my way round things but thank you for your support and advice!

Top Bottom