Biomes & Nature Jungle Saved!

Do you want the jungle to be protected?

• Yes! I only want my jungle to be protected from the corruption, none of that cross-biome nonsense.

Votes: 1,185 58.8%
  • Yes! I want the jungle to fuse with the spirits of light and dark. (Comment on what you want added.)

Votes: 628 31.2%
  • No! I love watching the jungle wither away to become a corrupt wasteland that can never be restored.

Votes: 68 3.4%
  • Uh… I don’t really care… Am I supposed to?

Votes: 135 6.7%

• Total voters
Our sprite artists are pretty talented, I'm pretty sure they could figure something out. And if not, then we could just recolor existing jungle sprites like how the ice biome does.
Lol I think I like my jungle as it is. Good luck getting sprites for that xD

here's something i don't think anyone thought of: chlorophyte ore spawns randomly in the underground jungle and spreads, replacing mud blocks. then, once it's mined, more chlorophyte will spawn and, eventually, wipe out all the mud in the underground jungle.

here's something i don't think anyone thought of: chlorophyte ore spawns randomly in the underground jungle and spreads, replacing mud blocks. then, once it's mined, more chlorophyte will spawn and, eventually, wipe out all the mud in the underground jungle.
Eventually, but that would require the player to mine thousands of chlorophyte ore since it stops growing once there's a enough on-screen.

This would be very useful in scenarios like mine. I once had the Crimson sprout up on both side and in the jungle! No jungle at all!

I don't like how the corruption/crimson tends to spawn directly on top of my jungle during world generation. On the other side, it's a nice touch that by killing WoF you change your world forever. It becomes a battlefield for bizzare forces of light and dark, and there have to be casualties...

But hey, Terraria is meant to include terra-forming! You can dig out tunnels surrounding the jungle (or at least part of it). hallow/corruption kernels don't spawn in the jungle when you smash demon altars afaik.
It would be a good idea if there was dark green solution changing stuff into jungle, simple as that.

I don't like how the corruption/crimson tends to spawn directly on top of my jungle during world generation. On the other side, it's a nice touch that by killing WoF you change your world forever. It becomes a battlefield for bizzare forces of light and dark, and there have to be casualties...

But hey, Terraria is meant to include terra-forming! You can dig out tunnels surrounding the jungle (or at least part of it). hallow/corruption kernels don't spawn in the jungle when you smash demon altars afaik.
It would be a good idea if there was dark green solution changing stuff into jungle, simple as that.
You Can Completely Get Rid Of Corruption By Digging Hellavators 120 Blocks Apart All Over The World And Spraying Green Solution

Last edited:
But... Terraria is meant to be a weird game where logic doesn't exist... there are too many examples where Terraria can make a player ask WTF for me to list them all...
Sorry.... cant help it. Terraria isn't supposed to follow rules of logic, yet ReLogic helped make it. XD LOGIC!
But seriously, I think strait up protection would be better. The hardcore jungle is hard enough without infusing it with spirits of light and dark. Plus that would also make it easier to halt the spread of the corruption and crimson. just make a barrier of mud.
[DOUBLEPOST=1432220997,1432220888][/DOUBLEPOST]
The entire world wouldn't be corrupted, the hallow would also be able to convert the jungle, so if anything it would be closer to half corrupt and half hallow. Although I guess the hallow isn't really much better than the corruption...
I prefer the hallow to the corruption/crimson. there are more or less only a small handful baddies to worry about. Pixies, Unicorns, Gastropods, and the occasional Rainbow Slime. And all of them are easy to deal with.
[DOUBLEPOST=1432221129][/DOUBLEPOST]
NOOOOO. i Love thee annoyingly strong turtles!
lolz
[DOUBLEPOST=1432221294][/DOUBLEPOST]

if you use green solution on mud you get jungle grass. No need for a dark green solution. (blue solution on mud gives mushroom grass. :)

Really? So you put in all that double post crap? Use the edit button.

Also using the solution on mud to get the jungle wasn't what the person was proposing.
Calm down and read. I commented on multiple things, and if u comment multiple times at once, it automatically merges them.

Calm down and read. I commented on multiple things, and if u comment multiple times at once, it automatically merges them.
Double posting is against the rules if I recall correctly, you are supposed to put it all in one post. How about you read. It does put it all in one post but if I recall correctly it also repeatedly brings it to the top of the thread list.

This is getting off topic.

Double posting is against the rules if I recall correctly, you are supposed to put it all in one post. How about you read. It does put it all in one post but if I recall correctly it also repeatedly brings it to the top of the thread list.

This is getting off topic.
Alright, than my apologies. Its done, let's drop it. If I was breaking rules than it wasn't my intention. Let's let it be done

First of all, you cant transform mud into jungle. And you cant transform dirt into anything. The only way to convert sth into jungle is by using green solution on glowing mushroom grass. And the only way to convert sth into glowing mushroom is by using dark blue on jungle. You see my point.

First of all, you cant transform mud into jungle. And you cant transform dirt into anything. The only way to convert sth into jungle is by using green solution on glowing mushroom grass. And the only way to convert sth into glowing mushroom is by using dark blue on jungle. You see my point.
You're right, sorry. I got confused by something I once did on a single player world. I wanted a mushroom biome above ground for the Truffle, so I got some blue solution, sprayed some mud to make blue grass, then sprayed it into jungle grass and waited for a tree to grow. Than I sprayed it blue again (which turned the jungle trees into mushroom trees, which is what I was after) and I had a mushroom place. So blue on raw mud made mushroom grass, than green solution turned it into jungle grass.

Last edited:
Really? So you put in all that double post crap? Use the edit button.

Also using the solution on mud to get the jungle wasn't what the person was proposing.

Oh, I get it now! [facepalm followed by five minutes of bashing my head into a wall] You mean a solution that turns all blocks it touches (or maybe just dirt) into mud with jungle grass growing on it. My bad.

Back
Top Bottom