Weapons & Equip Lazer back-pack

To be honest you guys were pretty harsh when it came to responding, which is why OP feels like you guys were hating on him (and to be fair, it was thinly veiled contempt, not 'constructive criticism'). I mean, look at these posts:

Constructive, oh yes.

This really helps add to the suggestion.

It's definitely criticism, I'll give you that. Also, what a rude way to suggest this.

Okay, hold up. 1) Blatantly rude and shows your dislike for the idea, 2) That's a very one-sided argument and also, harsh. 3) It seems that everyone who does criticize OP's suggestions can't find a way to do it politely.

Hmm, I wonder why our OP feels the way he does. It's obviously because he can't handle criticism. Yup.

*sigh* You can't really find decent people on the internet nowadays, can you...
I will not defend what I said, that was definitely rude, and I apologize, @Dharak Colossus1.
HOWEVER, you seemed to not even touch upon the actual criticisms of the suggestion, which made your post seem to be just hating on people and not to help the thread, as you didn't even try to offer advice to the OP.

@Davidciano thats because i thought about the idea like 5 minutes before i posted...
...Just wondering, did you think of your Sanik Fest about 5 minutes before posting it?

Anyways, if you're posting an idea that you came up with about 5 minutes before posting it, and people hate it, then that's more than likely what you're doing wrong. There are suggestion creators (Zoomo, Snickerbobble, Baconfry, and SrzGamer, to name a few) who put a lot of time into their suggestions, and are generally well-received as a result. The more time you put into a suggestion, the more fleshed-out and balanced it becomes.

...Just wondering, did you think of your Sanik Fest about 5 minutes before posting it?
I actually posted it ages ago on the old forums so i had everything laid out...
[DOUBLEPOST=1438125536,1438125476][/DOUBLEPOST]ITS 00:18 GOTTA GO TA BED SANIK FEST no srsly its 00:18

To be honest you guys were pretty harsh when it came to responding, which is why OP feels like you guys were hating on him (and to be fair, it was thinly veiled contempt, not 'constructive criticism'). I mean, look at these posts:

Constructive, oh yes.

This really helps add to the suggestion.

It's definitely criticism, I'll give you that. Also, what a rude way to suggest this.

Okay, hold up. 1) Blatantly rude and shows your dislike for the idea, 2) That's a very one-sided argument and also, harsh. 3) It seems that everyone who does criticize OP's suggestions can't find a way to do it politely.

Hmm, I wonder why our OP feels the way he does. It's obviously because he can't handle criticism. Yup.

*sigh* You can't really find decent people on the internet nowadays, can you...

I asked questions to try and help him flesh it out, if you had quoted my entire post. The second part was harsh yes, but it was in response to his not veiled whatsoever blackmail(?) and an attack on somebody who hadn't even seen the thread at the time. Your last sentence is pretty much an attack on several peoples character based on one comment in one thread, where TC had been quite rude right off the bat before anyone had posted and you would tell us that we are the ones who aren't decent people?

What does it do? What equipment slot? What is the material? What drops the material? What other materials do you need? Where's it crafted?

If it were to be added, it wouldn't be in 1.3 since it is already out. So, you don't want them to use your barebones, hardly even concept, of an idea until console, which is made by a different group, gets 1.3. The end result is you get 1.3 and not this item since it isn't added in 1.3.

And you can hardly deny someone the right to post in your thread :p

Anyway, @Dharak Colossus1 the suggestion looks a lot better now. I have a few issues with it still, but they're nitpicky, and you have already responded to other people about them.

Dear god, you people are blind it says: WORK IN PROGRESS highlighted in Orange an everything at first you hate now its done you like it?!! done. *deletes account*

This makes me think of the Mechanical Minecart. I assume it'd serve as a good example of what the accessory is meant to function/look like, apart from it coming off of your wings. It's remarkable that making large mistakes for correct conduct gets so much attention. If I were good at swallowing my pride I'd try something similar but make huge errors and gaps or logic before accusing people of false accusations. All that free publicity~

OK, so some of you may find that offencive and you're probably right but I wanted to point out the delicious irony.

@Dharak Colossus1

Could you please do this soon? Add to the OP a short summary of your best argument why this should be added and not left out of the game? If not could you just make a short paragraph/list of reasons why it's a good idea?

you people are blind it says: WORK IN PROGRESS
That is does, but people can still make mistakes and oversights. Just as you made a post with too little detail for people to know anything about it at first they're also capable of acting without enough thought behind their actions. Them getting annoyed at you solves nothing, just as you getting annoyed at them doesn't help.

What might be helpful though is adding a large piece of disclaimer text reading something like...

Idea isn't finish yet, please don't give feedback currently

Or...

Please remember this is in progress! Don't criticize lack of information!

I never said Steampunk wings i said jet-pack they dont exist (they do exist but are not obtainable without the use of cheats so technically DONT exist)
I'm assuming that you haven't played 1.3? Steampunk wings are now obtainable on the PC. They can be purchased from the Steampunker once Golem is defeated.

I never said Steampunk wings i said jet-pack they dont exist (they do exist but are not obtainable without the use of cheats so technically DONT exist)
[DOUBLEPOST=1438209994,1438209925][/DOUBLEPOST]

They do in 1.3, so they would be available for your suggestion.

I'm assuming that you haven't played 1.3? Steampunk wings are now obtainable, they are purchasable from the Steampunker once Golem is defeated.
He plays the console version, which doesn't have the 1.3 version yet.

@Warpshard Nope, haven't played it i play PSVita Edition
[DOUBLEPOST=1438210356,1438210103][/DOUBLEPOST]*UPDATED* now says: can be combined with STEAMPUNK WINGS for flying grim reaper combo
[DOUBLEPOST=1438210415][/DOUBLEPOST]May i also suggest looking at some of my other ideas that I've linked

Okay, lets just start with this: remember folks, there IS a difference between being critical and being mean. A work in progress DOES warrant some allowances for lack of completion, and when Dharak says that some of his facts aren't set in stone because its up for the dev's to decide, I do NOT consider this to be a sign of laziness . . . he is, in fact, very correct. Perhaps he could try to assign a placeholder stat in the mean time, but honestly? I think the general culture of the Suggestion's section puts far too much emphasis on stats that will never make it into the game anyway. So cut him some slack on that point.

Now Dharak, you need to back off a little. You are just one of many posters in this section, and no, people aren't picking on you in particular. Perhaps some of them were a bit too harsh, but a good number of them are indeed giving good feedback, and feedback is expected and encouraged in this section. Please refrain from publicly accusing everyone who dislikes your ideas haters, etc. Its certainly not going to win you any brownie points.

Some of you will be receiving PMs shortly.

Back
Top Bottom