Other Loadouts change

thisisabadname

Official Terrarian
Loadouts are great, with the click of a button I can go from a tanky melee build to a glass cannon build or to a fishing setup.

What's wrong?

The fact that you have to grind 3 sets of armour and accessories. This is exceptionally annoying to me. Often, there are some things you just want to use in every build. And often they are hard to get multiple of. For example, ankh shield, wings according to your progression, insignia, boots (esp terraspark if you prefer those over amphibian), destroyer emblem, celestial shell, frozen shield etc.

The biggest offender to me is vanity. I am someone who uses one set every time I play and it's a hard to get set. It requires rare developer items I am not fond of getting manually. Even when I cheat in my vanity, I find it pretty annoying to spawn in 40 items for one character which I will likely replace soon as I am playing hardcore.

How can it be fixed?
I have come up with a simple solution to this. This doesn't add any new buttons or items or keybinds. It simply makes use of an existing mechanic: favouriting.

I propose that you should be able to favourite items in your loadouts. (Armour, accessories, vanity, dyes) and they will carry over to all your loadouts. You can't favourite an item if you are using the slot in another loadout. If you take the item out, the slot will be free to use on all your loadouts. If you unfavourite an item, it will stay in the loadout you are currently using and will be empty for other loadouts. This way you get the full potential of loadouts without having to grind a lot more.

Let me know what you think! (Visual by u/GetTheKness69)

1692079528008.png

Last edited:
As a devout Bundle of Balloons user, I support this! When I'm playing with a few other people it's usually not a problem because we always have heaps of stuff, but when I'm playing on my own, getting staple accessories for all of my loadouts can really be a pain. I only tend to use my second loadout for mining and building (which thankfully, I do a lot of, so I get decent use out of the loadout), and my third loadout is really only used for temporary accessory storage until I return to base and unload.

Getting enough stuff to fill out all three for different purposes is not only time-consuming, but also feels pointless when oftentimes, I don't even need a full loadout swap to perform a certain task, and can just store the desired items in vanity on my main loadout and swap them in if I need them.

The vanity is also a good point. Some rare equipment looks great on vanity, like dev sets or boots or wings, and sometimes I don't even want to switch to the other loadouts because I then won't be able to see those items until I swap back.

Last edited:
This but if you can't favorite armor, favoriting armor would make switching back n forth between spectre mask and hood a bit too easy.

Loadouts are great, with the click of a button I can go from a tanky melee build to a glass cannon build or to a fishing setup.

What's wrong?

The fact that you have to grind 3 sets of armour and accessories. This is exceptionally annoying to me. Often, there are some things you just want to use in every build. And often they are hard to get multiple of. For example, ankh shield, wings according to your progression, insignia, boots (esp terraspark if you prefer those over amphibian), destroyer emblem, celestial shell, frozen shield etc.

The biggest offender to me is vanity. I am someone who uses one set every time I play and it's a hard to get set. It requires rare developer items I am not fond of getting manually. Even when I cheat in my vanity, I find it pretty annoying to spawn in 40 items for one character which I will likely replace soon as I am playing hardcore.

How can it be fixed?
I have come up with a simple solution to this. This doesn't add any new buttons or items or keybinds. It simply makes use of an existing mechanic: favouriting.

I propose that you should be able to favourite items in your loadouts. (Armour, accessories, vanity, dyes) and they will carry over to all your loadouts. You can't favourite an item if you are using the slot in another loadout. If you take the item out, the slot will be free to use on all your loadouts. If you unfavourite an item, it will stay in the loadout you are currently using and will be empty for other loadouts. This way you get the full potential of loadouts without having to grind a lot more.

Let me know what you think!

View attachment 420809
I think favorited accessories should be kept per load out loving the idea don't like the UI thought

I don’t even code and this makes my brain hurt.

Maybe make it so it doesn’t technically “favorite” it but instead just kicks the marked items in question over to the next loadout as you swap, with the requirement being that there must be no other items occupying that slot position in the other loadouts.

There’s also a pretty good chance they implemented the loadout mechanic not so you can rapidly swap between bonuses mid-battle but so you can set up separate loadouts for bigger things, like:
  • Boss/Invasion
  • Exploration
  • Building
  • Fishing

Maybe add a Keybind as well? Unless they already have that and I didn't notice. Also, I'm 99% sure this is going to be in a Chippygaming video. Anyways excellent idea

Back
Top Bottom