Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
moss knight.png

Eyy, this is my pixel art for the Journey's End Vanity.
I did a vanity called "Hazard T." and if this is selected the description can say "... se pueden distinguir pequeñas letras sobre el metal desgastado ... bYdamag3" or any thing like that, sry i hope u can translate that because my english is so bad :p
pixil-frame-01.png

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0.png
    pixil-frame-0.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 76
Heyho, here is my 'Mercenary vanity set':
mercenary_vanity_set.png

Placed on mannequins in order:
legs, torso, helmet | full set, legs+torso.
mercenary_vanity_set_mannequin.png

Pieces of the set in order:
legs, torso, helmet
mercenary_vanity_set_pieces.png

It is a leather-armor type of set, complete with legs, torso and a helmet.

Helmet - The helmet features a spike on the top, a front nose guard and a neck guard on the back. It might not appeal to many, but you can always choose to pick your favourite head gear to wear with the torso and the legs. The helmet is the same in both right and left orientation(mirrored).
Torso - The bulk of the torso is a simple leather armor, with a large right-shoulder guard. The shoulder guard features two spikes, and underneath it flows a small torn red cloth. The red cloth could flap a bit as the character moves, or better yet, move with the wind(since that is a part of this update). The left and right orientation look different since the shoulder guard is only on one shoulder. Note that the hands are not covered(skin is showing), no sleeves or gloves.
Legs - Legs feature iron finger tips and heels, while the rest is made of leather. They are the same mirror-wise.

The leather could be either made darker or lighter, I don't think the contrast to the few metal parts is all that great right now(the leather could be a bit more 'orange' I guess).

Last edited:
2020-03-21.gif

My concept for the vanity set is a Lucha Libre costume --
It includes a mask, top with gloves, shorts with boots, and if possible, a glorious cape (included in the torso item). The colour I chose was pink, but obviously many other colours, and traditional mexican wrestler costume colour ways would all be great (it would also be cool if the yellow and pink parts on my design could be respectivively changed with the multi-coloured dye in the game to provide personalisation 😊).

Here's mine:
Flame Head (glowmask?)
Molten Chestpiece (again, maybe a glowmask for the hands and ribs? )
Molten Greaves
I was thinking the fire in the chest and hands could glow or something but not actually create light, and the flame head was moving around a bit (like the campfire block) but if not then thats alright.
Also the lines in the middle are ribs, not abs.
2020-03-31_00.55.40.png

Last edited:
I call this outfit "the TP Hunter" helmet includes a yellow bandana, goggles, and a P-100 mask. The armor includes a safty orange rubber coat and blue gloves. The legs include yellow rubber boots. This art was made using Gimp and is made by me, J. LeaRue. This art is for the use of Re-Logic only.
Vanity Contest.png

Name: Event Horizon Costume

Concept:
Black Hole Outfit
terraria_contest_entry.png
Reason:

Very recently humanity took the first picture of a black hole, as a fan of space and terraria this idea came to my mind.

Color pallet: white, yellow, orange, black

Behavior:

Animation effect

The outfit will have 3 states these are: Normal, Bright and Dark. This states changes occur depending of the light level the player is in:
  1. (Normal) Picture 1 is normal light level, average torch light, inside a house.
  2. (Bright) Picture 2 being out in the sun fully bright.
  3. (Dark) Picture 3 darkest during the night or inside a cave with no other light. Making only the outfit visible

• The colors that glow are orange, yellow and white. Depending of the light level some colors become more common
  • Darkest ___Orange < Yellow < White______ Brightest
Glow effect

• The outfit color effects (the white, yellow and orange parts) and particles will glow in the dark, it will not emit any illumination, only making the outfit and the particles it emits visible even in the darkest places.
Particle Effects

• Additionally, the outfit will give of particles in the white, yellow and orange color with the illusion that the outfit is giving off energy, this can be seen in pictures 1 and 2 and also a bit in picture 3
Speed trails (Picture 4)

• Also, when moving very fast some parts of the outfit will give off a trail in orange and yellow this being hair top, eyes, hands, feet bottom, this can be seen in picture 4
Moon events especial effects

Since terraria has so many events and lore tied to the phases of the moon and this outfit is a black hole, I love the idea of moons orbiting the outfit.

• In pictures 5 to 10 the outfit can be seen with moons orbiting it.
  • The green color that surrounds the outfit represents the orbit of these moons.
  • In picture 7 are more colors to represent the orbit of each orb.

These effects will be different for each lunar event that there is or will be in the game, working in the following way:

• Picture 5 by default, the outfit will always look like having a single normal moon orbiting the outfit

• Picture 6 during a blood moon, the moon will match the looks of the blood moon

• Picture 9 during a pumpkin moon, the moon will match the looks of the pumpkin moon

• Picture 10 during a frost moon, the moon will match the looks of the frost moon

• Picture 11 during an eclipse, the moon will match the looks of the eclipsed moons

• Endgame Lunar Events

• Picture 7 when the lunar event is triggered the moon will be replaced with 4 orbs representing each lunar pillar and will stay as such as long as the event is ongoing, the various line colors represent the orbits of this orbs around the player when a pillar is destroyed the respective orb will disappear

• Picture 8 when all the pillars in the lunar event have been destroyed a new orb will appear with the colors of the moon lord and will stay until the moon lord is defeated or the player loses the battle for terraria.

terraria_contest_entry.png

Hey this is my shot at getting items in the game!
9D5948E2-F9A0-41C3-84E9-314A8DE1C559.jpeg

Hey this is my shot at getting items in the game!
9D5948E2-F9A0-41C3-84E9-314A8DE1C559.jpeg
Hey I forgot to add something to this, the lights on the side of the headset will change colors based on what biome you are in! (Purity-Green) (Crimson-Red) (Corruption-Purple) (Hell-Orange) (Underground-Brown) (Caverns-Grey) (Space-Black) (Mushroom-Blue) (Jungle-Light Green) And so in with snow and desert and oceans.

this is smiley face
IMG_0794.PNG

sorry about the bad drawing, i did it on my phone

head: yellow mask with black eyes and a white smile
torso: yellow unzipped sweatshirt with a hood and a black shirt underneath with white gloves (include pockets if you want)
legs: black pants with white shoes

i always wanted to make a youtube channel about this guy and make a bunch of characters and their own universe and everything. i cant do that though because i dont have equipment for it. i know my chances of winning are slim, but i also want to get people to see my art style and see if people enjoy the idea of it. please let me know if you do.

My armor set is the Doctor Knight set, It has a golden outline to it.

Gold Armor.JPG

Gold Helm.JPG

Gold Chest.JPG

Gold Boots.JPG

I always wanted a golden/dark knight looking set into the game, so why not try and get it added now?
I tried to make this easier to add into the game by staying within the max pixel size/shape of most of the armors in the game, if this still doesn't fit, please change it, Im sure it will look much better than what I made here with actual pixel artists behind it.

Just a side-note, I have been a fan of Terraria for a LONG time, I have over 1000 hours on steam to prove that. It s been a long journey from beginning 2013 to now, but they all sadly must come to an end.
I want to say thank you to everyone who currently works and previously worked on creating this wonderful game, You all are wonderful people who created an awesome experience for everyone to enjoy, and thats just fantastic.

Thanks for considering my entry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom