tModLoader Ivysaur's level system - With classes

What would you be most excited to be added to this mod?

• Some unique items

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • More multiplayer compatability

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Subclasses

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Skills

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Unique quests and a new NPC at best

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You got me there. You'll have to ask someone else with the notes.

All the NPC Sprites of today, 2x2.

Slightly bigger sprites.

xli6ap.png

http://i66.tinypic.com/xli6ap.png

Farmer NPC - quests for renewable plants and wood. Stuff found in nature. Rewards seeds and tools useful for farming and brewing potions.

Personality: quite jolly, but complaining of the laziness of folks these days.

11tlvu1.png

http://i64.tinypic.com/11tlvu1.png

Miner-Adventurer-Explorer NPC - quests for underground ores, gems and treasures. Rewards money and sometimes medium quantities of bars or gems.

Personality: giddy for adventure yet completely inexperienced. An exploration fanboy noob.

23ogax.png

http://i65.tinypic.com/23ogax.png

Bounty Hunter-Huntress NPC - quests for materials obtained by killing monsters. Rewards EXP and weapons.

Personality: slightly cynical due to injuries suffered from years of hunting.

Note: peg leg and injured eye.

Last edited:
Ivy, regarding quest #5 you can't just say that you need to kill 3 monsters specify which monster you want to kill or whether you can kill just any 3 monsters.

I have a question for you. I have tried the ranger class from your mod and I would like to know what percentage the arrows are not being consumed when that class is chosen? It seems like I can have an infinite amount of arrows when I use either the regular arrows or the unholy arrows as the ammo. Other than that, it is a cool mod. Works well with the Tremor mod.

Ivy there's a new annoying bug. I was already lvl 40 in my first world then I switched Worlds with my corruption one and now I went back to my original world it's back to lvl 1. This is why you should stick lvl to chars. and not worlds

Just to look out for small tweaks here's a misspelled word here. 'Bye' needs to be 'By'. I'll edit my post if I ever find small things.
In the next quest 'Purple' needs to be 'purple'.
Here it should be "You think I look Chinese because of my HAT?".
(I hope you understand I'm not ragging on you, just looking out for you. :happy:)

Another edit: There's a couple in this one. "Trust me. If you find a blue mushroom with brown dots, then you should definitely not eat it" should be "Trust me, if you find a blue mushroom with brown dots then you should definitely not eat it."
"Sideeffects include nausea,weak bowel,sore butt,glowig spots on skin and doing hobbies in your sleep" should be "Side effects include nausea, weak bowels, sore butt, glowing spots on your skin and doing hobbies in your sleep." (Just a few missed spaces and a couple of misspelled words.)

Some more updates in this screenshot. Whield should be wield and mobilize doesn't make too much sense. Perhaps using increase?

Ivy, regarding quest #5 you can't just say that you need to kill 3 monsters specify which monster you want to kill or whether you can kill just any 3 monsters.
There is a tipp in the text telling you to take revenge on "flying monsters"

Ivy there's a new annoying bug. I was already lvl 40 in my first world then I switched Worlds with my corruption one and now I went back to my original world it's back to lvl 1. This is why you should stick lvl to chars. and not worlds
I can't see how saving levels to chars fixes this, usually when you gain levels in another world than usually, the levels from the old world should stay on there.
If you levels resetet then describe exactly what happened, so i can recreate the bug.

Some more updates in this screenshot. Whield should be wield and mobilize doesn't make too much sense. Perhaps using increase?
I thought "mobilizing your strenght" means something like "concentrating on your power" .
[doublepost=1465595129,1465594650][/doublepost]
Can you post a download link,Mac players cant download the mod.
I added a download link for mac users to the post

I can't see how saving levels to chars fixes this, usually when you gain levels in another world than usually, the levels from the old world should stay on there.
If you levels resetet then describe exactly what happened, so i can recreate the bug.
The world leveling is causing big issues. New character and new map but he apparently just had 42 levels (which was one of my other characters) and I couldn't select a class. I didn't want to risk resetting because I didn't want to impact the character I was actually playing on. Just thought I should let you know. I, too, agree that levels should be bound to your character and not to the maps. It also prevents you from moving characters to other worlds.

The world leveling is causing big issues. New character and new map but he apparently just had 42 levels (which was one of my other characters) and I couldn't select a class. I didn't want to risk resetting because I didn't want to impact the character I was actually playing on. Just thought I should let you know. I, too, agree that levels should be bound to your character and not to the maps. It also prevents you from moving characters to other worlds.

I see, i once played with multiple characters in one world.
I'll try to bind it to the character and if it works i'll upload a second version of the mod
[doublepost=1465596052,1465595917][/doublepost]

Sorry, i can't find any hooks to save data to the player.
[doublepost=1465596194][/doublepost]Ah nevermind, found them
[doublepost=1465596374][/doublepost][doublepost=1465595129,1465594650][/doublepost]
"I added a download link for mac users to the post"

Just realised, i may have uploaded a experimental version.

Any comment on what to change in the npcs? Ive havimg a friemd yake a look at them but would apreciate any input Ivysaur.

Any comment on what to change in the npcs? Ive havimg a friemd yake a look at them but would apreciate any input Ivysaur.
They look pretty good, i just need a fully animated texture.
Which should look a bit like this
Scout.png

I may not add every NPC otherwise there may be too much NPCs in this mod.

Got it. Though since the animation is substantial Id prefer to know which of the previous ones you want in order to start working on the animation.

Got it. Though since the animation is substantial Id prefer to know which of the previous ones you want in order to start working on the animation.
I would like to add the the farmer and the cave explorer, they have a big potential. Granny tailor doesn't seem like i can give her a lot of quests.
Someone who rewards you for killing monsters is a good idea, but i was originally thinking of a monk that "wants you to clean the world from darkness".

Remember, i'm planning on making a lot of storyquests, which also intersects each NPC to make it more like a community.

Well, i need to sleep now. It's pretty late in central european time.

I would like to add the the farmer and the cave explorer, they have a big potential. Granny tailor doesn't seem like i can give her a lot of quests.
Someone who rewards you for killing monsters is a good idea, but i was originally thinking of a monk that "wants you to clean the world from darkness".

Remember, i'm planning on making a lot of storyquests, which also intersects each NPC to make it more like a community.

Well, i need to sleep now. It's pretty late in central european time.

Got it. Ill start working on those and see what I can do about the monk in my spare time.

I see, i once played with multiple characters in one world.
I'll try to bind it to the character and if it works i'll upload a second version of the mod
[doublepost=1465596052,1465595917][/doublepost]

Sorry, i can't find any hooks to save data to the player.
[doublepost=1465596194][/doublepost]Ah nevermind, found them
[doublepost=1465596374][/doublepost][doublepost=1465595129,1465594650][/doublepost]
"I added a download link for mac users to the post"

Just realised, i may have uploaded a experimental version.
Ah, that's great! Do you know if it'll probably reset our characters' levels? If so, that's fine, just curious.

i1lkqa.png

http://i65.tinypic.com/i1lkqa.png

Here's the first batch of the Farmer's Sprite Sheet. I say first batch, but there will likely be only two since I'm only missing a few, but it will take some time since I won't be able to paint for a couple of days due to work. To be exact, the last five sprites require more thinking on my part to properly make them with that Hoe in his hand... May just end up making those last sprites without the Hoe and leave them like that, but I'd like to hear from you first before I draw it like that. Take a look at the currently done sprites and tell me of any that is not satisfactory and how to fix them.

There are two issues however:
1- MS Paint doesn't have Transparency, you'll have to add that manually yourself as I lack any other painting program at present.
2- The Sprites are not properly/perfectly aligned, and I suck at doing that quite badly as you might have seen already in the image... Please fix as well...

Hope the sprites are to your satisfaction so far, have a good night!

So I noticed something interesting, forgive me if this is already posted buuut.
Upon an enemy being slain near you by their death caused by traps, drowning(?), lava, etc. that isn't from you, you still get exp towards leveling up.
Examples shown here: A very simple mob farm. I do absolutely nothing and let the mobs die in the lava. It's a fairly easy way to level up. An exploit I presume or intentional.
KjosC0e.jpg

Wq63nug.jpg

So I noticed something interesting, forgive me if this is already posted buuut.
Upon an enemy being slain near you by their death caused by traps, drowning(?), lava, etc. that isn't from you, you still get exp towards leveling up.
Examples shown here: A very simple mob farm. I do absolutely nothing and let the mobs die in the lava. It's a fairly easy way to level up. An exploit I presume or intentional.
KjosC0e.jpg

Wq63nug.jpg
I could be wrong but it may be because the farm is player-made. Just like how if you kill mobs with a mob farm and you get the banners and stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom