Game Mechanics Let us see how our Hardmode V will generate in the world seed

RandomDuckNerd

Skeletron
The idea is simple

Add an extra bit to the seed that lets us tell how our Hardmode V will generate
"1" Would mean the Hardmode V would have the World Evil on the left, and Hallow on the right.
"2" Would mean Hallow on the left, and World Evil on the right.

Example:
My First Expert World before this hypothetical change: 2.2.2.1250496800
My First Expert World after: 2.2.2.1.1250496800

Last edited:
Hmmm... how much will this realistically help, though? It's not like you can change it or stop it from happening.

So you don't spend like 20 hours getting into hardmode only for the V to be in an awful spot
I can't help but feel like that's just part of playing the game, though... and I can't lie, I've rarely ever felt like the placement of the V has screwed me over. Certainly not enough for me to want to predict how it generates.

Note: World generation after version 1.4.0.5 made it so that the side of either World Evil or Hallow would spawn randomly [prior to this update, it was very predictable].

The desire or want to predict or control the Hardmode "V" has always been interesting to me. I can't think of a single time when triggering Hardmode was a near disaster or was devastating enough to make me feel as if I'd ruined my experience or lost progress [like my 10-hour game files didn't save or were lost or something]. In cases where NPC homes become uninhabitable, the only goal is normally to just fix that problem first and as soon as possible, or just relocate! ☝️🧐

Either way, I do believe there are more important, fundamental things a Player should know and/ or understand about Terraria before dissecting something as complex as Map generation. At that point, there's a list of numerous things you'd need to know to offer a meaningful take on the matter, seeing as how far apart 1.4.4 is from version 1.3.5 (etc).

pretty much what toxophilite said, yeah
i don't believe this is necessary and it would require reworking world gen yet again

glad nobody else has had the experience of getting underground corruption :red:ing up their underground npc town and mob farm

thats a fate i wouldn't wish on my worst enemy

Back
Top Bottom