Biomes & Nature Liquids and Blocks

What should sand turn into when it is effected by lava?

• Silica, because I want another way to make glass!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Hornfels, because it looks awesome!

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do not like the wood idea, even though it doesn't cause too much issues it would make the player waste a lot of stuff on protecting it with your said "oil". Even if it didn't it would remove some creative features for building fanatics such as myself.
And how many of the builds contain wood touching lava?
And as Isaid before, you can use the color sprayer accessory for easier use.

Wood -lava-> Ash Block (Don't forget you can paint the wood liquid proof oil so it wont be effected)
What you're saying is that you can protect wood from lava by coating it in a substance that's usually flammable. I can understand using it to waterproof blocks, but lava isn't really the same thing as water. At all. If you want to protect something from lava, I would suggest focusing on the fact that it's a couple thousand degrees.

What you're saying is that you can protect wood from lava by coating it in a substance that's usually flammable. I can understand using it to waterproof blocks, but lava isn't really the same thing as water. At all. If you want to protect something from lava, I would suggest focusing on the fact that it's a couple thousand degrees.
And since when is there heat in Terraria?
And I don't want another item that has similar function to another but for a different liquid.
Si I'll just change the name to liquid proof coating.

And since when is there heat in Terraria?
And I don't want another item that has similar function to another but for a different liquid.
Si I'll just change the name to liquid proof coating.
Well, I apoligize for using realism arguments in a suggestion thread that's clearly meant to add realism to the game. You're suggesting that wood should turn to ash when it touches lava. That's called burning, which is caused by heat. A "liquid proof" coating wouldn't protect against lava just because it's a liquid. It would also need to protect against heat. The name should be "Protective Coating." It's nice and nonspecific.

Well, I apoligize for using realism arguments in a suggestion thread that's clearly meant to add realism to the game. You're suggesting that wood should turn to ash when it touches lava. That's called burning, which is caused by heat. A "liquid proof" coating wouldn't protect against lava just because it's a liquid. It would also need to protect against heat. The name should be "Protective Coating." It's nice and nonspecific.
So be it.
Will it function the same way paint does?

Wouldn't this cause some considerable lag with the fact that the entire underground will be transforming?
If it did cause lag, i'm sure that the lag wouldn't last too long.

And perhaps the world could generated with transformed blocks already around underground pools.

If it did cause lag, i'm sure that the lag wouldn't last too long.

And perhaps the world could generated with transformed blocks already around underground pools.
I'm pretty sure I said that in the world generation process it will transform them.
And no, this shouldn't cause lag because they don't transform all at once.

I think Sand+Water--->Quicksand is too OP for a Beginning Player
Hoe about Sand+Water--->Slush?

Honey would be an incredibly poor fertilizer; First off, the density of solute to water is so high that it would actually suck the water out of most cells it comes into contact with. This would prevent it from being broken down by microbes, and therefore prevent its compounds from being used by plants. Second, honey is surprisingly acidic - which is another reason microbes don't like it - so it wouldn't be too great for the pH of the soil.
I say all of this, but I just looked up "Growing Plants in Honey". It turns out that the antiseptic (and, incidentally, antifungal) properties actually help plant cuttings stay healthy. Not grow faster, but stay healthy. So instead of having the soil grow plants faster, you could have it ward off Corruption and Crimson (and possibly the Hallow). Of course, these are all arguments based off of real-life logic. Which Terraria clearly doesn't follow.

Honey would be an incredibly poor fertilizer; First off, the density of solute to water is so high that it would actually suck the water out of most cells it comes into contact with. This would prevent it from being broken down by microbes, and therefore prevent its compounds from being used by plants. Second, honey is surprisingly acidic - which is another reason microbes don't like it - so it wouldn't be too great for the pH of the soil.
I say all of this, but I just looked up "Growing Plants in Honey". It turns out that the antiseptic (and, incidentally, antifungal) properties actually help plant cuttings stay healthy. Not grow faster, but stay healthy. So instead of having the soil grow plants faster, you could have it ward off Corruption and Crimson (and possibly the Hallow). Of course, these are all arguments based off of real-life logic. Which Terraria clearly doesn't follow.
Nah, I like my idea better.
Illogical things is what makes games fun! :)

Woah, nice suggestion, Re-Logic NEEDS to add this!

Though, I feel that pouring water over stone should give you sand over time, y'know, the waves slowly breaking stone into smaller peebles, then slowly breaking the peebles into sand. It should have a longer transition than other blocks, I think.

Woah, nice suggestion, Re-Logic NEEDS to add this!

Though, I feel that pouring water over stone should give you sand over time, y'know, the waves slowly breaking stone into smaller peebles, then slowly breaking the peebles into sand. It should have a longer transition than other blocks, I think.
Yea something like an eternity.
Also, water underground is still, which means it barely touches the stone.

Yeah I know, but you tried involving logic so I countered it with more logic :p
And also, that would eventually turn stone into quick sand, and we don't want quick sand everywhere now do we?

Yeah I know, but you tried involving logic so I countered it with more logic :p
And also, that would eventually turn stone into quick sand, and we don't want quick sand everywhere now do we?
Not all stone is covered in water, and not all sand is covered in water too :p

But okay, still a great suggestion with or without the stone & water thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom