Game Mechanics Larger Chests

Do you think we need larger chests?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JakeZz

Steampunker
I bet many people have already said about this, but I'm still going to say it. We need larger chests in Terraria. Thats it. I'm out.

The size of chests is enaugh, i think. If you having trouble to stock your stuff, then make a "chestroom" for all your stuff. In fact, with a Piggybank and Safe, the inventory of players is also enaugh to have required stuff. Sorry friend, no support.

The chest room is doubled since like 1.1 or 1.2, and I don't think we need anymore than that. It's as big as the inventory minus the hotbar.

Not to mention adding more can break the UI in some of the smaller screens.

This is not minecraft where there are only a few items that are mostly stackable this is terraria with several diffirent unstackable items

This is not minecraft where there are only a few items that are mostly stackable this is terraria with several diffirent unstackable items
Why not make more chests? And I don't see the point of keeping armor and weapons (aka unstackable) when you no longer need them.

A difference of opinion?
Yes, it's my thought about this. After all, this entire section is for people to post their idea and see other people's opinion. Other people may find this good for them, I find this redundant.

Redundant as it may be, having a gold chest be functionally identical to a wooden chest seems like a waste of potential. A Gold Chest with an additional row or two of space, and a Shadow Chest with even more increased space, could be a nice addition.

I'd like an extra row of space in chests!

Chests currently hold 40 items. I am a collector; I try to get one of everything and keep it all in one named chest. The problem is that many groups of items total to 41-50, so I need a second chest to hold the overflow. If chests held 50 items, I wouldn't have a problem anymore. :)

But I don't think the Safe or Piggy Bank size should be increased.

I want it. There's nothing game-breaking about a bigger inventory or chest space. Starbound has amazingly large storage, and I don't see anyone complaining.

I don't see the need of having bigger chests if I can also just make one next to it, I've no complaints about the size, it's big enough for me and fits with the inventory.

Building variety?
At the moment I'm thinking that he suggests that chests gets more slot size, and that their own size remains the same.
if the chest itself get bigger too, then I guess it's an option for building variety, but I'll rather prefer using multiple chests.

I suppose it would make sense to expand by one row as then they would match the inventory exactly, but IMO it's not really needed.

I think the fact that chests are the same size as the toolbar-not-included character inventory is a perfect match. If anything, I'd advocate another Personal Character Inventory item to supplement the Piggybank and Safe. A 4-tall, 2-wide Locker item would be nice. As Terraria adds more items and tools, I find myself wanting to have more of them readily available to me when I world-hop. (I strip-mine worlds for finite materials now and then. Extra inter-world storage would be handy, both for tool storage as well as transferring items/resources.)

Then again, I would also like to be able to open 2 chests at once for item management. (I'm a hoarder and collector. I also like having alternate load-outs.)

Back
Top Bottom