Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been suggested by me and by others that the Gravity Globe be moved to the Lunatic Cultist as a treasure bag drop, but I want to make one other suggestion: make the Gravity Globe also negate fall damage. This simple change would make it a viable alternative to wings and actually very powerful, now being one of the best sources of infinite flight. Sure it wouldn't be quite as good as Soaring Insignia + wings, but it would take only 1 accessory slot instead of 2, which would make it a serious contender on endgame builds instead of just a gimmick item.

In fact, if this change were made, it may not even need to have its place changed in progression. I still think it wouldn't be too much to have it dropped by the Lunatic Cultist, though.

Some ideas on potions and OOA sentries/armors

Potions
Now grants immunity to knockback.
chance not to consume ammo 20% -> 50%.
Ammo reservation is not that important anyway. Just make it worth the grind. If 50% is too much, 33% is also fine.
Damage per second increased from 10 to 20. Inflicts Hellfire (Magma Stone variant of On Fire!, 15 HP/s) debuff instead.
This probably won't happen, but... make the player deal contact damage to enemies. It will work similarly to now but allow players to deal thorns without taking damage by using Shield of Cthulhu, Unicorn mount, etc., damage multiple enemies at once, and achieve a better health exchange ratio with a Cross Necklace.

OOA Sentries/Armors
While I think there is little to be changed with the sentries themselves, Flameburst / Lightning Aura receives too little bonus from their respective armor sets compared to Ballista / Explosive Trap.
Instead of increasing projectile velocity, Apprentice / Dark Artist armor set now makes projectiles homing. Dark Artist armor increases fire rate by 50%
Monk / Shinobi Infiltrator armor set now increases aura radius by 4/12 tiles instead of 0/4 tiles. Critical chance increased to 25/50% from 16.7/25%.

Last edited:
Especially the Titan potion buff seems quite nice; but the you would have to make the potion a bit more Explosive, no? Maybe a piece of chlorophyte instead of the bone? It is rather Powerplay to have knockback immunity.

Especially the Titan potion buff seems quite nice; but the you would have to make the potion a bit more Explosive, no? Maybe a piece of chlorophyte instead of the bone? It is rather Powerplay to have knockback immunity.

Considering its temporary and you get the Cobalt Shield in the Dungeon, don’t you think its too much of a nerf to make the potion post Plantera?

Bones at least means post Skeletron… add cobalt/palladium at most to make it Hard Mode.

Bow velocity isn’t actually much lower than that of guns, especially considering archery potion and quivers. Bows are strong because they’re overtuned for the most part, and Archery Potion can be partially blamed for that. A nerf on its part would be for the better, I’d say.

Also, I do think you kind of missed the point of balance. Easily accessible sky islands making your life easier would mean that other options are outclassed, and said accessibility should probably be toned down. I don’t really think balance is the same as “ruining another’s fun”.

That said, I’m not entirely sure sky islands *do* need a tier change or lock on them. Starfury is a good melee weapon but is only “good” on a scale accounting for everything, fledgling wings as a whole are overrated and balloons don’t really pick up until post-Goblins when you unlock their tinkers anyway. And besides, moving Gravitation Potion would just make people fall back on other ways to get to them.
Maybe I should clarify, I don't think you're "ruining another's fun" with these changes, you're just making it slightly longer before you can fly up to the clouds.
The Underworld isn't hard to get to, I often finish my hellivator long before killing any boss, my point is that this change doesn't actually affect balance at all, it just makes obtaining gravity potions slightly longer.

"Fun" means enjoying the game, the main aspesct of every game is good gameplay, and good gameplay is impossible without decent balance.

The point of balancing weapons is to gradually increase weapons' and enemies' power to maintain desirable (envisioned by the devs) level of difficulty, and making sure that weapons on earlier progression stages do not outclass later ones, and vice versa.

Imagine an extreme case scenario:
Zenith is accessible from wooden chests and Vampire Knives are given by default (alongside with Copper Shortsword). This will grant more choice for players, who want to have easier time in their playthrough.
Something is wrong with that.

Let's return back to our case:
Starfury wipes the floor with any weapon accessible from surface and regular underground. Gravitation potions, needed to obtain it, are usually found really quickly (here, underground), which is earlier than Starfury's level of power should allow to.
Your point isn't valid because Starfury, despite being quite good, isn't as good as you think it is. There are better weapons, if not just as good, obtainable earlier or just as fast.
The Musket/Revolver can also mop the floor with most early enemies and bosses just like the Starfury can, and are obtained a similar way through drops you get from pots and chests underground.

Would you suggest bombs and dynamite being made underworld exclusive as a chest/pot item too?

Last edited:
This is more for a future update idea if such as time comes and this idea remains in your mind by then:

Smart Phone: combination of Cell Phone, Magic Conch & Demon Conch. It works similar to the Grand Design in that the left/right click work differently: by left clicking you can teleport to bed if its set, but by right clicking you open a radial menu with five buttons: left/right take you to the farthest available blocks on either direction (like the Magic Conch), up and down take you to the farthest blocks available for standing above and below spawn, while the center takes you to spawn even if you have a bed set.

This item would literally be just an aid to travel around without carrying 3 teleportation items around.

Alternatively, you could forgoe the cellphone and use the Magic/Ice Mirror to create a Dimensional Mirror with the above effects but none of the informational effects of the PDA.

If too OP for casual game, add the Universal Pylon as material and the ability to teleport to any pylon regardless of your location from the map to compensate it requiring a 100% bestiary.

This suggested item is identical to something I proposed back during 1.4's beta. And you get it exactly right; Grand Design flower UI to select location. I think its a great idea.

However, as I'm told, the Grand Design minimenus are not simple to implement, and so it has been a bit of a no-go. I wish we could add it. :)

PS - In my original proposal, I called this item the "Shell Phone". Hehehehehe.

This suggested item is identical to something I proposed back during 1.4's beta. And you get it exactly right; Grand Design flower UI to select location. I think its a great idea.

However, as I'm told, the Grand Design minimenus are not simple to implement, and so it has been a bit of a no-go. I wish we could add it. :)

Fortunately, modders are on top of this, there is a mod literally called Shell Phone on the tmodloader workshop. It does something similar to this, you can combine both shells with the cell phone and right clicking cycles it through which one you want to use, the description says they plan to add a minimenu in the future.

Considering its temporary and you get the Cobalt Shield in the Dungeon, don’t you think its too much of a nerf to make the potion post Plantera?

Bones at least means post Skeletron… add cobalt/palladium at most to make it Hard Mode.
That is actually quite the sound argument. I did Not think it through thoroughly, as the difference would really be a bit drastic. Knockback immunity can be a great asset, but making it obtainable throughout the game with a potion would make the titan potion stay relevant for the whole game. I don't have any ideas how to balance this item right, if it got the immunity. But the titan potion is nearly never used otherwise... It also would give other classes than melee the opportunity to get knockback resistance, as most players who don't play melee never use a shield (other than the shield of cthulu).

That is disapointing that minimenus are non trivial to implement. I guess that blows up peoples hopes for any complex merge building items. I still would like to see a bottomless honey bucket and super absorbent sponge.

That’s disappointing, if not totally as expected. The Grand Design was definitely not something trivial they made and must’ve taken a lot of effort to get it so perfectly.

Another combination I think I proposed once was a continuation of the Artic Diving Gear by adding the Lava Charm to make a Volcanic Diving Gear and later the Gravity Globe and Ultrabright Helmet to make an Astronaut Helmet ultimate accessory. But that one’s definitely in the scope of mods. (Also kinda love to wear the Jelly and Artic Suits in vanity for pseudo supersentai cosplay, lol)

The Ankh Shield kind of sucks. For the amount of effort it takes to obtain its ingredients, it isn't much better than the Obsidian Shield because all of the debuffs it prevents aren't very common.

Let's fix that.

Eater of Souls, Devourer, Face Monster, Crimera, Blood Crawler: Now inflict Weak and have a chance to drop Vitamins
Wall Creeper: Now inflicts Poison and has a chance to drop Bezoar
Shark, Sand Shark (and variants), Blood Zombie, Drippler: Now inflict Bleeding and have a chance to drop Adhesive Bandage
Granite Golem, Granite Elemental, Stone Golem, Paladin: Now inflict Broken Armor and have a chance to drop Armor Polish
Sand Slime, Sand Elemental (tornado), Antlion (spit): Now inflict Slow and have a chance to drop Fast Clock
Mushi Ladybug, Anomura Fungus, Spore Zombie, Spore Bat, Fungi Bulb, Fungo Fish: Now inflict Confused and have a chance to drop Trifold Map
Ghost, Illuminant Slime, Chaos Elemental, Illuminant Bat: Now inflict Silenced and have a chance to drop Megaphone
Slimer, Crimslime: Now inflict Darkness and have a chance to drop Blindfold
Demon, Black Slime: Now have a chance to drop Blindfold
Ice Tortoise, Snow Balla, Mister Stabby, Snowman Gangsta: Now inflict Chilled
Desert Spirit, Red Devil: Now inflict Cursed and have a chance to drop Nazar

Bonus:
Flying Snake: Now inflicts Venom
Pigron: Now inflicts Feral Bite

The Ankh Shield kind of sucks. For the amount of effort it takes to obtain its ingredients, it isn't much better than the Obsidian Shield because all of the debuffs it prevents aren't very common.

Let's fix that.

Eater of Souls, Devourer, Face Monster, Crimera, Blood Crawler: Now inflict Weak and have a chance to drop Vitamins
Wall Creeper: Now inflicts Poison and has a chance to drop Bezoar
Shark, Sand Shark (and variants), Blood Zombie, Drippler: Now inflict Bleeding and have a chance to drop Adhesive Bandage
Granite Golem, Granite Elemental, Stone Golem, Paladin: Now inflict Broken Armor and have a chance to drop Armor Polish
Sand Slime, Sand Elemental (tornado), Antlion (spit): Now inflict Slow and have a chance to drop Fast Clock
Mushi Ladybug, Anomura Fungus, Spore Zombie, Spore Bat, Fungi Bulb, Fungo Fish: Now inflict Confused and have a chance to drop Trifold Map
Ghost, Illuminant Slime, Chaos Elemental, Illuminant Bat: Now inflict Silenced and have a chance to drop Megaphone
Slimer, Crimslime: Now inflict Darkness and have a chance to drop Blindfold
Demon, Black Slime: Now have a chance to drop Blindfold
Ice Tortoise, Snow Balla, Mister Stabby, Snowman Gangsta: Now inflict Chilled
Desert Spirit, Red Devil: Now inflict Cursed and have a chance to drop Nazar

Bonus:
Flying Snake: Now inflicts Venom
Pigron: Now inflicts Feral Bite
I have mixed feelings on this... But I see what you mean.
On one hand, yes the Ankh Shield is too difficult to craft for what it provides.
On the other hand, it's not a bad accessory at all, it's fantastic for general purpose exploring, particularly in places where annoying debuffs are common like the Jungle, the Dungeon,
or the Snow Biome. It also has an interesting synergy with Feral Bite, it doesn't prevent the debuff but prevents all the random debuffs Feral Bite normally inflicts,
turning it into a 20% damage buff with only a small life regen penalty.

With that said however it's still only "good", not great, and definitely not worth the effort unless you really want to go full tank or really want that 20% damage pseudo buff.
It's main weakness is that it doesn't prevent a lot of the really nasty lategame debuffs like Electrified, Frozen, and Distorted.

It's other weakness is it's long, grindy crafting tree.
While some of it's ingredients are pretty easy to find like Armor Polish and the Bandage from post-Plantera Dungeon, other's are a pain to grind like Vitamins and the Nazar.
Bumping up the drop rate from 1%/2% to 1.5%/3% might not sound like much, because it isn't, but that's still a 50% increase, it would help.
Adding more enemies that drop the items as well would be good, some are no-brainers like Demons and Black Slimes who inflict the debuff but don't drop the Blindfold,
or the Brain Scrambler that inflicts confusion but doesn't drop the Trifold Map.
Making more enemies inflict debuffs and drop the respective item could work too, but do be careful which enemies you give such treatment.

As for buffs to the Ankh Shield itself?
First I would make the Bezoar also give immunity to Venom, the Bezoar is now also dropped by enemies that inflict Venom, there's only three of em' in the game but still,
would be nice for Underground Desert and Black Recluse farming.
Second is to make the Hand Warmer(not Hand Warmers apparently even though there's two of them) part of the crafting tree, it's now dropped by all enemies that inflict Chilled and Frozen, which is surprisingly few? Probably make a few more, I can't believe I just said that... Anyway, the Ankh Shield now will gain Immunity to Frozen and will no longer gain it's chilled immunity from nowhere.
And third, I would just give the Ankh Charm a niche immunity or two like Blackout and Distorted, I know what I just said about immunities from nowhere but, c'mon.
No one likes Distorted.

A bit more defense wouldn't hurt either, it was a staple of most full tank builds, at least before Frozen Shield and Hero's Shield got added.

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings on this... But I see what you mean.
On one hand, yes the Ankh Shield is too difficult to craft for what it provides.
On the other hand, it's not a bad accessory at all, it's fantastic for general purpose exploring, particularly in places where annoying debuffs are common like the Jungle, the Dungeon,
or the Snow Biome. It also has an interesting synergy with Feral Bite, it doesn't prevent the debuff but prevents all the random debuffs Feral Bite normally inflicts,
turning it into a 20% damage buff with only a small life regen penalty.

With that said however it's still only "good", not great, and definitely not worth the effort unless you really want to go full tank or really want that 20% damage pseudo buff.
It's main weakness is that it doesn't prevent a lot of the really nasty lategame debuffs like Electrified, Frozen, and Distorted.

It's other weakness is it's long, grindy crafting tree.
While some of it's ingredients are pretty easy to find like Armor Polish and the Bandage from post-Plantera Dungeon, other's are a pain to grind like Vitamins and the Nazar.
Bumping up the drop rate from 1%/2% to 1.5%/3% might not sound like much, because it isn't, but that's still a 50% increase, it would help.
Adding more enemies that drop the items as well would be good, some are no-brainers like Demons and Black Slimes who inflict the debuff but don't drop the Blindfold,
or the Brain Scrambler that inflicts confusion but doesn't drop the Trifold Map.
Making more enemies inflict debuffs and drop the respective item could work too, but do be careful which enemies you give such treatment.

As for buffs to the Ankh Shield itself?
First I would make the Bezoar also give immunity to Venom, the Bezoar is now also dropped by enemies that inflict Venom, there's only three of em' in the game but still,
Second is to make the Hand Warmer(not Hand Warmers apparently even though there's two of them) part of the crafting tree, it's now dropped by all enemies that inflict Chilled and Frozen, which is surprisingly few? Probably make a few more, I can't believe I just said that... Anyway, the Ankh Shield now will gain Immunity to Frozen and will no longer gain it's chilled immunity from nowhere.
And third, I would just give the Ankh Charm a niche immunity or two like Blackout and Distorted, I know what I just said about immunities from nowhere but, c'mon.
No one likes Distorted.

A bit more defense wouldn't hurt either, it was a staple of most full tank builds, at least before Frozen Shield and Hero's Shield got added.
Well that is the purpose of adding more enemies that inflict debuffs, both making it more useful and making its ingredients more common.

I always thought that the Hand Warmer should combine with the Blindfold to make something like a Ski Mask, which would then become part of the Ankh Charm's crafting tree, but chances of this happening now are low.

Since the Ankh Shield spontaneously gets Chilled immunity, though, there's no real reason it can't also get immunity to some other debuffs like Ichor, Cursed Inferno, or Blackout. Those three are probably the debuffs I most commonly find myself getting that aren't negated by the Ankh Shield (other than On Fire).

WOOOOO THIS THREAD IS BACK BABY, BLESS YOU LEINFORS!

Anyways, onto the topic of balance -

1) I've seen one too many obsidian armor posts. Now I'd probably agree it needs a nerve, and damage wise I'm okay with whatever, but please, PLEASE don't nerf the range bonus. Having the range bonus makes playing Summoner so much less of a headache and is undeniably useful for WoF, bane of melee range builds. I'll take any nerf if the range bonus stays intact. Having long whip is fun and I want it to stay. Please and thank you, I burn offerings at the altar for your blessings...

2) Is there a list of expected boss kill times yall keep for balancing purposes? I always feel so out of depth when I see boss kill time progressions, since it feels like I take ages to kill a boss and these guys are doing it in less than a minute with the same weapons or something. My monkey brain goes 'if it killed boss in time, it is cool and good weapon'. I have no idea how fast a boss should be defeated for ontier gear so I wonder, does the dev team know or have any ideal to roughly balance aeound? Even order of magnitude estimates would be cool.

3) Is there any way to make Moon Lord vertical aspect ratio remain a constant regardless of resolution? Dynamic sprite scaling on basis of resolution? Because as it stands, I find ML a painful chore that my mind is very willing to wipe all memory of after every run, because he's so damn big. If I'm staying far enough away for decent dodging, I can barely see a hand eye. If I have to target the core or head eye, I have to come within hand melee range. ML simply does not fit vertically on 720p or lower resolutions and as such provides a fairly significant advantage to players with higher resolution screens and make homing weapons even more overpowered on smaller screens. Furthermore, due to moonlord taking up more place on lower resolutions, it makes it harder to pick out and dodge attacks. It would be better if all players had to deal with ML who stays at a consistent relative size. Now I get it that it's probably too much to implement in a small time frame, but I ask is it possible to do any thing of the sort given the current dev team?

4) Nerfs to WoF for melee or close combat users. I shouldnt have to make new large worlds specifically to kill WoF with ontier melee gear. Bone Glove is a fantastic addition to the arsenal but it's not enough. Maybe thr Hungry take enhanced damage or knock back from Melee weapons?

5) Related to ML - make Celestial Sigil non consumable. Because of the small screen size thing, I struggle with ML a lot, especially when I'm not running Chloro Beater on Asphalt teleporters cheese strat. If anything non homing/limited range comes up as my strongest weapon the fight unreasonably spikes in difficulty. And while I don't mind fighting bosses repeatedly, I do very mind the loss in consumables and the time loss between fights that each attempt brings. Making the sigil non consumable while keeping crafting costs the same would greatly increase QoL withML fights. And removing the 1 minute gap would be cool too. If it has to be consumable, make it much cheaper, like 1 Fragment or smth.

6) MAKE SHINY STONE A VaLID VANITY ITEM. I wasn't around for 1.3 to 1.4 Vanity item slot loss, but most items affected by this are just because storage or because someone wanted to switch between builds between fights or something. The Shiny Stone offers unparalleled late game utility in rapid regen at the start of lives, during spelunking or pillar events, but is hampered by the vanity slot rework. Having it be switchable in vanity slots is the only bit of utility I want from before the rework, since the charm of myths gets to be both vanity and accessory but the shiny stone doesn't. Maybe make it a pendant? But I would love to see it be like the Charm of Myths and be readily available to Quickstep at a moments rest.

No one likes Distorted.
I don't think the "out of nowhere" immunities to Blackout and Distorted are a good idea, personally. Because the Ankh Shield can be acquired before the player even encounters enemies that can inflict Blackout and (more importantly) Distorted, at that point the debuffs might as well just not exist anymore. If new items were a feasible addition for this update, I'd suggest an upgrade to the Ankh Shield that uses Vortex Fragments and Ectoplasm (or items that directly give immunity to Distorted and Blackout) to give the player immunity to the debuff after having had to deal with it already, but since that isn't an option I think leaving those two debuffs as ones the player cannot become immune to is fine.

An interesting alternative, though, would be to tier-shift the Ankh Shield much later into the game by adding Ectoplasm and Vortex Fragments to its recipe, and making it give immunity to Blackout and Distorted due to the added ingredients. This would also help in making the Ankh Charm less of a "obtained only to immediately be upgraded" item, since it would not be able to be upgraded immediately thanks to the added ingredients.
The same sort of logic kind of applies to the Bezoar giving Acid Venom immunity- but instead of not giving any protection against Acid Venom at all, I instead think that the Bezoar should give immunity to both Poisoned and Acid Venom, but it no longer drops from Hornets and other enemies that inflict Poison, instead only dropping from enemies that inflict Acid Venom, so the player still has to deal with Venom before they can get immunity to it, like how most other debuff immunities work currently.

That being said, the fact that the Hand Warmer isn't part of the Ankh Shield's recipe has always baffled me, especially now that 1.4 has made holiday-exclusive items obtainable legitimately without having to wait until December or manipulating your device's time, so I definitely agree that the Ankh Shield using the Hand Warmer and gaining Frozen immunity in addition to its Chilled immunity would be nice. I'm not sure if making enemies drop new items is something that can be done in this update, but if it is, I do agree that the Hand Warmer dropping from enemies that inflict Frozen would be a nice quality-of-life addition, especially if the Hand Warmer is made into an Ankh Shield material.
Since the Ankh Shield spontaneously gets Chilled immunity, though, there's no real reason it can't also get immunity to some other debuffs like Ichor, Cursed Inferno, or Blackout. Those three are probably the debuffs I most commonly find myself getting that aren't negated by the Ankh Shield (other than On Fire).
...Come to think of it, why doesn't the Ankh Shield provide immunity to On Fire? I get that the Obsidian Skull and its tinkers don't protect against it (which personally I don't entirely agree with that either), but if the Ankh Shield can provide Chilled immunity without having the related item, why not give On Fire protection too?

1) Ankh Shield now gives immunity to On Fire, Frozen, Acid Venom, Distorted, and Blackout, in addition to all the immunities it has now
2) The Ankh Charm does not have its recipe adjusted. The Ankh Shield, however, has the Hand Warmer, 10 Vortex Fragments, and 10 Ectoplasm added to its recipe. This means that the recipe is now: 1 Ankh Charm + 1 Obsidian Shield + 1 Hand Warmer + 10 Vortex Fragments + 10 Ectoplasm @ Tinkerer's Workshop (or Ancient Manipulator if that makes more sense)
3) The Bezoar is tier-shifted to drop from enemies that inflict Acid Venom. The Hand Warmer now drops from enemies that inflict Frozen, or can be obtained from presents during December (or after completing enough waves of the Frost Moon).

I don't think the "out of nowhere" immunities to Blackout and Distorted are a good idea, personally. Because the Ankh Shield can be acquired before the player even encounters enemies that can inflict Blackout and (more importantly) Distorted, at that point the debuffs might as well just not exist anymore. If new items were a feasible addition for this update, I'd suggest an upgrade to the Ankh Shield that uses Vortex Fragments and Ectoplasm (or items that directly give immunity to Distorted and Blackout) to give the player immunity to the debuff after having had to deal with it already, but since that isn't an option I think leaving those two debuffs as ones the player cannot become immune to is fine.

An interesting alternative, though, would be to tier-shift the Ankh Shield much later into the game by adding Ectoplasm and Vortex Fragments to its recipe, and making it give immunity to Blackout and Distorted due to the added ingredients. This would also help in making the Ankh Charm less of a "obtained only to immediately be upgraded" item, since it would not be able to be upgraded immediately thanks to the added ingredients.

The same sort of logic kind of applies to the Bezoar giving Acid Venom immunity- but instead of not giving any protection against Acid Venom at all, I instead think that the Bezoar should give immunity to both Poisoned and Acid Venom, but it no longer drops from Hornets and other enemies that inflict Poison, instead only dropping from enemies that inflict Acid Venom, so the player still has to deal with Venom before they can get immunity to it, like how most other debuff immunities work currently.

That being said, the fact that the Hand Warmer isn't part of the Ankh Shield's recipe has always baffled me, especially now that 1.4 has made holiday-exclusive items obtainable legitimately without having to wait until December or manipulating your device's time, so I definitely agree that the Ankh Shield using the Hand Warmer and gaining Frozen immunity in addition to its Chilled immunity would be nice. I'm not sure if making enemies drop new items is something that can be done in this update, but if it is, I do agree that the Hand Warmer dropping from enemies that inflict Frozen would be a nice quality-of-life addition, especially if the Hand Warmer is made into an Ankh Shield material.

...Come to think of it, why doesn't the Ankh Shield provide immunity to On Fire? I get that the Obsidian Skull and its tinkers don't protect against it (which personally I don't entirely agree with that either), but if the Ankh Shield can provide Chilled immunity without having the related item, why not give On Fire protection too?

1) Ankh Shield now gives immunity to On Fire, Frozen, Acid Venom, Distorted, and Blackout, in addition to all the immunities it has now
2) The Ankh Charm does not have its recipe adjusted. The Ankh Shield, however, has the Hand Warmer, 10 Vortex Fragments, and 10 Ectoplasm added to its recipe. This means that the recipe is now: 1 Ankh Charm + 1 Obsidian Shield + 1 Hand Warmer + 10 Vortex Fragments + 10 Ectoplasm @ Tinkerer's Workshop (or Ancient Manipulator if that makes more sense)
3) The Bezoar is tier-shifted to drop from enemies that inflict Acid Venom. The Hand Warmer now drops from enemies that inflict Frozen, or can be obtained from presents during December (or after completing enough waves of the Frost Moon).
I don't really see where you're going with the whole nullified before you encounter it thing.

I like using the Bezoar for Queen Bee if I have it because I know in advance that Queen Bee inflicts poison, and by using my knowledge of the game I can make the fight easier.
That's the thing about the immunity accessories, you have to know beforehand which enemy inflict the debuff to take advantage of the accessory.
By locking them away until after the debuff is "Known" you make their already very small niche even smaller, and remove a small but neat counterplay strat to them.
Not to mention how with rare many of them are and with how weak situational immunity after hardmode is this will often be a moot point anyway.

Making it post-Pillars is not the way to go.
Blackout is post-Plantera and inflicted by a single uncommon enemy.
Distorted is inflicted by one Vortex Pillar enemy, one really annoying enemy.
Ankh Shield is already really time consuming to craft, requiring traveling across the whole of terraria for it's nine(ten with the Hand Warmer) rare ingredients,
making it post-Pillars when it's main exploring niche has been rendered mostly useless by already being past the point where anyone would explore the world
when it's not even good for moon lord is a slap in the face of the highest degree.
Forcing players to use Ankh Charm when they had the better version before is just salt in the wound.
If you've taken the time to do the grind, you deserve a reward. Not a punishment.

Sorry, that kinda struck a nerve.

Yeah, giving it immunity to on Fire would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom