Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
just a witch doctor costume, obviously with a few minor details changed so people can tell the difference
maybe a few alternate colors like pink or grey incase someone wants to be a different color without dyeing the clothes as well

I really love Terraria, it's my only game where i have above 1k hours.It would be really nice of you if my armor would be added in to the game.

Every colour in it represents every biome in terraria.

Only above the helmet there is celestials colours.
On the rest of Omega Biome Armor Set is:
Desert(yellow from sand(only on greaves)
Normal Biome(brown from trees and light green from grass),
Snow Biome(white from snow),
Marble Biome(gray from marble),
Granite Biome(deep blue from granite),
Ocean Biome(pink colour from corals and light blue from water),
Cavern Biome(some dark gray colour),
Corrupt and Crimson Biome(purple and red),
Hallowed and Terra colours (hallowed is that many yellow colours on entire armor and terra is dark green),
Hell Biome (orange from hellstone and fire(only on helmet and greaves),
And finally only on helmet dark red colour from light crystal.

1584145619647.png
1584145632985.png

I really hope you like it. Have a good day/night.

Love your game.

Hi, I've always thought that Terraria needed a Ghillie Suit to go with the Sniper Rifle as well as other ranged weapons... Here are two variants of the Ghillie Suit. one has the face and hands exposed which gives it more of a personal look. The other has goggles and its hands covered with camouflage I think this is a more "realistic" version since it has much better camo. I think it would be best if the legs physics acted like a robe. You could separate the Ghillie Suit into 2 pieces one called "Ghillie Jacket" and the other called "Ghillie Pants". Otherwise you could separate them into 3 different pieces with the hood being separate from the jacket example: Ghillie Hood, Ghillie Jacket, Ghillie Pants.

Ghillie Suit1.pngGhillie Suit2.png<<My examples. Example of what a real Ghillie Suit looks like>>GhillieSuit2.jpg

Update #1:
So I thought a lot after I posted this and came to the realization that Ghillie Suits used IRL are entirely based on the terrain they're used in whether it be the desert with a Desert Ghillie or the forest with a Forest Ghillie. Terraria is a fantasy game which means we can break the fact that when you use a Ghillie Suit IRL you have to change into different ones in different environments. So I present the Biome specific Ghillie Suit.
Terraria Ghillie Suit Forest.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Snow.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Desert.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Corruption.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Crimson.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Blue Dungeon.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Green Dungeon.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Pink Dungeon.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Glowing Mushroom.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Hallow.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Bee-Hive.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Granite.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Jungle Temple.png

Order L to R: Forest, Snow, Desert, Corruption, Crimson, Blue/Green/Pink Dungeon, Glowing Mushroom, Hallow, Bee Hive, Granite, Jungle Temple

The hardest biomes to do were Marble, Jungle, Meteorite, Spider Cave, and Underworld in that order...
I tried taking all of the colors from pictures of the original Terraria biomes themselves however in some cases the colors just didn't look right at all and needed tweaking. Marble is a great example of this happening, the far left marble is taken directly from a picture of a Terraria marble cave however it looks too dark almost like stone... Thus I had to lighten it up a bit and even then it still doesn't work very well. I'm still a novice at pixel art after all!!
Terraria Ghillie Suit Marble.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Marble2.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Marble3.png

When I first attempted to do the jungle once again I pulled the colors directly from jungle grass/trees and it ended up being too bright as you can see with the one on the left... Afterwards I realized that mud is a core block in the jungle so I sampled only from it and thus we have the "new" Jungle Ghillie.
Terraria Ghillie Suit Jungle1.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Jungle2.png

Meteorite was another pain due to the fact that it has a "reflective" effect in-game. Since I'm still a pixel-art amateur this was especially difficult to replicate so I first tried adding in orange "sparks" and well it looks terrible haha. Afterwards I removed the orange sparks because they don't look great. This is definitely a Ghillie where a real pixel-art pro could help me out a ton on.
Terraria Ghillie Suit Meteorite2.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Meteorite1.png

I think I made Spider Cave more difficult than it needed to be.... I originally wanted to incorporate the "Spiders" of the cave into the design so that's what the left design is.... Afterwards I figured I should do a Spider Cave Background version and it ends up clashing with the players skin a lot which is why I later decide to do the goggle design.
Terraria Ghillie Suit Spider Cave1.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Spider Cave2.png

When I first tried doing underworld I tried incorporating ash and lava together... It doesn't work. Therefore I just went with ash.
Terraria Ghillie Suit Underworld.png

Since I decided to keep Lava separate I decided I needed to do a custom skin for liquids water, lava, and honey by themselves. The theory is anytime you're in lava, water, or honey it will override the current biome you're in and change you to lava, water, or honey.
Terraria Ghillie Suit Lava.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Water.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Honey.png

After all of this hard work I realized that the skin showing really breaks the camouflage and the "goggled version" would work better most likely. So I used the best versions of each biome and created all of these!!
Terraria Ghillie Suit Forest Goggled.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Snow Goggled.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Desert Goggled.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Corruption Goggled.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Crimson Goggled.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Blue Dungeon Goggled.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Green Dungeon Goggled.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Pink Dungeon Goggled.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Glowing Mushroom Goggled.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Hallow Goggled.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Bee-Hive Goggled.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Granite Goggled.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Jungle Temple Goggled.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Marble Goggled.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Jungle Goggled.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Meteorite Goggled.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Spider Cave Goggled.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Spider Cave2 Goggled.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Underworld Goggled.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Lava Goggled.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Water Goggled.png
Terraria Ghillie Suit Honey Goggled.png
Order L to R: Forest, Snow, Desert, Corruption, Crimson, Blue/Green/Pink Dungeon, Glowing Mushroom, Hallow, Bee Hive, Granite, Jungle Temple, Marble, Jungle, Meteorite, Spider Cave, Underworld, Lava, Water, Honey.

In the end I still couldn't decide on which Spider Ghillie to use... The "background" one definitely has better camo but the original still looks pretty good IMO.

PS: I'm still too much of a noob to give a real-time example of the transition from one biome to the next but if I could I would've definitely shown it.

TLDR: I learned a ton about pixel-art and have mad respect for people who do this as their job... It requires a lot of patience and creativity. I wish I could do better than this but I feel like this is my best shot giving an example of the "Biome specific Ghillie Suit". Also if anyone is wondering I think it would be fitting if the in-game rarity for the "Ghillie Suit" is
Terraria Rainbow Rarity.gif

Last edited:
TerrariaChallange.png

A very blurry image of my suggestion. I'm not an artist (Clearly) But I wanted to maybe have something in the game! Its a dinosaur, well a Tyrannosaurus rex. I've made the scales a red colour to pay tribute to the Tyrannosaur in the novel, Jurassic Park, which I've recently started reading. I know this looks much like the fossil armour set, but this one's a pajama vanity set. The feet would be the claws, the mid and tail section would be the chest plate, and the head would be the head. I love Terraria and me and my dad are exited to play Journey's End so we can have another Terraria server together. Hope you like it, but you probably wont because it looks bad...

I call it Psychic's Cape, inspired by the cape worn by Tetsuo from AKIRA. It would be sold by the travelling merchant, a fine addition to his many capes up for sale. This cape would be for the people who want to be a god but don't have to look.

psyhchic's cape.png

Not to sure if this is against the rules but its a solid Idea.

I called mine Galaxy Gear which consist of:

Head - that being of a galaxy that's around your head.
Torso - which is a spacey sky consisting of yellow stars and while being a shirt kind of is also flowy like a cape/coat. (It also has a hood that's mostly aesthetic and not truly functional.
Leg - blackish color that looks more like space with blue stars

Attachments

• Galaxy Gear - bigger.png
    Galaxy Gear - bigger.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 120
The Hidden Cloak, drops from any mob (not slimes) in pre hardmode comes in multiple colors and if all are combined using a crafting bench then the colors change every few seconds in a rainbow

Attachments

• TTT.png
    TTT.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 127
Wow! Such Voxel! Pretty Graphics!

I propose a dog(e) riding the cloud to the contest.

Here is piece sets and their alternatives.

(Sorry for the bad background quality, Photoshop doesn't like up-scaling too much)

Mask

mask.png

Chestpiece with 2 variants
1. 2.

chest without tail.png
chess.png

You might be asking ''Why 2 pieces? ''

- Well if there is going to be a vanity set bonus then first one is better but achieving tail without set bonus is only possible with second one

Leggings

leg.png

It will be using same system as Djinn's Curse where you will be hovering instead of walking or sprinting.

And finally

Complete set with possible set bonuses (if possible)

full set bonus.png
fullset with tail.png
full set without anything.png

1. With both pawn and tail 2.Only tail 3.Without both pawn and tail

Possible set bonus (My Dream) When worn with second legging When worn with first legging

Attachments

• mask.png
    mask.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 146
  • 1584144999414.png
    1584144999414.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 112
  • chest without tail.png
    chest without tail.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 129
TerrariaMan_butlarge.png
So basically, terraria guy - I took some colours from the official terraria logo and tried to fit in into the terraria man, to represent.. terraria! Everytime I see the logo I just think of the time when I created a steam account back in 2013 only to buy terraria and not understand anything of it. Just great memories overall. :)
(And in case, I doubt that you won't get the permission to use this kind of game-reference)

Last edited:
Well, to start, I would like to say that I am using the Google translator to switch from my language (Portuguese - Brazil) to English, so if something is a little wrong, you already know why.
This one in the picture is Esor, a character created by me when I started my Graffite course, about a year and a half ago, and since I did that, I kind of fell in love with redesigning it, always adding more features to it , and it has changed a lot since its original version, I like to say that the other version is the brother, because they are similar in the idea, but not in the appearance itself.
He lives in a more retro futuristic world (yes, I like to create a story for my character), but this topic is not to talk about it; going straight to the point now, Resources:
IMG_20200313_194528585.jpgIMG_20200313_194528585.jpgIMG_20200313_194528585.jpg
-He wears a mask that reflects the space;
-Use a Castiel type overcoat, but white with black details;
under a dress;
- he wears a rose in his pocket, given by someone;
-he wears the collar of his high shirt;
Well, that's it ... I hope to see him in the game, just as I hope he will be a great Graffite someday, maybe even a new cartoon or movie, with a whole new universe, Marvel and DC so in need of a new rival ... (laughs)

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png it would look something like this ...

Attachments

• Terraria vanity Thingy.png
    Terraria vanity Thingy.png
    542 bytes · Views: 137
  • Esordpa.png
    Esordpa.png
    683.1 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom