Weapons & Equip Luminite Weapons

Scarecrow

Lunatic Cultist
This is pretty self explanatory, I think most people want luminite weapons as compensators if you don't get an initial moon lord drop that you want.
so I'm just gonna cut to the chase.

Moonphase
moonphase2.png

-damage: 165 (melee)
-knockback: 6
-use time: 15
-velocity: 15
-autoswing
-this sword is an upgrade to the arkhalis, but with a much wider and longer swing. the sword swings block almost all projectiles, including ones not normally blockable.
-some notable things it can destroy but is not limited to: lasers, bullets, boulders, phantasmal eyes, lazer ray, ice shards from the ice queen, and the list goes on.
things it CANNOT destroy:
the martian saucer's deathray
the moon lord's phantasm deathray, and his eye's mini deathray
the paladin's tossed hammers
the ice queen and pumpking's energy waves
aoe projectiles (such as rockets and bombs.)
flamethrower-type attacks (spazmatism's fire breath, or fire traps for example)
lingering attacks (such as spikeball traps or greek fire)

-crafted with 15 luminite bars and any phasesaber @ ancient manipulator

Void Hammer
Void Hammer.png

-damage: 170 (melee)
-knockback: 9
-use time: 14
-velocity: 14
-an upgrade to the paladin's hammer, when thrown the hammer is surrounded in a vortex which pulls enemies into the hammer as it travels. the effect is reversed and pushes enemies away when it returns.
-crafted with 20 luminute bars @ ancient manipulator

Starbeam

Starbeam.png

(unzoomed)
-damage: 76 (ranged)
-knockback: 0
-use time: 9
-velocity: 14
-automatic
when unzoomed this weapon functions as an upgraded clockwork assault rifle, firing off a 4 round burst per shot.
(zoomed)
-damage: 306 (ranged)
-knockback: 9
-use time: 37
-velocity: n/a
-has unique shot delay of .7 seconds, this is characterized by a white orb charging up at the muzzle of the gun
-while zoomed the rifle fires off a white hitscan laser similar to the heat ray or shadowbeam staff. this laser overrides your bullets. when it hits an enemy, another laser will come from that enemy and hit another one. (since it is hitscan, it all happens at once, so it will look like a constellation). Each shot can have up to 5 linking beams, each dealing full damage.
-crafted with 15 luminite bars and illegal gun parts @ ancient manipulator

Darksider

darksider2.png

-damage: 79 (ranged)
-knockback: 4
-use time: 7
-velocity: 10
-uses both bullets and arrows as ammo
initially this weapon fires a white hitscan beam similar to the starbeam. just like it, it overrides your bullets, and isn't affected by your bullet's damage. this laser will penetrate infinitely and 'wallhack' until it reachers your cursor, from there it will split into 8 of the ammo you chose to fire that shot, and spreads out like a shotgun blast.
-crafted with 20 luminite bars @ ancient manipulator

Sinkhole Scepter

Lunar Staff.png

-damage: 92 (magic)
-knockback: n/a
-use time: 19
-velocity: 1.2
-mana: 40
-acts similarly to the magnet sphere. it fires off a time bubble about the same size as the EoC, everything within the bubble is frozen in time and takes constant damage.
-enemies within a medium radius of the bubble are sucked into it
-crafted with 20 luminite bars @ ancient Manipulator

Lunar Staff

Spacetime Scepter.png

-damage: 71 (summon)
-knockback: 7
-use time: 36
-velocity: 10
-mana: 10
-summons minuature ancient visions. that latch on to enemies and steal life for you. their lifesteal is 6% the damage they deal.
-crafted with 20 luminite bars @ ancient manipulator

that about does it, hope, y'all like this suggestion.

Last edited:
nah I don't think I'm going to add anymore weapons to this suggestion. both ranged weapons are already to some degree 2 weapons in 1.

I liked the suggestion but don't you think there should be a second magic and summoner weapon considering the fact there are 2 for melee and ranged?

Well the developers wanted to put in luminite tools/weapons, but because of the other celestial tools, they found it unnecessary.

Well the developers wanted to put in luminite tools/weapons, but because of the other celestial tools, they found it unnecessary.
there's no moon lord tier weapon that isn't dropped by the moon lord. all the celestial tower weapons are a tier bellow the moon lord itself.

Is there a source for that information?
Hmm... You have a good point. And the weapon ideas are pretty cool.
[doublepost=1466105772,1466105607][/doublepost]
Is there a source for that information?
Well I remember hearing it somewhere, and if you search 'Luminite Tools", you will see some sprites that just never made it into the game. And it's not like I don't support this idea. I think the Luminite weapons are cool, but I don't think they need luminite tools.

there's no moon lord tier weapon that isn't dropped by the moon lord. all the celestial tower weapons are a tier bellow the moon lord itself.

I wouldn't say that. Most Moon Lord drops don't outclass the weapons made of lunar fragments because they behave in a completely different manner. Most notable with the summoner weapons (the Moon Lord only drops sentries, minions are obtained exclusively from the celestial towers), but also present with the others. The Phantasm is the best arrow weapon, for example, since no weapons dropped by the Moon Lord uses arrows. I would say the only case where a lunar fragments weapon is completely outclassed by a Moon Lord drop is the Vortex Beater by the SDMG.

The Darkside's sprite should be changed, as it looks like a small gun, which looks strange considering it's abilities and how almost all other guns in the tiers right before it look big.

The Darkside's sprite should be changed, as it looks like a small gun, which looks strange considering it's abilities and how almost all other guns in the tiers right before it look big.
big things come in small packages.

I don't think this is the best idea. Some are overpowered. Maybe using Luminite to craft Moon Lord drops.

I don't think this is the best idea. Some are overpowered. Maybe using Luminite to craft Moon Lord drops.
they are no more overpowered than the other final top of the top tier weapons also gotten from the moon lord. if anything a tiny bit underwhelming compared to them. The moon lord is also the final boss of the game too. so these are post main progression. I think they're pretty fair in power considering there's nothing left to do, except build and fight the moon lord again.

Also, I don't like the idea of having the moon lord's current set of weapons being crafted, I'd rather have a specific set of luminite gear available. think of these as specifically luminite weapons, not moon lord weapons basically. It only parallels moon lord loot in terms of power because the moon lord is the only source of luminite.

Back
Top Bottom