Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• absolutely not

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
may your pain be little, and your success great
I've written table BBCode once before for three things happening at once so surely two at once shouldn't be a hard thing to write
And I doubt it can be as annoying as having to speedrun a small part of Hollow Knight to check two animations-

famous last words
also i think i remember that: it was in collision right?
No
the triple was in RJITU when I posted an intermission that was just three Pokemon and a fox having a casual conversation
thats true- ive never had to speedrun a game before
It was honestly pretty easy, I did one pogo trick in King's Pass, skipped False Knight, bonked Sly and did the SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY meme and that was about it
and the most satisfying part was the animations were the ones I was thinking of

So, I was reading over old posts to catch myself back up on the lore, and came across this one:
Pancake parts the reeds and gets a good look at the person.
Pale skin...
They look human, but the horns say otherwise.
And this now has me wondering what exactly are the appearance traits of the different demons, as this implies that there is normally more stuff different than just horns.

Like, are there different hair colours, skin tones, eye colours, etc. that are typical of different species?

Like, are there different hair colours, skin tones, eye colours, etc. that are typical of different species?
Yes actually!
I keep forgetting to add them-
Demons/O'de:
I'de/Ude: These guys almost always have pale, almost translucent skin, and their eye color(ie. blue, brown) is usually yellow. Ice is original in this aspect, as his eyes are blue in some lights and grey in others.
Ka'de: Usually they have darker skin, and grey/bright orange eyes that give off light. Before they nearly went extinct, they had the nickname Embers because of their eyes.
Kae'de: dark, almost greyish skin, often strangely veiny, even when they're skinny. their eyes are sometimes square(not the eyeball, but the part that moves around and tells people the general direction you're looking)
Ke'e: Their horns are often slightly green, and as decoration sometimes they will drape vines around them. Their eyes are usually earthy tones.

I forgot i retconned the K in Ki'de and Ku'de- theyr'e just I'de and U'de now
ill fix it

iris- that thingy
the color part is in a square
Ah, good to know.

Anything in particular about hair?

As I may end up adjusting a bit of James' appearance in The First Fallacy, as I wasn't sure what the typical traits of U'de were when I first wrote his application.

Ah, good to know.

Anything in particular about hair?

As I may end up adjusting a bit of James' appearance in The First Fallacy, as I wasn't sure what the typical traits of U'de were when I first wrote his application.
not really, hair's just kinda hair.
yeah, sorry- i should've updated it sooner

It's all good. I'll just probably go and review that now and make some slight adjustments, and then the characters might notice once he changes out of his dragon form.

EDIT: @Pancake_Sector_10 so, considering how Ko goes down when it's used for magic, is there anything that makes it go back up again? As while I assume it would with time I don't remember seeing anything stated anywhere for it.

Last edited:
is there anything that makes it go back up again?
Ages ago i was trying to make it a kind of "relaxation energy", so then when you relaxed, your Ko would go up
however, there's other details tied to magic that make this concept completely and utterly insane, so I had to make new stuff for it so it would make sense
(also i'm realizing a lot of these questions come from me not writing :red: down so i really need to get cracking on that, huh?)
Here's what i have so far:
Ko, being an energy of the soul, is intrinsically tied to emotion. When someone expresses an emotion, it interacts with their Natural Ko, causing it to go up.
Natural Ko is just your usual Ko, the stuff used for Ko-Based magic.
When someone bottles or pushes away an emotion, Unstable Ko is stored in the soul, and when those bottled emotions are pushed away, that Unstable Ko takes energy from the body and making them feel tired or "cold".
Unstable Ko is Ko that interacts oddly with one's body when used for magic. It can sometimes obstruct the usage entirely, blocking the channels in the body like excess fat in a bloodstream. It is often theorized that this is what blocks Humans from using Ko.
When someone is low on Ko, the most reliable way to regain it is to just wait. However, if one needs more Ko quickly, they can also eat certain types of food called Soul Foods. These foods nourish the soul AND the body, and help regain lost Ko. A popular example of this is Macaroni and Cheese.

However, if one needs more Ko quickly, they can also eat certain types of food called Soul Foods. These foods nourish the soul AND the body, and help regain lost Ko. A popular example of this is Macaroni and Cheese.
Now I'm curious as to what makes any particular food count as such, and also if different foods do different amounts.

what makes any particular food count as such
Why, the Past of course!
If a food has a long Past and is associated with a specific culture(or is just globally liked), it is usually a Soul Food.
For example, Chitlins(also spelled Chitterlings) are associated with the African American culture, and have a Past in the important event of American Slavery. Therefore, Chitlins are a Soul Food.

Why, the Past of course!
If a food has a long Past and is associated with a specific culture(or is just globally liked), it is usually a Soul Food.
For example, Chitlins(also spelled Chitterlings) are associated with the African American culture, and have a Past in the important event of American Slavery. Therefore, Chitlins are a Soul Food.
That... sounds like maybe at least 90% of actual foods, except maybe certain snacks or diet food or something

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom