• Yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SuperZ007

Eye of Cthulhu
There should be this thing, that, if you place a chest, that means you have the option to lock it. That means only you can open it. Useful for privacy and security.

Hmm I have some questions about this. Is it an option upon putting down a chest? Or a sort of menu near the loot all buttons? Will you be able to black and white list players? Just things to think about... This could also be VERY trolly. What if a person joins a world puts down a chest locks it and leaves? The chest will be stuck there forever. Mabye the world owner also gets full privalges to all chests?

Good idea, but needs some more clarification on how it will work.

Will support probably with more clarification to the thread! Seems like a good idea, if the trolling is fixed

Maybe there could even be different keys, or you could use the biome keys to unlock their respective chests, it would be useful for adventure maps.

Hmm I have some questions about this. Is it an option upon putting down a chest? Or a sort of menu near the loot all buttons? Will you be able to black and white list players? Just things to think about... This could also be VERY trolly. What if a person joins a world puts down a chest locks it and leaves? The chest will be stuck there forever. Mabye the world owner also gets full privalges to all chests?

Good idea, but needs some more clarification on how it will work.

Will support probably with more clarification to the thread! Seems like a good idea, if the trolling is fixed

There is an option in the chest gui. It will only work if YOU placed it. You can also whitelist players.

Playing with people you know you can trust (or can punch IRL if they fool around) solves this and most other "security" issues caused by playing this game in multiplayer.

Playing with people you know you can trust (or can punch IRL if they fool around) solves this and most other "security" issues caused by playing this game in multiplayer.

While this is true, it doesn't change griefing that can be caused on console, iOS, and public servers of people getting a chest putting a single item in it, and then locking it forever so no one can ever remove it. I know you need precautions for setting up a server and griefing can happen, but when the griefing is completely permanent and can not be repaired no matter what you do. It can cause bad things for people who aren't to cautious. Like someone on iOS accidentally leaving multiplayer on while playing, then a random person joins and places down a chest and locks it forever.

I think the world owner should be able to open/destroy all locked chests.

While this is true, it doesn't change griefing that can be caused on console, iOS, and public servers of people getting a chest putting a single item in it, and then locking it forever so no one can ever remove it. I know you need precautions for setting up a server and griefing can happen, but when the griefing is completely permanent and can not be repaired no matter what you do. It can cause bad things for people who aren't to cautious. Like someone on iOS accidentally leaving multiplayer on while playing, then a random person joins and places down a chest and locks it forever.

I think the world owner should be able to open/destroy all locked chests.
I believe he was referring to the problem of people stealing from chests in the first place, not the griefing issue that you brought up.

Anyway, we already have piggybanks and safes for this purpose.

Keep your things in your main world (which should, hopefully, not be a multiplayer world) and only bring along what you must have.

If your "must have" occupy more than fifty different items, then there's some serious inventory management issues going on which won't really be fixed by locking any chests.

I do not see this as actually being useful. Why play on a server if you don't trust people. As Kyouko said, just keep items in your main world.

I thought there was some kind of "password lock" system for chests. Maybe I'm just stupid. Or it could be that I'm a tShock snob and have used plugins that do that.

I don't really like locked chests. Not like a goblin thief can come in and take my sword collection away...

Seriously, locked chests are rather pointless for the large majority of terrarians. it seems like not a large portion of the Terraria community plays on large servers simply because Terraria wasn't designed around that, many of the games mechanics are balanced around singleplayer or a 2-4 player co-op. Those who do play on more populated servers know that A) keep your stuff in a safe/bank and B) don't leave valuable stuff in a chest.

tl;dr: No support.

Back
Top Bottom