Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wizard is actually better than both meteor and jungle. (ignore defence, it means nothing in expert and master)

Wizard hat + diamond robe gives 15% magic damage, 10% magic crit, 80+ mana, and -15% mana usage. Then you still have the leg slot, which you can use for jungle 20+ mana/4% crit or meteor 7% damage (giving the total set 22% damage, higher than meteor and 3 other stats).
Why do you say defense is irrelevant in master mode?

Why do you say defense is irrelevant in master mode?

It's not going to save you or mean much. The game is built on doing max dps in expert/master. Especially in hardmode with damage in the 100s, defence is not something you should be actively seeking.

Wizard set with meteor legs is 10 defence, meteor set is 16 defence, jungle is 17...If that 6-7 less damage means something to you, then you really need to learn how to dodge or avoid dying.

I noticed that the tooltip for Ninja armor states "3% crit chance". This is considerably shorter than the standard "critical strike chance" that is used in all other armor/accessory tooltips, so do you reckon it would be a good idea to standardize all equipment to read "crit chance" instead? I'd even be okay if they said "critical chance" or "critical rate", but "critical strike chance" is just a really clunky phrase that makes the tooltips way longer than they need to be.

I don't know if this has been talked about or not, but I hate the luck mechanic. Most of the luck mechanic is using the right torch, which is ridiculously annoying. I don't want to have to carry more torch stacks to fill up my already small inventory. Not only that, but the only other aspects of luck are so strange. Ladybugs and gnomes? Why? Gnomes are hostile and ladybugs are just... sort of there sometimes. Why does this make me more or less lucky? I don't know. Also, as I forgot to mention, this mechanic is never mentioned once until you talk to the wizard, where he vaguely hints at your luck. This wouldn't even be that bad if it didn't have such a huge impact on the game. It can almost half your luck. meaning that if you're farming something and you accidentally use a wrong torch or kill a little bug, a mechanic you were never even told about kicks in and says "how do you like farming for twice the amount of time you should?" There's just something that I hate about having to deal with carrying extra torches just so I don't get way less rare drops. Maybe if this mechanic was mentioned, and the negative effect of torches was either removed or greatly lessened, I wouldn't mind this mechanic. But as it stands, it's just a chore.

I don't know if this has been talked about or not, but I hate the luck mechanic. Most of the luck mechanic is using the right torch, which is ridiculously annoying. I don't want to have to carry more torch stacks to fill up my already small inventory. Not only that, but the only other aspects of luck are so strange. Ladybugs and gnomes? Why? Gnomes are hostile and ladybugs are just... sort of there sometimes. Why does this make me more or less lucky? I don't know. Also, as I forgot to mention, this mechanic is never mentioned once until you talk to the wizard, where he vaguely hints at your luck. This wouldn't even be that bad if it didn't have such a huge impact on the game. It can almost half your luck. meaning that if you're farming something and you accidentally use a wrong torch or kill a little bug, a mechanic you were never even told about kicks in and says "how do you like farming for twice the amount of time you should?" There's just something that I hate about having to deal with carrying extra torches just so I don't get way less rare drops. Maybe if this mechanic was mentioned, and the negative effect of torches was either removed or greatly lessened, I wouldn't mind this mechanic. But as it stands, it's just a chore.
I don't have anything to say about the rest of your post, but "bad torch luck" (bad luck for using the wrong torch) was removed in the latest hotfix (1.4.0.3).

I think the Cell Phone may be useless in 1.4, for using Potion of Return to return home is much better. I think these two things can be composed to make Terra Phone.

I think the Cell Phone may be useless in 1.4, for using Potion of Return to return home is much better. I think these two things can be composed to make Terra Phone.

The cell phone is incredibly useful as it has all the other stats attached besides the return to home function... If you want a faster way to return home, the recall potions are better than the mirror.

I'd use the cell phone for that stats it provides even if it didn't allow you to teleport back to spawn. Having it consume your mirror and function as the mirror along with the stats is a major plus for me.

Yeah defense is quite useless in Master Mode. What is the point of getting all warding if you're going to get like 3 shot anyways. All menacing or nothing unless you're a summoner.

Yeah defense is quite useless in Master Mode. What is the point of getting all warding if you're going to get like 3 shot anyways. All menacing or nothing unless you're a summoner.
Not necessarily useless. My partner currently is running melee and managed to hit 150+ defense and has been fairly tanky throughout the entire run so far. Late game on the other hand one shots you regardless so you may be right in that regard.

Not necessarily useless. My partner currently is running melee and managed to hit 150+ defense and has been fairly tanky throughout the entire run so far. Late game on the other hand one shots you regardless so you may be right in that regard.
I'll admit you're right in terms of melee and possibly range but, mage? Magic Armor doesn't have enough defense for an interaction to change from getting all warding accessories meaning it'll still take lets say 4 hits to kill a mage. That means that getting all menacing will probably be more beneficial. For Summoner I'm think using melee speed(for whips) and or menacing as well. The faster a whip the shorter it is.

Maybe they should further enhance defense in master mode similar to how they made it more effective in expert.

I'll admit you're right in terms of melee and possibly range but, mage? Magic Armor doesn't have enough defense for an interaction to change from getting all warding accessories meaning it'll still take lets say 4 hits to kill a mage. That means that getting all menacing will probably be more beneficial. For Summoner I'm think using melee speed(for whips) and or menacing as well. The faster a whip the shorter it is.
I agree for mage. I even sacrifice my boots and wings when I run mage due to how great the accessories are plus the healing for one of the armor sets is useful on occasion. Damage is always great on them. I just use the broken pirate ship mount till I get my hands on the UFO. That's all the mobility I need. For summoner I like to be more well-rounded, but not sure how I feel about it.

I'm playing with my cousins and they found that breaking pigronatas it's great for farm money, they buy a stack and they always get profit, i'm not trying to figure out why but it's game breaking. Anyone can try this metod if you don't believe me.
A change in the money drop percentage need to be changed or something.

It's not going to save you or mean much. The game is built on doing max dps in expert/master. Especially in hardmode with damage in the 100s, defence is not something you should be actively seeking.

Wizard set with meteor legs is 10 defence, meteor set is 16 defence, jungle is 17...If that 6-7 less damage means something to you, then you really need to learn how to dodge or avoid dying.
Pre-HM in Master absolutely benefits from defence, it feels like it has a higher multiplier (maybe 1.0) on reduction vs other modes. I've yet to beat WoF (not even tried it), so I can't speak for HM. I pushed all my accessories to warding and the +20 (no money for 6th) was very noticeable.

Pre-HM in Master absolutely benefits from defence, it feels like it has a higher multiplier (maybe 1.0) on reduction vs other modes. I've yet to beat WoF (not even tried it), so I can't speak for HM. I pushed all my accessories to warding and the +20 (no money for 6th) was very noticeable.
I checked the wiki. 1.0 is correct.

I know it's been said many times before, but fishing really has been nerfed just a bit too much. I spent over an hour fishing and got a single iron crate and a few wooden ones. Bear in mind this is with 50% fishing power. This is probably about 5 times less than what I would have got in 1.3 and it makes me sad that another branch of progression has been cut off to most players until they get crateor fishing potions, which is hard for the beginner to do. And don't even start me on how grindy Blood moon fishing is now.

We already lost the reaver shark and the Pre-Hardmode to Hardmode crate trick; so why are we losing everything else about fishing too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom