Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2020-03-13_18.42.11.png

This is my submission, I call it The Blind Demon set. I'm open to any suggestions that you guys may have to improve upon it, after all, I'm no pixel art god lol. I should mention that the horns could glow, that's the hope at least. The chest seems a little plain to me, perhaps there could be an open wound there or something. You would probably know better than me. I really love your guys' game. It has brought me so many good memories. The replayability of it is the best part, I'd say. And now that I have a chance to leave my own mark on the game, I am not gonna let it pass me by. So here's my idea! Good luck to all the other contestants as well.

-Much love, Impish

Last edited:
How about a Doom/ Doom eternal styled set?
I drew it myself
Head: praetor suit helm
Description: in the first day, in the first age...
Torso: Praetor suit torso
Description:Only one stood between him...
Legs: Praetor suit leggings
Description:those who tasted the bite of his sword
Named him, the doom slayer...

Attachments

• 26D4B49E-CE76-4257-B357-443F5B09BBC2.jpeg
    26D4B49E-CE76-4257-B357-443F5B09BBC2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 134
I had quite a few ideas, I wanted to do something like a plague doctor but I thought crowno’s items were to similar. I tried making some other sets but this fishbowl one I have decided on really stood out to me.
here is my entry for the terraria vanity contest!
The head is a fishbowl with a fish swimming around in it (it would be better if the fish was animated if that’s possible).
The body is a mix between a business suit and a tailcoat, the red rectangle on the body is a tie.
The legs are just a really dark grey (almost black).
I know wings can’t be added but if possible I think some water wings would look really cool with this set! But of course It’s fine if it doesn’t get added.
the set is attached on this message

thanks Plge

Attachments

• A52D34B0-C2DC-4067-88A8-D2942ADC9A69.png
    A52D34B0-C2DC-4067-88A8-D2942ADC9A69.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 92
  • E49637EF-BA21-44C1-B180-716FDFF96AEF.jpeg
    E49637EF-BA21-44C1-B180-716FDFF96AEF.jpeg
    28.5 KB · Views: 96
  • AC773536-A774-4309-9724-346CD970D89B.jpeg
    AC773536-A774-4309-9724-346CD970D89B.jpeg
    29.2 KB · Views: 84
  • FDCC5AAD-A17C-4144-B05D-E51A58EA57E5.jpeg
    FDCC5AAD-A17C-4144-B05D-E51A58EA57E5.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 94
Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 11.47.59 am.png

I absolutely love this game and I have been playing it since I was 11. I'm now 17!
My idea (because I am an Australian) was a realistic Australian vanity set, with a checkered flannel shirt, crocodile tooth hat, and a classic pair of navy jeans. I whipped up this sprite this morning out of excitement (my first ever sprite so go easy on me). My idea was that because it was a true Aussie, critters become aggressive and have higher defence when wearing the set.
Thanks for the opportunity!

vanity.PNG
tech.PNG

this vanity set is a slime stack i believe that the slimes are the most iconic terraria enemy. so granted i love the slime so being able to become a stack of slimes would be amazing. now for the problem: how would it hold the weapons or move with no legs? first off it would move like the slime mount, then for weapons i'm sure you guys could find a way to make him hold something, maybe they just stick to him. now you guys can fix the proportions when you put it the game (if you do) like the head could be smaller like a pinky. i know it is not perfect but i would love to see your iteration of a slime stack. now for the item description it should have little jokes in it like "don't get too close to fire" or "its a bit sticky" or other jokes like that. if you really want you could change it up a bit. also because i have to say this the blue slime is the pants the green is the chest-plate, the pinky is the helmet (sorry for bad handwriting). terraria is my favorite game in the world i remember the first time i played, i got hooked on mining for ores than got more into beating the game. i also got jump scared by the dungeon guardian bad. i have been playing for as long as the first time it was on xbox 360 till now on my trusty computer. it has been a journey and i would be so happy if i could put a permanent thing in the game as the final update. just an idea but the dyes could change the slimes colors like rainbow dye could turn it rainbow or living sand dye could turn it into a sand slime etc it might take awhile to sprite but it would be cool (not all dyes would work like there's no brown slime)
thanks for considering my artwork and feel free to change it as long as its a slime stack as for terraria my journey will never end.
(also if anyone else has posted this i didn't see it this came out of my own head)
p.s. you should put the petri dish on pc i love that pet💙

Last edited:
Hello, this is my set, I call it Amissa's Set
Your scarf is a separate accessory.
When wearing the complete set with the scarf, the eyes shine and the light has movement.
the scarf has movement animations when the character moves.
the shoulder pads are demon claws.
wear brown boots or whatever you prefer.
Get the idea out of this Monster Hunter armor
Thank you for giving us an opportunity to be creative, you are the best.
<3

Amissa Set.png
FrontierGen-Gore_Armor_%28Blademaster%29_%28Male%29_Render_001.png

the armor of heaven, made of clouds and umbrella

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0.png
    pixil-frame-0.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 1584234179208.png
    1584234179208.png
    312 bytes · Views: 108
This is my set
Based on being balance or ying and yang in real life, (if you believe in that stuff), I thought this would be an interesting idea to have inverted colours on each side of the suit so each direction is opposite colors black going right white going left. Also if full set is worn can it have an after image effect like the meteorite armor.
Balence set.png

This can change, but can it be that you can make the set out of the dark and light souls you get from the dark and light mummies.

1584234360184.png
Sorry I don't find there to be much wrong with MS paint so I just used it. The text explains the concept because its not that self-explanatory. Sorry this is just a big deal to me I love terraria I have played it for years just now found out about the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom