Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have an actual set to submit but I feel like asymmetrical player renders would be nice. Maybe I want an eyepatch over one eye, or maybe different eye colors.

20200314_1510522.jpg

Mar Turquesa

The True Slime King.png

Set: The True Slime King
The wings on the boots are part of the vanity. No bonuses.
Could rarely drop from Rainbow, King, and Pinky Slimes (one piece type per slime that obviously represents them)
Optional Animation stuff:
The top could jiggle or change colors
The middle's tightening strings (or whatever they are called) could move back and forth
The bottom could have the wings flap (still no actual effects)

Last edited:
My entry for the contest, Made with Pixilart. Apologies if the image apears small.Terraria_Contest(2).png
It's inspired by the classic alien B movies. The concept name is "B Movie Alien" though you can change it how you like.

Last edited:
I've always been interested in the Roman empire, and I'm a little disappointed that there isn't already a Roman style vanity set in the game. This is a simple Roman citizen in a toga. There's also a vine in his hair. I think this would be a great addition to the game. If you do decide to add it, I would suggest having the set be crafted instead of dropped by an enemy. Below is some concept art of what the set could look like.
A8WzqsS.png

terraria-armor-contest-submission.gif

Through 5 hours of drawing it, I had three names for this costume in mind:
- Enlightened Armor (pun)
- Candelabra Outfit (as the helmet is a modified golden chandelier, and overall set reminds a candelabra from Beauty and the Beast)
- Night's Bane (Light's Bane sword pun)
(I'm not sure if I'm eligible to include my nickname in the set's name, but I'd be forever honored)

The set:
- helmet is a modified Gold Chandelier (the original is first on the second row, I applied a more shiny palette from Gold Crown item)
- breastplate has a big candle in the middle; actually it's kind of illusion, either the candle is inside of character (like in a tree hollow), or outside, interpret it as you like; note that the breastplate spans two pixels down more than usual
- legs: although the set is overwhelmed by fire, I had to make a distinction between standard gold leggings and mine, so there are flames on both heels.

UI icons
- helmet is straigth ingame helmet (i.e. modified Gold Chandelier)
- breastplate is a shinier Gold Chainmail with a candle in the middle
- legs are shinier Gold Greaves with flames on sides

I've tried diferent chandeliers as a helmet, but Gold one looks richy (like in good old patches, when it was the most beautiful lightsource in the game). But only when I finished and started drawing UI icons I realised that standard Golden Set looks really similar, and so MAY BE a platinum or silver palette may be applied for my set with the same chandelier theme.
I also tried different position of helmet on the head. The current version is 29 px high (possibly the highest armor in the game), but 1 px higher would be better as you can see a character's face better.

And I'm terrible at animating, but all flames are to be animated, BUT: ideally animated with different loops lengths, so all three set items wouldn't be in a full sync (it's fire after all, so it should look dynamic, not cyclic).

And yeah, glowmasks around the flames would be good (sad that you can't make my set the brightest costume at the party, but a little glow is fine too). The color is a gradient between shiny golden to flame orange (maybe not that reddish orange)

P.S. This is legit my 2nd day of drawing anything meaningful, especially in pixelart style. Aseprite is cool

EDIT: I've just seen this concept posted after me and I really like the flames from the chest, a similar would be a good addition for my set. I won't edit my submission nontheless. Also just noticed that arms of my set look boring, sorry for my poor pixelart imagination ;)

terraria-armor-contest-submission-static.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom