tModLoader Legend of Terraria 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
AH ok, cause tbh getting them via ore mining was abit too easy to get money.
Cause I had made over 3 platinum before I even fought the Eye.
But I do like the Jewel Sword, makes me want to play SOTN again

You will find many more sotn stuff and other castlevania stuff every update.. I love castlevania, that's why i'm putting stuff from those games there too ;p

Yes, there is going to be more of them. In fact, i plan on adding scpecific variants of vanilla monsters to fit other biomes after i release this update. I love variety so expect more interesting looking vanilla variants.

But don't worry, some creatures and other beings from various legends and myths will also appear tih those biomes. In fact, this update is going to introduce one minor creature that you will find in deserts. It originates from lovecraftian lore.

maybe I'm thinking of the wrong myths but are you planning on adding stuff like minotaurs, Cyclops, chupacabra, griffins, chimera, collosus blah blah

By the way, it would be very good. (The truth in Thorium mod is a Minotaur). But in general it would be desirable to see also such mythology.
And still there is a question. And difficult idea:
Whether it is possible to enter the enemy, we will assume Blood Skeleton which can't be killed with weapon, it is possible to kill only using Purification Powder. (I have remembered Castlevania too `;))

Last edited:
maybe I'm thinking of the wrong myths but are you planning on adding stuff like minotaurs, Cyclops, chupacabra, griffins, chimera, collosus blah blah

Well, with minotaurs and Cyclops i think i have to pass, or just make my own creative versions. Thorium already has minotaurs, and Omnirs mod will probably have both minotaurs and cyclops. As for chupacabras, griffins etc. yes, in future. I have planned many creatures from many ancient cultures. Not only that, but also items and weapons.

By the way, it would be very good. (The truth in Thorium mod is a Minotaur). But in general it would be desirable to see also such mythology.
And still there is a question. And difficult idea:
Whether it is possible to enter the enemy, we will assume Blood Skeleton which can't be killed with weapon, it is possible to kill only using Purification Powder. (I have remembered Castlevania too `;))

I thought about this, and i think i know how to do it and what aproach to take. And i want to take same aproach as Portrait of Ruin had, wich is only killable with certain weapon or weapons.

So, according to the Bestiary, Bone Scimitar, Beam Skeleton, and Paranthropus are all supposed to be "Caves" enemies, but I'm finding all three on the surface...more commonly than zombies for the most part. Also, most of the enemies that are supposed to be Surface, I'm just not seeing at all.

Yes, that's because i screwed the surface part (and caves enemies usually have something like !surface) so it somehow switched around. I already fixed it and the fix will come with next update.

Great news! On the spoiler-y side...

The newspaper clipping says the Jewel Sword gets stronger the better gem gauntlet you have (which my friend and I both guessed, but weren't willing to try without confirmation), but I don't see any change in the displayed item stats other than what accessory modifiers would add. Is this working, and if so, what should I be looking for?

It won't change anything in the display, because i have no idea how to change info on single items display, but the damage boost is actually working. How much (not the exact numbers) the gauntlet boosts should be self explanatory, when you see what materials are used to build one.

Anyone else have a problem with simes spawning in the underworld? Most of the monsters I face down there appear to be slimes for me.

i voted no, but not for all of them, a good amount of them will be fine with the current AI, but i think some of them you can encounter earlier should just have fighter AI since they will be a problem to deal with anyway so early on.

As stated in the poll comments, I don't think that they should be for every biome, but rather for different materials/themes, and only in underground biomes. I'd also agree with @tankedup13 that not all of them should use the same A.I. Or, at the least, some ought to have a special behaviour. For instance, a golem that shoots a shower of sparks/embers/dust/frost, or one that curls into a ball and launches at the player turtle-style, perhaps even some that try to slam down on opponents from above like a boss mimic. Similar appearance will make them all "golems", but making different golems act differently will feel more meaningful than just a pallete-swap.

Edit: As an example, a "Mechanical Golem" that uses the golem A.I. isn't that special, but make it a "Broken Automaton" that electrifies like a jellyfish rather than simply blocking damage, and it becomes thematic and unique, even though it's functionally not much different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom