Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contest entry armour design.jpg

My entry. :)

image.jpg

image.jpg Hey all, I've been working long and hard the past few days on this "project" for my dream vanity set to be in terraria. I can proudly say this IS my favorite game to ever exist and to be a staple in the history of it, would truly be an honor. I would like to give a big thank you to the developers who've worked hard non-stop to give us one of the best games of this time, and a thank you for making my childhood what it is now. I also wish good luck to all participants who've entered. And to those who win, please take it as a sign that you have the ability to do something great, and don't just brag that you are the best. I will support any decision the developers make and I always will, even if I don't win, as long as they truly and correctly make their choices. Good luck to all on winning and congratulations to those that actually win.
My Submission Notes:

Overview:

The character I chose to create is a bunny wearing his formal lettuce hat in addition, he rocks a nice pair of shades/glasses to “show off” in front of all the other bunnies. o_O

Not only that, but he is accompanied by his bunny pal, Kip, who vibes all day on his shoulder.

NOTE: the torch is just being held in the picture, and isn’t an actual part of the vanity

Color:

Hat
- The hat is made of lettuce so it would seem to be made in green colors.

Shades- As any cool shades/glasses would look, they are made of black and gray colors.

Collar/Bell- The collar strap itself is made with shades of red, but the chain and bell are shades of gray.

Nose- Like the beloved terraria bunny, his nose will be pink.

Kip- Kip is a special boy, his fur is white and nose is pink. Kip’s appearance is identical compared to the main player. But he is a festive bunny, and always wears his well know dark blue Santa hat.

Underbelly- His underbelly is very similar to the color of his nose (pink).

Fur– His fur, counting his little bushy tail, is white and light gray.

Section 1 of the Vanity set, Headgear:

Headgear- Compromised of the lettuce hat and shades/glasses.

Mechanics- When a seasonal or in-game event occurs that causes the average wild bunnies to change sprites, (Christmas, Christmas hat. Party, party hat. etc) the lettuce hat on our main character would change to the things the bunnies are wearing. NOTE: Only the lettuce hat will change, no of this affects the shades.

Section 2 of the Vanity set, Chestplate:

Chestplate- The chestplate consists of the collar, the bunny tail, and Kip.

Mechanics- Kip’s blue Christmas hat will act as a glowmask. Kip will only show up if you have the full set on, so I guess you can say he is the “set bonus” of the set.

Section 3 of the Vanity set, Leggings:

Leggings- The leggings are made up of the bunny slippers.

Mechanics- When walking on the ground, he will display walking/running animation particles. These particles will be different due to the most recent boss/mini boss killed or event completed.

NOTE: There is a trail for every boss/mini boss defeated and every event completed but I chose to only list a few of each for example:

King Slime- Little blue slimes will appear in the blue gel trail along with gold sparkles, for his crown.

Eye of Cthulhu- Little wandering eyes appear in the player’s trail along with shades of red and pink, if your world’s “evil” is crimson, or shades of red and purple, if your world’s “evil” is corruption.

Wall of Flesh- A primarily red trail, to represent blood and hell, along with the leeches that attack you during battle and a variety of pre-hardmode hell enemies like demons, fire imps, and bone serpents.

Plantera- A green naturistic trail with leaves, her pink and green “seeds”, her thorn balls, and spores.

NOTE: With the events like the frost moon and pumpkin moon, the mini bosses you beat within that event, will stack up. (If you only kill Everscream and Santa-N1K, you will only have pine tree branches and bullet shells. If you also killed Frost Queen, you would additionally have frost shards in your trail. In addition, only mini bosses that are in the same event stack up. If you have Everscream’s and Santa N1K’s trail, and you kill Mourning Wood, then you only have Mourning Wood’s particle trail. However, if you retry the same event and still have your old particles that are from that event, and you kill a mini boss you didn’t previously, their trail will stack. Lastly, when you have all the mini bosses’ trails from one event, various enemies from the event appear in the trail.

Frost Moon- All bosses- you would have pine tree branches, empty bullet shells, frost shards, and gingerbread follow behind a snowy trail. Everscream only- you would have pine tree branches behind a snowy trail. Everscream and Santa-N1K- pine tree branches and empty bullet shells behind a snowy trail.

Section 4 of the Vanity set, Name and description:

The name and description of the set have 4 different pairs of names with descriptions based on your world’s difficulty in 1.4. (Journey, Normal, Expert, Master)

Journey: Name- BasicTem’s …… ;Description- Bad at impersonating devs!

Normal: Name- DefaultTem’s …… ;Description- Decent for impersonating devs!

Expert: Name- ExpertTem’s …… ;Description- Good for impersonating devs!

Master: Name- AceTem’s …… ;Description- Great for impersonating devs!

Section 5 of the Vanity set, Obtaining:

This wonderful set will be obtained in a not-so-wonderful way. And that is, my friends, killing bunnies. I know, very cruel and harsh, and I’m sorry for that.

I want this drop to be like the slime staff, where you take something with no actual good use and make it useful. So, this can be obtained using statues as well. But, because the set gets cooler the harder difficulty you play on, that will change it’s drop rate. The harder the difficulty the worse the drop chance will get. These drops chances will be much lower than the slime staff, but the pieces drop separately.

Journey: The drop chance is 1/2500

Normal: The drop chance is 1/3000

Expert: The drop chance is 1/3500

Master: The drop chance is 1/4000

Final Thoughts: Despite the various great ideas included in my submission, I would be 100% willing to tweak or compromise on all concepts as you are the game’s developers, and working together would lead to nothing but more success.

Name of vanity armor: Taint

Description: My idea was for a glowing mushroom-style armor. It is slowly taking over its host. Slowly growing and glowing brighter each day. The armor is supposed to look like its growing from the floor up. The player was infected from the spores or truffle worms. It is slowly taking over the player until it has full control. Epic?
I tried to replicate your guy's art style but rip me lol. I am no artist but I tried :p. The glowing mushroom layer is one of my favorite biomes and I feel like it needs some more love. The biome has such a look to it that comfy and scary.

Pixel Art:

Real size
TerrariaContest_BrandonClemente.png

Blown up
TerrariaContest_ButBigger_BrandonClemente.png

I always liked the design of armors that included horns on the helmet, so I tried to make one. The Horned Knight's set.

I imagine that the purple highlights would be that sort of "glow" material that stays visible in darkness, and also that if any COLOR dyes were applied to the armor, It would change the highlights, but not the black armor itself.

The design itself is also pretty simple. Horned helmet with the horns themselves designed similar to a ram's horns. I also like the padded shoulders, and I thought the idea of forearm blades would look neat.

Terraria Armor Design.png

This is my Shadow Bunny outfit.

-Head is a black hood with bunny ears.
-Torso is a shirt with pink stripes and patterns
-Legs is a pair of black pants with pink stripes and slippers.

Attachments

• shadow bunny oood.png
    shadow bunny oood.png
    131.1 KB · Views: 84
very bad drawing but I had the idea of a dragon vanity, I know, real common. This dragon vanity will have a longer face with teeth/canines showing and an angry glare with yellow eyes.

The torso as bare chested showing ripped pecs and abs, and scars here and there (Forgot to add those), but on the back has multiple weapons sticking out of it, as well as a pair of tattered wings (not usable for flight just vanity)

The legs have ripped pants and are uniquely shaped to look more dragon like, along with claws. Kind of like raptor claws/legs.

PS- all colors are up for change

Extras- if possible i thought that, in the part 2 drawing, if you pick up enough speed a simple animation would show the character tiliting horizontally to show it "flying" or just hovering above the ground. These is completely a suggestion that if isn't possible or not enough time for it, that's fine.

Attachments

• Dragon Vanity.png
    Dragon Vanity.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Dragon vanity pt 2.png
    Dragon vanity pt 2.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 94
Hi,
My character may seem like just a normal mobster at first look, but a keen-eyed individual may notice it is in fact an elephant!!
A fan of Tommy guns and cigars, this rapscallion loves making mischief about town, and long walks on the beach.

This big guy is a pink elephant, but all the photos of him are in black and white so most folk believe he's grey

Ive provided a lil doodle too incase you're into that

gangsta elephant bigger.png
gangsta nelly.png

Last edited:
Henlo =3
Here's my submission for the most p-awsome game! ^w^

• Item Icons:
[Head] Mysterious Ten-Tackles
  • Not really tentacles, it's a type of flame with circle spots.
  • Can't fit all 10 :(
  • "It's trying to grab your head."
[Torso] Purr-ple Bangle Dress
  • It has a golden egyptian necklace.
  • Hoop floats around the lower waist.
  • "You can feel serenity amongst cat kind"
[Leg] Golden Sun Boots
  • It covers above the knee.
  • Made of hardened bronze.
  • "Father's memento"
Mysterious Ten-tackles2.png
Purr-ple Bangle Dress2.png
Golden Sun Boots.png

• How it looks together & Boots only (Druid Armor is just for filler):
Catghost attire3.png
Catghost attire3.png
Catghost Boots2.png
Catghost Boots2.png
  • Additional info
    • The cat-racter is from an imaginary friend I had when I was a child named "Cat ghost" x3
    • Re-designed to add more details from "Bastet" Goddess of Cats & "Sekhet" Warrior Lioness, Goddess of Healing.
    • Though the vanity set doesn't add cat ears & the 3 cat tails, it's because I didn't want to add too much details o-o
    • I use female models, but there would be no changes for male counter parts.
catghost_the_peaceful_by_meowinginsanely_ddkash0-fullview.jpg

p.s. Erk the images are too big sorry =<

Last edited:
TerrariaVanityContest_TheCyborgFalconSubmission_DynastyArmorVanity.png

Here's my submission! I thought it would be interesting to conceptualize a Dynasty Wood Armor, since it is my favorite wood in the game. Though I know it's only vanity, the concept helped me come up with something I'm pretty proud of.

Thank you for this contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom