Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imperial Vanity - Terraria Vanity Entry (1).gif

+ Head: Imperial Cap
+ Torso: Imperial Coat
+ Legs: Imperial Trousers

Because of my love for all things history and military, it's design is inspired from a Japanese WW2 Soldier. However, with the right dyes, it could be used for other costumes, such as an American civil war Union soldier.

Name of the armor: Cone

The hat would be just the top of the cone, and the legs would be the middle and the bottom combined, like the drop from the The One They Call Tim.

Idk I can't do pixel art so just base it off this picture

Like if you want this in the game. Also my YT is my username :p

PS: There would not be words on it, and if you can, the description would be "Making driving harder since 1914!"

FM74991_full_1.jpg

So this is my vanity set.

It's a pig, like my profile picture.
It's pink.
I want it in the game because I like pink.
I want it in the game because there aren't pigs in the game.
I want pigs in the game.
I like pink.

The head is a Pig Mask.
The torso is a Pig Shirt.
The bottom is a Pig Pants.
Simple right?
PinkHamSet.png

That's it. (I made it on photoshop)

Attachments

• PinkHam vanity.png
    PinkHam vanity.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
15841521883691139884589.jpg
15841522120771442401154.jpg
hi this is my design it haft demon haft angel its called darkess. It was made by a legendary haft demon and angel blacksmith but the blacksmiths loved a demon which betrayed him and the rage corrupted the armour and when ever you get low on health the angel did goes darker as well as the demon side let's of a dark aura and the angel side let's of a light aura.

The angel side has a silver white colour base and the demon side has a black and dark purple with a couple neon purple outlines

Okay this may not be well drawn as this is my first time doing pixel art. But I believe I achieve what I wanted, to get the concept across. So I left the shapes of the armour pieces pretty simple to leave as much creative freedom as I could for whoever edits this is if it gets chosen by chance. If anyone who reads this cares about the extra details, I left it simple for the additional reason that I tried to experiment with shapes, but I didnt think any of them looked good. So my philisophy was so leave it simple and if it gets chosen then let them to the fine tuning and shaping, instead of creating a shape that could very well take me out of the running for this competition. So I focused on getting the concept across, which I succeeded in. My concept is that this "armour" (In reality a vanity set) is being corrupted by both evils at the same time. They are 'fighting' each other to override the entire set. It all started in the center core, and the main clash of the two evils are in the helmet, almost splitting it in two almost. You would get this set by killing any mob during a blood moon in the corruption or crimson, whichever you have. BUT there is one catch. If possible, you must kill the mobs with a weapon that is originally from the opposite evil. Examples would be the clinger staff, toxikarp, scourge, fetid bagnaks, vampire knives, etc. Basically any weapon that was themed after one of those biomes. Mobs you kill would drop one piece at a time, and it would be fairly rare, but not require a crazy amount of time to grind for it. If you were to acquire this set, it would be called "Monster Of Depravity"
Good Luck Y'all! May The Best Artist Win!
pixil-frame-0.png

Last edited:

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!

Attachments

• armor unicorn.png
    armor unicorn.png
    1 KB · Views: 149
Heres my submission. not final obviously, IF it does win i will say that devs can change as they please with the idea in mind, Hands and legs have spikes, head has "Horns", and there are bits that are lights.
Metroid fusions Fusion suit is the inspiration for the spikes, but is not a reference, But thats just a rough example on how they look. the one on a neck is supposed to be a scarf, but ended up looking like part of the metal armor. so like a metal scarf that flows.
Screenshot (335).png

I made an account just so I could enter! This is the Fallen Champion's Set! (name can be changed though since I know it's a mouthful)

This design is based off of one of my own original characters, though a little simplified. I'd really prefer minimal changes (aside from the male variants) since this design is really personal to me for several reasons, but I understand if that makes it a deal breaker. Good luck to everyone else entering! :>
contestentry.png

i have a piece of art here that is not in pixel form. that said it would be cool to see it adapted for the terrarria pixel art. Please see attached, and have a fantastic day. the names of the armor(icy helm, icey cloak, icy boots) the description(frozen to the touch, and to the soul)peache's Ice elemental.png

Last edited:
I made a Wood Elemental Vanity and provided some ways dyes might interact with it. The lighter parts on the torso, eye, and back of the legs would also have a glowmask. Ideally to would be sold by the dryad but obviously I have no idea how you want these user vanities to be distributed in game. Hope you enjoy my submission and am looking forward to the rest of them! :)
Terraria_Vanity_Contest.png

I have always loved the mime mask so this was a inspired by that.

An ancient cracked mask that oddly smells of roses. The hair should show depending on the character hairstyle and color.

An odd hoodie that is durable and keeps you warm.

And finally an odd pair of cargo pants because who doesn't need more pockets in Terraria?

Love the game and will continue playing it because it feels like a piece of home no matter where i am.

Attachments

• Terraria contest .png
    Terraria contest .png
    28.3 KB · Views: 325
1584153787356.png

Beach bro set? Anyone up for playing beach volleyball with those cozy new beach ball changes that are coming?
The inflatable muscles are a must, just imagine the possibilities.
Wearing capes and cloaks above what amounts to nothing at all?
Amazing
King slime mask + muscles?
Could probably bend me in half
Just normal ginger beard + muscles would probably look good as well

ignore the fact that i am physically incapable of creating art and instead just googled inflatable muscles, beach shorts, and goggles + swim cap lol i'd feel horrible if i had to subject anyone to my ms paint scribbles

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom