Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
His name is hollow and I'm sorry if it's not good enough to design.
15865491111495616930925294064378.jpg

Here is my Submission. I call it the phantom. I'm pretty sure this won't win but it was fun to make. I'm not the greatest artist but if this does win then it has a 0.01% chance of dropping from wraiths in expert mode. Once the full set is equipped, the user gets a 20% speed boost and a grey trail along with night vision. Although this is only if you don't equip it in the vanity section. This means that you won't get any defense benefits from this vanity item. :p
2020-04-10 (2).png

This was pretty hard to make and took a few hours to settle on this design

Enforcer (1).gif

“The Enforcer” Vanity Set

Headpiece - “The principle” - a dark blue helmet with a yellow visor.

Torso piece - “Galaxy Chestplate” - a chestplate with the color being the galaxy (is that a color? Probably not). The top of the chestplate has a brown piece of cloth, and on top of that cloth, there are blue-green crystals that have a pulsating animation.

Legging piece - “Galaxy Leggings” - leggings that are the galaxy color (same as the chestplate). The galaxy colors on these leggings are a bit darker than the chestplate. The tips of the shoes are yellow with purple surrounding them.

Quote for headpiece: “Worlds most feared helmet”
Quote for torso piece: “Comes with toxic crystals”
Quote for legging piece: “You might have trouble putting them on”

Animations:
-Normal Terraria animations
-Chestplate crystals are pulsating

How to obtain:
Either:
  1. Awarded when getting the “Champion of Terraria” achievement (all parts of the set awarded).
  2. Each part of the set have a chance to be awarded when killing the Lunar event pillars (either the solar, vortex, nebula or stardust pillars)
  3. Or some other way, I don’t really care (I would just preferably like it to be awarded closer to the end of the game)
The enforcer set is a representation of what the player becomes at the end of their journey. They become an enforcer of peace, an enforcer of justice, and an enforcer of evil. I made this set to try to symbolize this. It’s nice to know that this journey has been going on for so long, but I think it’s about time to have the Journey’s End. Thank you Terraria developers for making this such an incredible journey for not only me, but for the game itself.

forgotten vanity.png

The Forgotten set:
Tyrannical Topper
Prehistoric Fossil Cloak
Triassic Trousers

Enjoy exploring a Terraria world with my old royal attire! As overlord to the Dinosaur realm I am constantly out growing my wardrobe, and thought that the Terrarians would love to have a touch of ancient fashion to their closets! Using Dinosaur magic, me and my followers have converted my first outfit to fit you guys comfortably. "How will I obtain these royal garments?" I hear you asking, well I hope Terraria's Dryad will accept these clothes to sell to you guys. But they can only be sold on the Blood Moon. That was my deal I made, so it may not happen or it will, only time will tell!

Love,
MiniMissile

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!

“The Eye Within”

(the eye moves in the direction of your cursor. Also, there will be particles when you move.)
004B7E5F-3A0F-4ECE-9EB9-22E99697F736.jpeg

Attachments

• 88B097D1-6EE3-4934-87FF-7032584362BA.jpeg
    88B097D1-6EE3-4934-87FF-7032584362BA.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 86
I know im not gonna win, i never won anything so...its pointless but i'll give it a shot anyway

I am not the Author of the game it belongs to but i would love this set in-game

Chara and Enraged Chara

Normal chara's description: *Youre filled with Determination

Enraged Chara's description: *D E T E R M I N A T I O N

YES, Enraged Chara IS APPROPRIATE if you're thinking the opposite, the thing from the eyes and mouth is just black unknown liquid(Yes ,she is kinda a horror CHARActer[hope the pun won't affect my chances to be accepted, not that i will, i already know that])
Chara(This one should drop by blood zombies during the blood moon and has a 0.5% chance to drop)

2020-04-10_22.45.27.png

Enraged Chara(dropped during the Eclipse event in the CRIMSON biome and has a 0.2% chance to be dropped, the mob doesnt matter):

2020-04-10_22.45.35.png

Consept.png
This is my submission the head gear is a tiara piece with wings and a rainbow unicorn horn, the body gear is a high collar coat and wings on the sholders with button up under shirt and pants, and the boots are pick glittery boots with wings!

synthwave concept.jpg

A synthwave inspired set with magenta glowmasks!
I have also put together a mock-up of the sprite, not ideal, but decent enough to showcase the general idea.
Not sure if that's possible to pull off, but RGB gamer mode shifting hue/dye affecting the color of the glowmasks could be a cool touch!

Of course, regular magenta works just fine, too!
animated concept.gif
sprite.gif

The weapon in his hand is based off the Vortex Beater, although isn't super accurate to the pixel art!

For the vanity contest i'm submitting The Protagonist™ Set. Reward for the nth fishing quest.

I made this set as a wink at overused yet deadly effective anime tropes.

My main reason for choosing this kind of submission is because the outfit is incredibly versatile. It is very customisable and you can add a lot of accessories to make it personalised.
Another reason for submitting this outfit is because of the huge disaparity in typically female vs typically male vanity outfits, a significant amount of actual feminine sets are variants of each other (3 princess dresses and 2 wedding dresses, 2 santa claus outfits, you get the idea). I think Terraria can and should really improve here, as i see concurrents being much more progressive on the matter. Being the shallow person who cares a lot about aesthetics that I am, those little marketing tricks do work on easily influenced people like me as selling points.
Regardless of this submission making the cut, i really do hope to see more female sets ingame for this last update. There are a lot of contestants with similar ideas (magic girls and the like) which shows me there is a demand.
1586552268068.jpeg

1586554172896.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom