Tool [LEGACY][Patcher] Terraria Tweaker 1.X.X.X

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found for some of the permanent accessories that their effects were... a tiny bit over-exaggerated. I am uncertain if this is true for everyone or just me, or even if it's only true for 1.3.1 or for all versions, but the one's I've tried and found to be 'bugged' I'll list here. The mana flower seems to make all spells free to cast, regardless of if you checked that particular option in miscellaneous or not. The worm scarf seems to reduce all damage taken down to 1 regardless of source, with a few exceptions (falling behind the WoF, etc.). And the fire guantlet seems to make all melee damage significantly greater (to the extent of where I was dealing 150 damage on the base night's edge, which should do around 56 with the guantlet normally), and it also seems to heavily glitch out the use of yoyo's to the point where they cant even be aimed and held. I am uncertain if any of the other permanent accessories have any similar bugs as those 3 were the only one's I've used so far, but I will keep looking. Other than that, I'm absolutely loving the potential this patcher gives, and I've enjoyed it quite a bit so far (first day using it)

Edit: I also noticed that using a patched version of the exe seems to prioritize mushrooms to any other method of healing, i.e. potions, but I am unsure if that is because of the no potion sickness option, or if it's using a modified file in general

Last edited:
Hi, I was just wondering if there was a way to enable only the 6th expert acc slot, because the 7th slot messes with my game and causes my defense icon to go off screen and my 6th and 7th slots keep activating the settings menu. I just want to have it open in normal world, as I don't want to play Expert. Thanks for all the hard work, and keep it up!

I found for some of the permanent accessories that their effects were... a tiny bit over-exaggerated. I am uncertain if this is true for everyone or just me, or even if it's only true for 1.3.1 or for all versions, but the one's I've tried and found to be 'bugged' I'll list here. The mana flower seems to make all spells free to cast, regardless of if you checked that particular option in miscellaneous or not. The worm scarf seems to reduce all damage taken down to 1 regardless of source, with a few exceptions (falling behind the WoF, etc.). And the fire guantlet seems to make all melee damage significantly greater (to the extent of where I was dealing 150 damage on the base night's edge, which should do around 56 with the guantlet normally), and it also seems to heavily glitch out the use of yoyo's to the point where they cant even be aimed and held. I am uncertain if any of the other permanent accessories have any similar bugs as those 3 were the only one's I've used so far, but I will keep looking. Other than that, I'm absolutely loving the potential this patcher gives, and I've enjoyed it quite a bit so far (first day using it)

Edit: I also noticed that using a patched version of the exe seems to prioritize mushrooms to any other method of healing, i.e. potions, but I am unsure if that is because of the no potion sickness option, or if it's using a modified file in general

I'll investigate that further, thanks for the notice.
[doublepost=1464291312,1464291168][/doublepost]
Hi, I was just wondering if there was a way to enable only the 6th expert acc slot, because the 7th slot messes with my game and causes my defense icon to go off screen and my 6th and 7th slots keep activating the settings menu. I just want to have it open in normal world, as I don't want to play Expert. Thanks for all the hard work, and keep it up!

I may implement that, though it'd be somewhat messy. In the meantime you can increase the resolution of the Terraria window or run it in fullscreen. There are also programs (sometimes part of graphics drivers) that can simulate higher resolutions on a lower-res screen, that may be useful to you as well.

Got an error from having both Terraria Patcher and Terraria Tweaker. No clue what it means.

http://prntscr.com/b9iny8

I get the feeling it's from the way they are interacting with one another. Granted i'm mainly using Terraria Patcher for infinite bullets and the ability to get items for construction. But i think it's due to something between the two conflicting as both are alright on their own.

Got an error from having both Terraria Patcher and Terraria Tweaker. No clue what it means.

http://prntscr.com/b9iny8

I get the feeling it's from the way they are interacting with one another. Granted i'm mainly using Terraria Patcher for infinite bullets and the ability to get items for construction. But i think it's due to something between the two conflicting as both are alright on their own.

Most likely, yeah. The thrown error looks like some collection pertaining to the lighting of tiles was modified mid-read, so maybe a Fullbright patch you've applied is causing the problem. There's not much at all I can do here to help you

Terraria Tweaker seemingly works fine. It starts up as it should and edits Terraria without indicating the presence of any problems. My problem is starting Terraria after it's been tweaked.

Once Terraria is altered, launching it will have an unusual effect. Steam will say it's running and 3 processes in the Task Manager appear, each seemingly being Terraria and all 3 using exactly 124K memory. The game will never truly launch, and any attempts to close any of the 3 processes will fail, requiring a reboot for them to close.

Terraria Tweaker seemingly works fine. It starts up as it should and edits Terraria without indicating the presence of any problems. My problem is starting Terraria after it's been tweaked.

Once Terraria is altered, launching it will have an unusual effect. Steam will say it's running and 3 processes in the Task Manager appear, each seemingly being Terraria and all 3 using exactly 124K memory. The game will never truly launch, and any attempts to close any of the 3 processes will fail, requiring a reboot for them to close.

Okay, it looks like Terraria is failing to instantiate and Steam is trying (and failing) to rectify that. Before trying the instructions below, go to the Terraria install directory and check if the file size of Terraria.exe is 0 bytes, or anything that isn't around 6860 KB.

Try fully closing all Steam-related processes, Terraria, then run Steam as an administrator. Run a verify game cache on Terraria, delete the "TweakStore" folder in the Terraria install directory, relaunch TT and apply your tweaks, and finally run Terraria through Steam.

It works flawlessly now. Thank you for your help.

I have a few suggestions for the mouseover tips of the Omnipatcher. I'll put them in a spoiler.
Edited / Added sections will be in Italic text. Of course, these are merely suggestions.
Use Time - Time required to use an item, shown as 1/60ths of a second.
bait - Possibly power when used as a fishing bait
reuseDelay - Possibly the delay between uses of the same item. Other actions are possibly allowed while the reuseDelay is in effect.
useTurn - Determines if the player can turn during the item's useTime.
Knockback's tooltip in the Omnipatcher has a mistake in it. "Knockback delt when projectiles of an item impact an entity". I'm certain this should be replaced by "dealt". The Vampire Knives also have this error in their Heal amount, located in the Quick Weapon Tweaks section.

Last edited:
It works flawlessly now. Thank you for your help.

I have a few suggestions for the mouseover tips of the Omnipatcher. I'll put them in a spoiler.
Edited / Added sections will be in Italic text. Of course, these are merely suggestions.
Use Time - Time required to use an item, shown as 1/60ths of a second.
bait - Possibly power when used as a fishing bait
reuseDelay - Possibly the delay between uses of the same item. Other actions are possibly allowed while the reuseDelay is in effect.
useTurn - Determines if the player can turn during the item's useTime.
Knockback's tooltip in the Omnipatcher has a mistake in it. "Knockback delt when projectiles of an item impact an entity". I'm certain this should be replaced by "dealt". The Vampire Knives also have this error in their Heal amount, located in the Quick Weapon Tweaks section.

Excellent, and thank you for the tips, they'll be in the next update

I don't think this problem could be fixed, but something should be added to the description to prevent character losses.

Short Version: When using the "Make Social Slots functional" tweak, don't equip the Celestial Shell, Moon Charm or Neptune's Shell in social slots. They'll freeze your character and will make the character entirely unusable if saved while frozen. A detailed description of the issue is also provided.
The "Make social slots functional" feature can potentially cause characters to become permanently unusable if the Celestial Shell, Moon Charm or Neptune's shell are equipped in social slots. If any of the previously mentionned accessories is equipped in a social slot, the character will freeze in place, losing the ability to move, jump and use items. The item can be unequipped normally, which will cause the character to return to normal. If the character is saved while in this "frozen" state, that character will cause the game to instantly crash when the world is done loading (AKA when gameplay starts). Modifying the inventory using inventory editors to remove the accessory will not fix the character.

Last edited:
I don't think this problem could be fixed, but something should be added to the description to prevent character losses.

Short Version: When using the "Make Social Slots functional" tweak, don't equip the Celestial Shell, Moon Charm or Neptune's Shell in social slots. They'll freeze your character and will make the character entirely unusable if saved while frozen. A detailed description of the issue is also provided.
The "Make social slots functional" feature can potentially cause characters to become permanently unusable if the Celestial Shell, Moon Charm or Neptune's shell are equipped in social slots. If any of the previously mentionned accessories is equipped in a social slot, the character will freeze in place, losing the ability to move, jump and use items. The item can be unequipped normally, which will cause the character to return to normal. If the character is saved while in this "frozen" state, that character will cause the game to instantly crash when the world is done loading (AKA when gameplay starts). Modifying the inventory using inventory editors to remove the accessory will not fix the character.

Hmmm, I'll bet that's due to those accessories' power to transform the character and their movement mechanics. The exact same problem occurs when trying to put wings in social slots (which is patched, though). I'll put in a warning or another patch for that.

I got problem with instalation. When i open exe it doesnt show up and it is auto delated. i dont got any AV so i dont understand it, can u help me?

Something on your computer is likely finding TT to be a false-positive, probably a heuristics scanner or something because of the way TT externally modifies another program. You could boot your computer in safe mode to run TT, which should work, and double check for any anti-virus software you may have that slipped under the hood.

The Terraria Tweaker 1.3.0.0 Anniversary Edition update is out with a new feature! This release marks the 1 year birthday of Terraria Tweaker; my little project has grown up so quickly, it almost brings a tear to my eye or something like that. Thank you everyone for thousands of downloads!

I have a problem. When I try to run the new 1.3.0.0 version, the splash never goes away, the "The Terraria install directory was not found" message box does not display (even though it exists in the task manager), and when i close that message box the splash goes away and the actual thing comes up, but it closes about 30 seconds- a minute later. I have Microsoft .NET framework version 4.6.1, and both vcredist_86x_2015 and vcredist_64x_2015 installed. Please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom