Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my entry. It's called the Sinister Mage set. I worked real hard on this one, so i hope you like it ☺

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-20 at 2.26.29 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-20 at 2.26.29 PM.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot 2020-03-20 at 2.26.06 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-20 at 2.26.06 PM.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 129
  • Screenshot 2020-03-20 at 2.25.39 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-20 at 2.25.39 PM.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot 2020-03-20 at 2.24.30 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-20 at 2.24.30 PM.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 144
  • sinister attire.gif
    sinister attire.gif
    593.1 KB · Views: 180
Umbral (detail Cpu).png here we have this special set I based off the solar eclipse's sun.
The orange and yellow parts have glow maps, and maybe dyes could change those colors.

Sunshade Vanity Set
Sunshade Hood
Sunshade Suit
Sunshade Leggings
"Dark means no light, so there's no protection"
edit: things can be changed in development, just let me know if I don't recognize it.

Last edited:
Fruity set:
Just a banana suit that makes squeaky sounds when walking...
here is my pic
also i do not care if you(devs) change anything
good luck and make a good pick!
edit: i have only realised that its hard to see the details on the suit so just look closely at this 'banana suit'
edit2: each piece has a 25% drop rate from plantera
Terraria contest entry.png

Last edited:
the name of the vanity made by me is "Hellblaze Knight" and its description could be "A living being whose skin is made of a bio-mineral, born from the very terror of hell", I am not very advanced in pixel art, so feel feel free to make improvements if you want (sorry for my bad English, I'm Brazilian)

Hellblaze_knight.png

pixil-frame-0 (7).png
This is my spacesuit vanity armor

the helmet is a silver classic space helmet from the 1960s moon landing. its description is "big and round like a fishbowl."

the chest plate is silver and smooth. its description is "perfect for space exploration and cosplay!"

the pants are bulky but smooth, they are silver like the rest of the outfit. its description is "its footprint is on the moon!"

Last edited:
This is my submission, the name I choose is Celestial depths.

Celestial-depths.jpg

Took me a while to draw :s

The armor pieces are quite clear, the hat goes in the head slot, the robe goes into the chest slot and the boots go into the leg slot.

The idea of the armor came from my love for space and from the floating islands that every world of Terraria has.

As you can see, from the colors of the Sunplate blocks I started drawing the hat (i covered the face just to make the design of the hat more understandable) and from the idea of the floating isles i added a little cloud on the hat (it should bounce a little while you walk). I added the Sun and the Moon on the shoulders because they can be seen clearly up there in space (they could be represented maybe with a fiery and a white sphere on the sprite).
Continuing down the starry night sky fade into a light blue and clear sky and the gold becomes green to represent the first trees you could see from descending.
Then we fall faster and faster to the surface (the grass as the green line onto the boots) and even deeper into the underground made of dirt and stone, ending in a hot and molten bottom.

Hope you'll like it!

I couldn't make a sprite of my own because i'm not very skilled in drawing them sorry :p

terrariaContest.png

This is the Disco Vanity set.
There are already items in the game such as the disco ball and the rainbow blocks, so why not add a fashionable set to go along with them.
The bottom part of the vanity are some stylish bell bottom pants. The bottom part of the legs could drag of flap as the player walks to possibly give the visual of bell bottoms. The torso is a glittery V-neck that sparkles as you walk. The top part is a sweatband that will collect all that nasty sweat and stop it from going into your eyes, or maybe you'd prefer some slick shades to show how cool you are. This will truly allow you to become a dancing queen.

Last edited:
For my submission, the set would look just like this:

For a better in-game look, here is the full set next to a target dummy.

IMG_6097.jpeg

My submission, if not already apparent, is the Invisible set. While it isn’t the most creative set design-wise, I think that this set will get it’s creativity from players mixing it with other pieces of armour and accessories. This would give players much more options when building their character’s appearance. Floating head? Easy. A shield with legs and wings? Simple. The possibilities this set could create are endless, just like Terraria as a game. The creativity comes from each individual player.

I was torn between designing a interesting-looking set for myself, and this idea, but I figured that this set would benefit other players so much more than any personal design.

So how would it work, considering how different it would be?

These pieces of vanity armour would work just like how invisibility potions + familiar set pieces did before the potion effect was changed. It would make the area where it would be equipped invisible, like it isn’t there, while leaving accessories and such still visible.

“If invisibility potions exist, what is the point of this set???”

This set is permanently invisible, and more importantly it allows you to selectively make certain parts of your character invisible. This set obviously wouldn’t give any benefit the invisibility potion would. It also leaves other things such as accessories and mounts visible.

Another use could be to use it in conjunction with armour stands, making parts of the armour stand invisible. This could create many new possibilities that builders could use in their builds.

How would you obtain it ingame?

I was imagining as an easy way to get it, you could buy it from the clothier after defeating the martians, perhaps as a reference to cloaking devices. This would however make the set unavailable until much later in the game. Another, perhaps more unique way of obtaining it, would be that if you were under the effects of an invisibility potion it would become available for purchase from the clothier.

Other details

Head Piece

Name: Invisible Hat

Tooltip: “Your head doesn’t exist, like the country of Finland!”

Chest Piece

Name: Invisible Shirt

Tooltip: “Your torso doesn’t exist, like the country of Finland!”

Leg Piece

Name: Invisible Pants

Tooltip: “Your legs don’t exist, like the country of Finland!”

Also for multiplayer and PVP, maybe make it so that if you are wearing all three pieces that it appears to other players that you are wearing the familiar set, to avoid giving players free invisibility in PVP.

If terraria PVP needs to be actually balanced lol:naughty:

I have been playing Terraria since it came out on console and never regretted an hour of playing this amazing game. I hope that the time I spent working on this will be worth it.
1584740578901.png

This is the crystal vanity set.
It shines in the sun or moon in a specific color and is very reflective when exposed to light.
It includes the Crystal Crown, Crystal Shirt, and Crystal Leggings.
Enjoy!!!

Ok so I know this is extremely rough looking but that's cause I'm terrible at drawing with computer and I don't have a photo-copy machine, so bear with me

Something that I've always wanted to be besides a fox in game is a lizard shaped armor thing , I know dragon armor exist but the opening in the front kinda throws me off , I was thinking a closed off design , I call it kobold armor since it has no wings and to keep people from getting is confused with dragon armor, although I think Kobold hat shirt and pants would work better
Terraria vanity.png

1584742569677.png

I made this samurai armor set pixel art, I hope the devs will like it <3
Sets: Samurai's helmet
Samurai's Armour
Samurai's Leggings

Edit: the armor should look more metallic and sharp, I wish the devs can do it since I am really bad at pixel art

P.S. I think it will look great with the katana sold by traveling merchant

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom