Weapons & Equip Lazer back-pack

It's not a terrible idea, some extra damage wouldn't be bad to have as an addition to wings.
I believe what the others were trying to get at is that you should expand upon your idea more before posting it. Some did hint at this, but were criticizing your idea at the same time.

I suggest coming up with the idea on Notepad or something, and see how it sounds when read all together. If it's confusing, try organizing your post with bullet points or spaces, so it's easier to see, Here, let me do that for you:

Lazer Backpack
The Laser Backpack constantly shoots at nearby enemies, similar to the Chlorophyte Armor's crystal. Lasers are fired from the player's position at a rapid pace, dealing [X] damage.
+Accessory
+Can be crafted with Steampunk Wings for flight and constant shooting
-Takes up an accessory slot until you can obtain Steampunk Wings
Crafted with:
  • Hallowed Bars
  • 15 Souls of Night & Light
  • 10 Souls of Sight, Fight, and Might
  • Wire
  • Laser power-cells (dropped by all enemies in the martian invasions)

It's not a terrible idea, some extra damage wouldn't be bad to have as an addition to wings.
I believe what the others were trying to get at is that you should expand upon your idea more before posting it. Some did hint at this, but were criticizing your idea at the same time.

I suggest coming up with the idea on Notepad or something, and see how it sounds when read all together. If it's confusing, try organizing your post with bullet points or spaces, so it's easier to see, Here, let me do that for you:

Lazer Backpack
The Laser Backpack constantly shoots at nearby enemies, similar to the Chlorophyte Armor's crystal. Lasers are fired from the player's position at a rapid pace, dealing [X] damage.
+Accessory
+Can be crafted with Steampunk Wings for flight and constant shooting
-Takes up an accessory slot until you can obtain Steampunk Wings
Crafted with:
  • Hallowed Bars
  • 15 Souls of Night & Light
  • 10 Souls of Sight, Fight, and Might
  • Wire
  • Laser power-cells (dropped by all enemies in the martian invasions)
I'm not sure how to put in bullet points

Here, this should help:

Attachments

• help.png
    help.png
    141.2 KB · Views: 118
-Lazer power-cell
First off, it's spelled Laser, not Lazer. Secondly, what other purposes does this item serve other than making this Laser Backpack? Pretty much everything else in the game has more than one use if it can be used as a material at all. Why would this only have one purpose? If it could be changed, then I'd say make it a Lihzahrd Power Cell, and scale the damage accordingly for the tier at which you obtain it.
-Hallowed bars
-wires
How many Hallowed Bars and Wires? Suggestions don't just mention what is in the recipe without actually telling you how much of that particular item is in the recipe.
-15 souls of might, sight and fright
It seems odd to use 15 of the Mech Boss souls as opposed to the normal 20 that items crafted with them use, but all right.
+Reserves minion slot (-) in exchange for accessory slot,
What does that mean? Does it mean that, in exchange for an accessory slot, the player gets an additional Minion Slot? Does it mean the exact opposite, where the player gets an additional Accessory slot in exchange for a Minion slot? You need to specify.
+No ammo or Mana necessary
+Fully automated
So you're telling me that an item that apparently damages enemies (You never actually give us any sort of damage estimate) when you pass by them does not require any ammo or mana, and does this entirely without any sort of player input? If this is a relatively low amount of damage, such as ~50-75, then this would be pretty balanced, at least for the point of the game at which you get it. However, anything upwards of ~200 would be a bit too much, even if it's endgame.

Also, how often does it attack enemies that the item does not kill automatically in one hit? Every second, or more?

I agree with the guy above, and can you get some sprites for the Laser backpack, the LAser power-Cell, and the combination thing? Thank you if you do so.

What does that mean? Does it mean that, in exchange for an accessory slot, the player gets an additional Minion Slot?
No. Its like a minion but goes in a accessory slot so your keeping a minion slot but using the accessory slot
what other purposes does this item serve other than making this Laser Backpack?
If it is added the developers can decide that secondly, you ask too many questions. jk, jk.
How many Hallowed Bars and Wires? Suggestions don't just mention what is in the recipe without actually telling you how much of that particular item is in the recipe.
Again if its added the developers decide its not that important but it should be reasonable
So you're telling me that an item that apparently damages enemies (You never actually give us any sort of damage estimate) when you pass by them does not require any ammo or mana, and does this entirely without any sort of player input?
correct, Because of its extreme fire rate the dps should be reasonably between low to med
how often does it attack enemies that the item does not kill automatically in one hit? Every second, or more?
It attacks anything until it dies including bosses
It seems odd to use 15 of the Mech Boss souls as opposed to the normal 20 that items crafted with them use, but all right.
Just noticed that ill update it
[DOUBLEPOST=1438121830,1438121734][/DOUBLEPOST]
I agree with the guy above, and can you get some sprites for the Laser backpack, the LAser power-Cell, and the combination thing? Thank you if you do so.
does my last comment answer ur question?
[DOUBLEPOST=1438122003][/DOUBLEPOST]@Zesty_Limez i've updated the post and answered most questions you proud of me yet sensei? jk, jk.

I do feel like I should mention that using the excuse, "It's for the developers to decide", just indicates laziness. Even if they decide to add this to the game (very unlikely, but still), there should at least be some info on how much to use. I have never seen a suggestion that does not give a firm number on how many of a specific item to use in a recipe, simply because it is not done. Please give a firm number, because the developers will not decide on that for you when it's still a suggestion.

@Warpshard i spelled laZer instead of laSer on purpose ;)
Every other instance of the word Laser in Terraria uses an S rather than a Z. Why would this one item use a unique (and incorrect) spelling while the rest use the correct spelling?

okay, id like to say this, the weapon is really cheap once you get a single item that you get post-golem why do I need hallowed bars and wires for something I get post-golem? there is no real point in adding those 2 resources to something post-golem.
edit: this applies to the boss souls as well, because it just makes life more of a grind.

@Warpshard Its not laziness its just not all that important oh! that poster fell off the wall its ok its NOT that IMPORTANT!
[DOUBLEPOST=1438122686,1438122360][/DOUBLEPOST]
why do I need hallowed bars and wires for something I get post-golem? there is no real point in adding those 2 resources to something post-golem.
Hallowed bars: its sad to see a once popular man/Halow bars turned completly homeless, poor, etc. by one simple action Wires: I'm a fan of them i have wired everything staircase to pool teleporters fool-proof security system Etc. and its mechanical everything mechanical needs wires it makes the recipe more realistic

@Warpshard Its not laziness its just not all that important oh! that poster fell off the wall its ok its NOT that IMPORTANT!
[DOUBLEPOST=1438122686,1438122360][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hallowed bars: its sad to see a once popular man/Halow bars turned completly homeless, poor, etc. by one simple action Wires: I'm a fan of them i have wired everything staircase to pool teleporters fool-proof security system Etc. and its mechanical everything mechanical needs wires it makes the recipe more realistic
how about replace wires with nanites? that would use a better material.

To be honest you guys were pretty harsh when it came to responding, which is why OP feels like you guys were hating on him (and to be fair, it was thinly veiled contempt, not 'constructive criticism').
At the beggining it didn't have any info at all, that's why most of these are harsh.

Back
Top Bottom