Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deadrift (1).png

OUhuhuuhu Nais Nais This was previous sprite i made for a game, Since it was made custom
it never made it into the game but the devs and staff approved and said it fitted the style.

So when i saw Terraria holding a vanity competition I clearly saw an opportunity to show skill and submit my artwork on the forums <3 <3 <3
Hope you guys like my vanity

*Initially i planned to have the robes fly behind the back. I.e when the character moved, it would show the character's armour set underneath and the robes would trail back.
But since (this would be considered a wing set I did not decide to add it in.*

These are my concepts for the for my custom sprite (below)

I had attempted to recreate the sprites in terraria (above)

Name : Dead's Mask (the Mask)
The Rift (Robes)

Drops: from Cult Members (Expertmode)

Both would be called Deadrift
DeadRT Smoother.gif
DeadRift Finished.png
DeadSpawn Final (1).png

Last edited:
sbeve.png

I call him sbeve. he is primarily a magic user and can be found in the underground parts of the hallow (the hat is what makes his face all dark) and upon death sbeve will either drop his hat or his robes but never both. His hat gives the user +40 mana and the robes give the user more mana from each kill with mana related weapons. I made it in ms paint lmao

99835AE8-0302-43FF-A68A-D04F30821F59.jpeg
3E15B6E7-4D76-4786-962B-A0EFB61C539B.jpeg

The Wapowah Vanity Set! The Wapowah Mask which is a blue fox mask. The Shirt Is a Normal Black shirt that has a “w” On it. And the circle is a spike. And finally the pants Which are also Black pants with the white spike sticking out of the leg. Also red shoes! It would be bought by Clothier if he lives in the hallow. Good luck to y’all participating in this contest!

Last edited:
This is my new vanity set idea, (the pixelart is only example how it COULD look like, i made it by myself)
-The idea of it is to make a "wild" character that is cybernetic too.
-My vanity set concept is a gray wolf with robotic parts of its body (as in the art i made, cybernetic hand with claws, and a steel leg and one mechanical eye, (the bandana is optional, but i think it can fit in it to give more contrast to this character!) the core idea is in cutting the character in half, half robotic-half fluffy).
-I hope you like this idea! Love <3
ConceptArt.gif(making this took me some time. I believe that is not that bad as it could be)

Last edited:

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!
Doge.png

I tryed to make a vanity set for the wyvern but I found out that im bad at pixel art.
I thought this set would look good with the wyvern kite blowing in the wind

img_202021614467.png

Found a refrence but im going to keep the first one aswell
img_2020216231034.png

Name: "Wyvern set"
Tooltip: "fluffy and elegant"

Side note the tail would be part of the legs wich I think is more accurate then having it on the body and could also lead to more custom costumes giving people more choices.

Last edited:
"AL-95" A suit designed by The Alton Empire with the intent of exploring hazardous environments.

Attachments

• The Alton AL-95.png
    The Alton AL-95.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 128
This is the elder druid (he's really not that old, but since his face is shrouded in mystery, you can't tell anyway). Like every other druid, he has sworn to protect the forest and the animals it houses. And like every other druid, he wears what he's supposed to protect. A hood with the head of an elk on top. Shoulderpads that are made out of two heads from an unidentified mammal. This is complimented by some slabs of fur and golden ornaments on his chest, hands and feet.

Cheer for the competition and good luck everyone!
Elder druid.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom