Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made something. I call it "The Octo-Suit".

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0 (1).png
    pixil-frame-0 (1).png
    182.2 KB · Views: 86
Reference for terraria.png

-Edited to add more details-
Possible names: "The Desert predator" or "The Vulture" set.
Hat- Doesn't cover full head, only on top. If in armour slot, +2 defence. Potential needs for crafting (IF IT'S CRAFTABLE): 10 feathers and 1 antlion mandible
Body- False feathers most visible when jumping/falling, if any back accessories (such as wings) are equipped they will not be visible. Claws don't rely on skin colour. If in armour slot, +3 defence. Potential needs for crafting (IF IT'S CRAFTABLE): 15 feathers and 3 antlion mandibles
Pants- Skin tone relies on body colour but the claws don't. If in armour slot, +2 defence. Potential needs for crafting (IF IT'S CRAFTABLE): 5 feathers and 4 antlion mandibles.
Potential ways of acquiring them- Rare drop from desert enemies or craftable (noted beside the descriptions) Potential drop chance (IF IT'S DROPPED): 1% from any desert enemy, though the chances are increased to 5% from vultures.
If the FULL SET is in the armour slot, the set bonus will be increased speed and increased melee damage.
When sitting with the full set on, the player could hunch over to represent a vulture, and their head will be nearly fully covered by the hat. If you don't have the full set, sitting will be normal. Feathers (if no back accessories) will be visible if you sit.
If you have any item that has claws on the player's hands that are not hidden by player choice (eg. climbing claws) then the talons will not be visible. The same applies to the clawed feet with items such as Hermes Boots
I know it isn't the best drawing, but I tried to highlight key details with it.

Last edited:
týpek okapito (3).png

This is the dock worker or oasis dweller vanity set. I took inspiration from clothing in docks and deserts.
The head gear is a simple head bandana, cover a small section of hair.
The torso part is sweaty shirt with gloves.
For the leg part I took inspiration from ancient Romans and made simple sandals.
The black lines are there so the words don't mix together.

Last edited:
New Piskel-2.gif
IMG_0725.jpg

This Set is Called the Kite Suit . Since Terraira has wind and kites this set would benefit the player by speeding and improving flying when its windy or with strong weather

Head: Name:Sky Visors , Defence 5,Stats : Increase Flying speed by 5% and gives mechanical Ruler effect. Crafting: 1xMechanical Ruler ,5xLead Bars , 1xBlackLens(Pre-Hardmode)

Chest: Name: Winged Tuxedo , Defence 10 , Stats :Increase Flying speed by 10% , Increase Flight time by 10% , Holding on the space bar make the player Float/Glide 20% slower than wings. Crafting ,20xSail (sold by the Pirate) ,1xTuxedo ,4xSouls of Flight (Hardmode)

Legs: Name: Winged Leggings , Defence 12 , Stats : Increase Walking and Flying Speed by 15% , Increase Jump height by 5% , Gives hover effect like (Hover Board). Crafting.1xTuxedo
Pants , 10xSail , 2xSoul of Flight (Hardmode)

This Set could be Crafted or Could be sold by the Pirate(Unlikely) , Steam punker , Clothier(Maybe) , Mechanic , Cyborg(a bit late) for 5GC(Head),15GC(Chest),10GC(Legs)=30CG

SetBonus : Increases base speed by 5% , + 8 Defence (Total Defence = 27+8=35),The sprite of the Kite wings on the armour take priority to the other wings(Unless vanity is worn over the suit) but the wings still use the flight height of the wings worn Example(DemonWings = 104 Flight height) + (Winged Tuxedo = 10.4 Additional Flight Height)=114.4 Total Height

My Pixel Art is quite bad so I think it can be way better looking with more pixels .I am quite happy that I get the chance to do this and that the final update sets Terraira of with a Bang :D

Last edited:
image.jpg

Sorry for the messy handwriting, the long text on the right says; “Armor of an ancient warrior that once wielded murumasa and met their grim end amongst an army of undead.”
-Chance to drop from Paladin.
-Preferably a special chest like biome chests but this is a vanity set contest not a chest and key contest.
-I just enjoy the idea of a little lore behind the murumasa, and it’s a fun set.
•|| Even if I don’t win, I want to thank the team and community for years of enjoyment and inspiration. :) ||•
It was fun making this even if it doesn’t have the greatest potential as a sprite. Good luck everyone!

True Paladin Armor.png
It is armor of True Paladin.Of course it could drop from paladin.
Description:
1)White: giant shoulders pads, gloves, boots and decorative plates on the head
2)Purple braces holding armor in assembled condition(you can only take it off if you take them off)
3)Strong metal base that can stand any attack.

P.S. You are allowed to change it how you want, because it is only idea.

Hey guys,
iv'e seen some awesome ideas and so here's my concept!
I wanted to make an angel inspired vanity set so here you go!
Coloured Parts.jpg

I know i wanted the outfit to have gold trim in most areas and the color scheme to be almost pastel in tone but the actual color choices are still up for debate.
I also added wing pieces to the waist of the skirt but they ARE NOT functional so they are a part of the piece and aren't classified as "wings".
The hair pin is pretty straight forward, the torso piece is a short almost robe that only comes down to the elbows with a hood and gem clasp.
Shoes are shoes and the skirt is a long flowing material that overlaps in the middle.
This is kinda hard to explain so i did a concept sketch to show the item's places.
Let me just say ALL the extra accessories included in the sketch below are just things i added on afterwards to get a better idea of the aesthetic of the character i was drawing, so please only take note on the items i showed above. :)
Sketch Concept.jpg

(i think this outfit would go well with one of the in-game staffs)
If you made it this far, thank you for reading my post and good luck to everyone else participating in this event!

Betman1.формат PNG
<3
Хочу предложить костюмы супер героев, например Бетман. 👍
целом у вас есть такой костюм похожий на бетмана, но он другой , я из кучи костюмов
всегда делаю бетмана, что бы было брутально и весело играть, но защита в нём хромает
для игры, эх а если вы сделаете такой шикарный костюм, то мне не придётся так страдать.

Last edited:
:rslime::pslime::bslime:..Here Is My Submission, The Trash Bandit..:bslime::pslime::rslime:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Before Reading (Mainly for if the Devs are reading this)
When (Ai) in brackets appear it means there is an attached image to go with that. I tried to do a drawing for everything but the things that are missing are things I tried to sprite but didn't look nice due to my inexperience, so I left them out.
There are Two versions of the design. One with a plastic bag and the racoon covering the whole head and the other with the Money Bag and the Mask
Out of these two I Prefer the Plastic Bag and the Whole Head design
I will mention this throughout my submission but about half the stuff here is not needed. You could turn most the stuff on or off like a switch and just take out the bits that are to hard to put in or take to much time. I just put down all of my ideas so do not feel that it is integral to the design they are just fun little things I thought would be cool to go with the set
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Introduction
Well here is a Raccoon better known as The Trash Bandit. If you have ever wanted to be a Raccoon here it is.
Final_Poster_Thing.JPG

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lore
(Just Skip this if you want its not important just done for fun)

I noticed some people doing Lore on their submissions so I guess ill have a go. Imagine the Tarzan Backstory except instead of being raised by gorillas it was by Raccoons. And instead of swinging around on vines he went around rummaging in bins. The Trash Bandit felt isolated and different and so he Built himself this suit to try and fit in but when he went around rummaging in the Nuclear power plant he was exposed to radiation which fused him and his suit so now he is a raccoon.
Or it could just be from a highly evolved secret society of raccoons. Where they hold auctions on each others Trash and are plotting to take over the world.
Method of Obtaining:
These are my three methods of obtaining, I would prefer on only one method but that's up to you. I prefer methods because two and three but I'm not too keen on the first idea but its just depends on what easiest for you.
Method 1 (Not Preferable) - An Npc. The npc (The trash Bandit would arrive at our house like the travelling merchant. But could only arrive if you have items in your trash can. He would sell junk items gold or platinum and have a rare chance of selling the set. Instead of money you would buy things with the junk like the tin can and old shoe. Or other common things. The set would cost something more valuable such as, Gold coins or Chandeliers or just anything crafted by gold and platinum.
(AI) Method 2 (Preferred) - The Trash can. Once per night after your first boss has been defeated if you have a trash can and some times in it then you will have a chance for the Elusive Trash Bandit to visit your home. You wouldn't see the trash bandit and it can only happen at night. Your Trash Can has to be off screen. It would play an audio cue that sounds something like rummaging through a bin and will say in the chat *You hear something in the bin, You should probably check it out*. This will have a rare chance of happening. Once you go to your trash can and open it you will find 1 of 4 notes that are displayed on the attached image. The notes can either say *Racoon noises* *Keep up the Good Trash* *You'll never catch me* or *Maybe someday ill reward you*. If you take the note to the guide he will give you a board. It would act as an interactive painting. Once you collect 3 more notes of 4 different types you can assemble the conspiracy board. Once the board as been fully assembled you will now how about a 10-25% chance of a piece of the set appearing in your bin. You can now see a faded silhouette of the trash bandit in the background sometimes
I would much prefer the Trash can idea but either is fine.
(AI) Method 3 (Preferred) - All the previous methods require Lots of other new things added but with this method you only need the critter. Yes because this is a critter it would have a cage and gold variant. It would be caught via a net, and any other variants etc that apply to other critters will be carried over to this one. This method requires a Critter / Racoon. Killing these Have a low chance to drop the Set. The way you would tell that the raccoon would drop it is via it wearing a black and white striped shirt on it. This would mean that particular raccoon has a 100% chance to drop a piece of the set. A 10% chance to drop 2 pieces and a 1% chance to drop every piece. These raccoons could only spawn if you have a trash can. No items in the Trash can result In a 0.1% chance of a raccoon spawning and if the Trash can is Full it has a 25% chance of spawning. Can only spawn once per night. The Raccoon that drops the items has a 5% chance of spawning every time a raccoon does in its place. Yes these would have respective banners. The Raccoon that drops the items would be called Suspicious raccoon. The suspicious raccoon would also have a gold variant and cage. The gold variant does not change the shirt.
The Final Method is a last resort if any of the above cant be done and this is jus crafting. That's not to say that I think crafting is a bad method or anything. I don't know about amounts but it would probably be luminite because of all the thingy MI bobbies of the set and to show its probably radioactive, tin can, old shoe and one gold coin. The party crown would be crafted with the luminite and the mask and other items with no luminite.
(AI) The set:
(Helmet) The Mask of the Trash Bandit: The tooltip for this will read *Probably ate something radioactive, should be fine right?* and will emit a soft glow when in the dark. The mask would show the hair but only the back bit so no clipping whilst the party crown will show the whole hair and place the crown over it like how the jungle rose does.
(Chestplate) The Favorite Sweater of The Trash Bandit: The tooltip for this will read *The Guides gonna kill me next time he catches me*The bag of money comes with the chestplate (If the bag of money is possible)
(Boots) The Jeans of The Trash Bandit: The Tooltip for this will read *Probably carrying some kind of disease*(The tail comes with this) It is absolutely essential that the legs/ thighs are chonky because this is one chonky racoon. I didn't put this in the drawing because I have no idea how it would be done and I'm not sure this would be allowed so I didn't want to get disqualified or anything. But if it can be done it must.
(AI) Note: Do not feel pressured to include this, take it out if need be but I consider it a part of the set. Like how the helmet, headgear and mask are for the Hardmode ore sets. When The moon Lord is killed the mask of the Trash Bandit will be replaced with the Crown of Trash with the tooltip *The King Of All Trash*, the Mask of The Trash Bandit can still be obtained but will be on a significantly lower chance than the Trash Crown. The Trash crown will have an animation that has flies circling around it. Maybe 2 or three flies. The Trash Crown only has 3 different colours and can be dyed to any other colour. When dyed only the Black part of the flies would be changed where the wings stay the same. For something like the rainbow dye the colour the fly is dyed will change as to not blend into the head so if a part where the fly crosses is red the fly could not be red. The Trash crown can be worn over helmets, etc... but if the helmet tis to big or clunky such as gladiator, necro or apprentice armour it would take over the helmet. The Trash crown would only go on top if it fits neatly. Although a lot of players might start a new world after the moon lord is killed if they have no intention of building and such. If so you could move the method of the Trash crown to master mode. Unlocking after beating the pirate invasion event it unlocks. However again it just depends on what is easiest for the developers.
In the Drawings the Head is quite small. I tried to draw it to normal terraria sized head. Although due to the attachments and the Armour I think it would look better if the Head was a tiny bit Bigger maybe about 15% bigger bigger just so it would look a bit better.
Just To say the Crown is fine with its size on the players head but on a helmet feel free to upscale it to fit that helmet and be visible.
The Full Set:
(AI) Note - Any ideas below for the full set are just all the ideas I wanted to put down. Fell free to change remove or add any you want
Wearing the Full Set would leave a Money Trail That disappears after half a second. Also whenever a chest of Trash Can is opened it would show Hardmode ores, gold or platinum coins but when taken into your inventory it will reveal what the item actually was all along hinting towards the fact that Racoons see The beauty I everything and as treasure or food. Walking past bins now Will result in being able to see Racoons surrounding them maybe rummaging through if possible. Walking past these will make them follow you for about 30 seconds. These are critters so they deal no damage but do have health. They drop no items. Maybe you could press a magical button e.g. (E) and then you turn into the raccoon. The t-shirt one and walk around as that. I feel it would be unfair because the hitbox would be smaller and you can't keep it the same so maybe it could ride on a little fart cloud. Or some toxic gas or something. It would keep same speed fall and everything but only the look would change. The gusts of wind signify the wind as I think that will be in 1.4 from the trailer. You could only do this during wind. The animation would be reminiscent of that of the dog of wisdom from the YouTube video titled dog of wisdom where it just sits on the cloud and magically moves about. If you have wings I don't know if this animation should take over that one so you can decide.
Animations:
When Killed the rest of the body would explode as normal but the bag would drop onto the ground with a perfect landing and not rolling about. When respawning the bag would disappear but if the bag was to close to the spawn it would be weird for it to just disappear so I little cloud would poof kinda like a ninja and then disappear behind it
When falling the bag would drag behind a bit so it would be a bit above the character and when landing the bag would either land perfectly back onto the player (Nobody know how other then the Trash Bandit himself) or it would land on the ground poof I a cloud and poof back on the player. Whilst falling it would inflate to show the air filling up inside it kind of like a parachute or when you throw a plastic bag.
Pay attention to how the flies change colour in the different forms (Gold, Glow mask, and normal) Dying would only override the normal colour of the flies but not the Glow and gold.
Extra:
The White Glow around the Character is only to make it stand out against the background and would not actually be there
I would be honoured if when wearing the full set you would have a small chance to start walking on all fours but of course that's asking a lot so if I were to win I wouldn't expect it
When in Multiplayer other players will see a green stink cloud around you that you yourself cannot read. They will also have a buff/debuf (no actual benefit) reading *Something stinks in here, oh god that's awful, I think im about to die my skin is burning I think im crying please god somebody help me, It's like if somebody ran over a skunk waited a week and the burned it tied it to a helicopter and flew over the whole world to let them smell true suffering ,I can see the light ,the angels are showing the way, I cant breath I guess this is it. Well adleast you've gotten the true feeling of despair and now you've gotten this memory to make you fell better whenever your going through suffering, porbably some kind of disease aswell, This is vile ,please god help me* The icon would be a fly.
I also Drew a second version with A Plastic bag on the back and instead of a mask its the whole head
Why this would be a good addition:
Its a raccoon. Pretty self-explanatory
But seriously, It give players a good reason to use trash cans instead of chests and it adds a bonus objective with the conspiracy board that doesn't require you to go out of your way. It also adds a fun new challenge as you cant see what the item really is until you take it out as racoons see the beauty and value in everything. It gives messy players an even better reason to organize their chests or trash cans so that they don't have to take each item out one by one. It also make it unique with the flies moving around the character and another fun task to do on their to-do list
To do list
-Go mining
-Fight my first boss
-Explore the dungeon
-GATHER UP MY ARMY TO WREEK HAVOC UPON ALL BINS
It would also help raise awareness for racoons as most people see them as pests which they can be (but only if threatened and if your throw your stuff away it means you don't want it) and some people even try to kill or hurt them when in reality raccoons are friendly creatures and can even be kept as pets. Also raccoons are cute. To Raise awareness for the third method The banners would have a tooltip saying 'You horrible human being' 'Was it worth it?'
The addition of raccons as critters helps create a more immersive and realistic world whilst still keeping its wacky and silly vibe.
… and that is my reasoning for this vanity set

This is my first time doing pixel art and even posting of any kind of forum so I hope my idea will inspire somebody else to put out theirs
:pinky::kingslime:Thank you for taking the time to read my submission. And good luck to everyone!:kingslime::pinky:

Last edited:
F5DA8E61-E0CA-4F97-A753-777A2D293059.jpeg

“Jon Crow” Set, a/k/a the “Nightwatcher”
  1. Head: No helmet - a custom hair/bead combo set.
  2. Torso: a breastplate/robe combo. Red design on the armor and brown/grey fur on the robe.
  3. Leggings: black/grey leggings with a visible (non-functional) sheath for a sword.
    F5DA8E61-E0CA-4F97-A753-777A2D293059.jpeg

My character, might not win. I don't mind much, I just want to see a nice new vanity in the game from whoever wins.

The name could be either 'Lonely' or 'Psycho' for example: Lonely's hair, or Psycho's jacket.
I don't have a preferred name but Psycho fits the character better.

Hair could be: Psycho/Lonely's Hair
Chestpiece could be: Psycho/Lonely's Jacket
Legs could be: Psycho/Lonely's Legwear

Quote for the hair: "Messy like always."
Quote for the jacket: "It's hiding knives."
Quote for the legs: "Good for chasing victims."

If you don't like my idea, it's your opinion and I won't be offended in any way.

Attachments

• Terrariavanitycompetition.png
    Terrariavanitycompetition.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 126
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom