tModLoader Ivysaur's level system - With classes

What would you be most excited to be added to this mod?

• Some unique items

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • More multiplayer compatability

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Subclasses

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Skills

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Unique quests and a new NPC at best

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually, you dont get banners from monsters if they are killed exclusively by lava. They have to take at least 1 damage from the player in order to count for banner purposes.

I could be wrong but it may be because the farm is player-made. Just like how if you kill mobs with a mob farm and you get the banners and stuff like that.
Well I mean, banners aren't exactly the issue I would be farming for, the EXP from said mod can be gained if an enemy is killed by anything. Although, in the Thromium mod, you are able to obtain those molten bags by player-based/statue spawned mobs. :p As-long you are in Hell though.
It is interesting though that player-made farms might interfere with the EXP but I tested in the lava layer and let a non-player spawned mob die by lava and I leveled up.

Well I mean, banners aren't exactly the issue I would be farming for, the EXP from said mod can be gained if an enemy is killed by anything. Although, in the Thromium mod, you are able to obtain those molten bags by player-based/statue spawned mobs. :p As-long you are in Hell though.
It is interesting though that player-made farms might interfere with the EXP but I tested in the lava layer and let a non-player spawned mob die by lava and I leveled up.
Ah, very interesting. Well, I'm sure that's something Iyvsaur could fix up tomorrow.

i1lkqa.png

http://i65.tinypic.com/i1lkqa.png

Here's the first batch of the Farmer's Sprite Sheet. I say first batch, but there will likely be only two since I'm only missing a few, but it will take some time since I won't be able to paint for a couple of days due to work. To be exact, the last five sprites require more thinking on my part to properly make them with that Hoe in his hand... May just end up making those last sprites without the Hoe and leave them like that, but I'd like to hear from you first before I draw it like that. Take a look at the currently done sprites and tell me of any that is not satisfactory and how to fix them.

There are two issues however:
1- MS Paint doesn't have Transparency, you'll have to add that manually yourself as I lack any other painting program at present.
2- The Sprites are not properly/perfectly aligned, and I suck at doing that quite badly as you might have seen already in the image... Please fix as well...

Hope the sprites are to your satisfaction so far, have a good night!
If the scythe dissappears on the last frames it would probably look too wierd. I don't know exactly what the last 5 frames are for,
but it may be the NPCs animation when swinging a sword. So it depends on what weapon the farmer will be using
[doublepost=1465630711,1465630643][/doublepost]
So I noticed something interesting, forgive me if this is already posted buuut.
Upon an enemy being slain near you by their death caused by traps, drowning(?), lava, etc. that isn't from you, you still get exp towards leveling up.
Examples shown here: A very simple mob farm. I do absolutely nothing and let the mobs die in the lava. It's a fairly easy way to level up. An exploit I presume or intentional.
KjosC0e.jpg

Wq63nug.jpg
Whenever a monster is killed it won't check the cause, though i don't think if i need to fix it or if a can even be able to fix it.
But i may need to remove XP from statue NPCs

Hmm... got it. When i get the time ill make them with the hoe/scythe held betweeb his hands since that should basically be his weapon... Either that or make the sprite without the hoe/scythe and create a weapon sprite for it?

Hmm... got it. When i get the time ill make them with the hoe/scythe held betweeb his hands since that should basically be his weapon... Either that or make the sprite without the hoe/scythe and create a weapon sprite for it?
I think a weapon sprite would be better, cause if the hoe is attached to the NPC sprite it would be hard to programm.

Hi, im sure someone here already thought about this ! Like any rpg mod, being able to see our lvl bar/xp and also did you planned on adding skills ?

Hi, im sure someone here already thought about this ! Like any rpg mod, being able to see our lvl bar/xp and also did you planned on adding skills ?
Yeah, skills seem to be a great idea. Why didn't i think of this earlier?

So a skill tree and xp/level bar because right now its all we read, there's a bug, my lvls was reset and i was lvl 138 and back to 9
20160614215828_1.jpg

So a skill tree and xp/level bar because right now its all we read, there's a bug, my lvls was reset and i was lvl 138 and back to 9
View attachment 118105
If you encounter this issue, please tell me, if possible, how to perform the glitch.
Did you install another mod inbetween while using mine? maybe some mods are overwriting data, i can't imagine how tough.
[doublepost=1466012087,1466011994][/doublepost]I'm sorry if the next Version takes so long, but i have some sweet new Stats planned ahead.

I also can't really playtest, since i'm busy creating this mod.

If you encounter this issue, please tell me, if possible, how to perform the glitch.
Did you install another mod inbetween while using mine? maybe some mods are overwriting data, i can't imagine how tough.
I have Rockos's rpg, Class rpg but only Rocko's didn't reset my stats so that's weird, Of course when i use a Rpg i disable the others but so far only yours got reset....but anyway i guess i have to deal with it

Not sure what you mean there, i load my world and when im done i save & exit
If you load a world were you recently gained levels, you must first kill an enemy to get your previously gained levels back.
Did you exit a game without first killing an enemy to regain your levels?

For example if you accidently choose the wrong character and therefor exit the world without doing anything.

Back
Top Bottom