Working as Designed Lag Spikes near Manikins?

Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 8/8.1
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Controller (please specify type)
Not 100% sure, but I seem to get noticeable lag spikes whenever I'm near Manikins, especially when they have items stored in them. 🤔🍹
It could honestly be a number of things, so I'm sharing a screenshot of my World, so you have an idea of what the issue might be if trying to duplicate.

20200618234829_1.jpg

Again, thanks for your time & all of your hard work! -Toxophilite [East]

Haven't hurt of this issue, could it possibly be you have too many mannequins on the screen at once? Try removing a row or two of them to see if this is the issue.

Haven't hurt of this issue, could it possibly be you have too many mannequins on the screen at once? Try removing a row or two of them to see if this is the issue.
I personally don't mind the issue, but I also have the luxury of a high-end PC. If chests & Manikins are causing this problem, I could easily see it being detrimental to the performance power of a person playing with a lower-end PC, when something like a Blood Moon or Eclipse happens. 🤔🍹 Keep in mind also that, placing items in chests is a natural part of game progression.

If this is to be expected, then it's not really a problem, for me personally. If it's an optimization issue though, it may just cause other issues in the long run.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I have this problem. My main world has about 40 Mannequins grouped into one spot, and the game lags hard when it loads them for the first time.

This is likely why players on the same team as you no longer display information over 2000ft (default, can be changed) because loading even a few characters' faces with a helmet on makes some lag. (there are also other reasons, but that's one of them.)

This is actually to be expected. Mannequins are relatively performance-impacting, and always have been, especially when you have lots of them wearing entirely different outfits. The more mannequins, the more of an impact, especially the first time you approach them within a play session.

Back
Top Bottom