tModLoader Large World Enabler

So, I figured I should let ya know that this mod in particular had given me quite a few issues. It was the main cause of the various sound related errors when loading big mods like calamity and whatnot, and I found that with v0.10.0.2 of the modloader I literally could not generate a world whether with terracustom or even a simple medium sized world in terraria itself without an out of memory crash.

Then again it might not be the mod, but all of the issues I've had when launching modded terraraia have up and vanished after disabling this mod. That and load times have significantly increased for me too, it doesnt take 2-5 minutes for each big mod to load anymore.

I've literally no other programs running, and I have 12GB of ram within my system...

I do understand the memory limit since its a 32 bit program, and I was able to use your mod back in v0.9, but as it stands it seems I'm better off without it at the moment.

I don't understand how to load the world. Whenever I use TerraCustom to get it open, all it says is Small/Medium/Large, Keep Previous Size, and Autosave Config. How do I get the option to create massive worlds?

do i need to have the mod installed after world creation to use and enter the world? my friend kind of has a fobia for mdos and i don think he wants to install more mods then needed n stuff...

Wouldn't it be possible to add multiple temples/dungeons or even oceans what may be in the middle of the map to the bigger sized world?

Could this mod ever be made into a standalone mod? I would prefer this as I wouldn't have to switch between tmodloader and vanilla constantly. Also, have you made any efforts to fix the issues with the map that this enabler causes?

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be possible to add multiple temples/dungeons or even oceans what may be in the middle of the map to the bigger sized world?
You can some of that with world gen previewer or terra custom, but anything is possible. The point of this mod, however, is only to enable the extra area.

Could this mod ever be made into a standalone mod? I would prefer this as I wouldn't have to switch between tmodloader and vanilla constantly. Also, have you made any efforts to fix the issues with the map that this enabler causes?
Someone could, but I don't want another thing to maintain. I see no reason to do a standalone version. The in game map I can probably fix in the next tModLoader release if I get to it.

@jopojelly Glad to hear that you can fix the map issue. When the map is fixed, will it scale properly, even to the largest world size possible with this mod?(16800x4800 blocks) Also, how would one create a standalone version of this mod? I'd be willing to give it a try if you don't want to do it.

@jopojelly Glad to hear that you can fix the map issue. When the map is fixed, will it scale properly, even to the largest world size possible with this mod?(16800x4800 blocks) Also, how would one create a standalone version of this mod? I'd be willing to give it a try if you don't want to do it.
You would recompile Terraria.exe with the changes from this mod already in place. It's not hard, just changing a few numbers, it's just annoying to maintain and update. It would probably be easier to do this with one of those Patchers (terraria tweaker, terra patcher), they could patch the vanilla exe with the numbers and it would simply be another one of the patch options.

@jopojelly So, where would I get these numbers from? I'd be more than willing to do this, and I would probably just use Terra patcher to create a standalone version of this excellent mod, and then send the link to you so you can post it on the main thread page.

@jopojelly So, where would I get these numbers from? I'd be more than willing to do this, and I would probably just use Terra patcher to create a standalone version of this excellent mod, and then send the link to you so you can post it on the main thread page.
Well, the source:
https://github.com/JavidPack/LargeWorldEnabler/blob/master/LargeWorldEnabler.cs#L25

afaik, changing
Main.maxTilesX = 16800;
Main.maxTilesY = 4800;
Main.mapTargetX = 10;
Main.mapTargetY = 4;
via patching should be sufficient.

@jopojelly Where would I find these values in Vanilla Terraria? And would I just add this to Terra Patcher or something, and then be able to post the link so that you could post it on the original thread? Would it just be possible to patch this into flat out vanilla? With no external programs?

Last edited:
@jopojelly Where would I find these values in Vanilla Terraria? And would I just add this to Terra Patcher or something, and then be able to post the link so that you could post it on the original thread? Would it just be possible to patch this into flat out vanilla? With no external programs?
All in Main.cs. I don't know anything about patching, it would be good to ask in those terraria patcher threads (I think there are 2 or 3 different ones that people use) and see if they can do it. And the point of those patchers is they patch into vanilla.

@jopojelly So, I messaged the creator of Terraria Tweaker 2 about adding in the large world enabler into his program, but this is what he has to say about the matter.
Turns out things are quite a bit more complex than the basic manipulation from jopojelly's source. My guess is that his mod is working in tandem with some unknown (to me) tModLoader functionality to produce the end result. I'm shelving your suggestion for now until something becomes clearer, sorry m8. Free time is a rare species of time these days.
Is there a solution to what he is saying?

Back
Top Bottom