Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starcaller Suit

I made this vanity set to show my appreciation for the amazing space backgrounds in Terraria and my love for space in general. Blue is also my favorite color (Sorry Red ;), I at least made the eyes red haha!)

Anyway, I wanted the armor to look space-like and I think the antennas help with that a lot. (I suck with proportions so I have no idea if I could have made the second antenna stick out on the other side somehow ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) The shading can use some work as well, but hey! I am not a professional artist or anything. Hope you like it!

P.S, as you can probably tell I suck at describing things and such hehe, so sorry for the brief description. I hope the images will do the talking.
P.P.S, There would probably also be some stardust particles when you have the full set on lighting up the area around you.

Starcaller BG.png

Starcaller PNG.png

Last edited:
Clutch!

This character is based off of one of my friends that was over at my house on Saturday, I was playing Terraria when I checked the steam page to see the contest. I slapped this together, made a forum acc, and here I am.
(The friend in question gave me full permission to use this character.)

Special things:
The crown on this character will only appear when you have the full set of vanity on.
The crown spins and floats on top of this character's head and will move if you're running or jumping.
On death, your crown will land on your gravestone.

BONUS:
If you have this full set equipped and over 5 platinum coins in your inventory when you die your grave will be a big gold crown instead of the usual rich man's grave.

Tooltip: Yo! Look up Depressed Duo on the Tube!

Attachments

• ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
    ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Scan_20200315.png
    Scan_20200315.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 121
Terraria Contest (big).png
My submission is a Centaur set!

I made both male & female versions of the torso too, because of the toplessness for the male.
It took a bit of trial & error to squeeze a horse body into the small amount of usable space based on the sprites. lol Hopefully it can be animated easily! :' ) Centaurs don't always have horns, but I wanted to use the head slot & thought players could use them for tiefling-like characters too! : )

The image is separated into 4 sections: an example with placeholder sprites then an example without placeholder sprites, both for male, then the same for the female version.

I'm not sure how possible it is, but it would be nice to have the ear use the player-made skin tone & the tail use the player-made hair color. If not then take out the ear & make the tail black or something. And of course I intend the head piece to show hair. : P

I don't have walking or jumping animations because I wouldn't quite consider myself an animator by any stretch. Haha!

And here's an even bigger & clearer pic of the proposed centaur set! : )

Terraria Contest (example).png

(I linked the submission in its original size too, so that if it places the artists can use that instead of an upscaled version.)

*Edit: I've since noticed a couple other folks before me had Centaur designs too. I didn't go through the forums until after I designed & posted mine, I had no intentions of copying. My bad. :' D

**Edit 2: I've also come up with some possible item descriptions for the pieces!

Head: Centaur Horns - 'Tales say that only evil Centaurs have horns... What does that say about you?'
Body: Centaur Hide - 'Smells like a stable...'
Legs: Centaur Body - 'A horse torso to force your torso onto.'

Attachments

• Terraria Contest.png
    Terraria Contest.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
"Deserter" set. Based on both Star Wars and Jak 3.

*SET DESCRIPTION*
-Blue cloth covering legs.
-Shin guards with blue gems encrusted.
-A copper shoulder guard paired with a steel one.
-Breastplate has leather mail underneath.
-Brown gloves, cuz I mean... ya gotta.

Attachments

• Terraria_Competition_Submission.png
    Terraria_Competition_Submission.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 119
My submission, entitled "The Last Adventure" set. The green cap is the Head slot, the shirt + backpack is the Torso slot, and the pants/boots are the Leg slot. This outfit was inspired simply by my immense love for this game, something I will cherish all the way to the journey's end. The outfit also includes elements of classic Terraria, as the backpack has fitted to it a heart lantern and the Starfury sword.
terrariacontest.PNG

Terraria Sniper Set.png

I doubt Valve would care considering they are a money hungry, greedy company.
So this is my submission to the contest, pretty simple but it looks decent.
Anyway the set consists of :

Mundy's Hat & Goggles

Mundy's Shirt & Vest

Mundy's Pants

I call it the Black Knight Armor.
It’s pretty self explanatory, just a black knight. I like how it looks as I’ve always liked black knights.
Contact me on Instagram if I win: audenthebeast421
562EFA51-9AD4-4591-A597-987A16AD8557.jpeg

Attachments

• 683406D7-7EB6-480F-8AF8-B798A11FB2C6.jpeg
    683406D7-7EB6-480F-8AF8-B798A11FB2C6.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom