Pixel Art M31k's Terraria sprites.

Are spites okay?

• Total voters
What is "banding"? :p

From the pixel art basics thread:
e) Banding
This is something I'm guilty of committing myself on occasion.
Banding is when your stack your colors like bricks no matter what. What you want to do, is to add small patches of secondary color to smoothen the transition between the base color and the highlight:
TUT29.png

This makes the edges drown in excess color and loose definition. It also divides the picture into gradient ribbons (Or bands) rather than keeping it unified.
I'm not telling you to never follow the outlines or make lines, it's just that you need to use it wisely.
Do note that both examples are pillow-shaded, Ie. there's no discernable light source.

Getting better every day I see...
Still, watch the banding, mate. View attachment 45632
Thanks.
Cursed Arrow, Jester's Arrow, Holy Arrow, Vampire Knife projectile, Crystal Ball. In that order.
First is Unholy Arrow.

To everybody, I made female sprites for Thorium+ Mod, not just it, I fixed some armor animation like at SandStone Armor and placeable Ingot like bars
Here are some female sprites:
index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php

It was kinda pain to do it.

BIG NOTE: I will only do female sprites if you want and you are bad at it. Other requests (maybe) will not be accepted.
EDIT: What is always happening to alerts?

Thanks.

First is Unholy Arrow.

To everybody, I made female sprites for Thorium+ Mod, not just it, I fixed some armor animation like at SandStone Armor and placeable Ingot like bars
Here are some female sprites:
index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php

It was kinda pain to do it.

BIG NOTE: I will only do female sprites if you want and you are bad at it. Other requests (maybe) will not be accepted.
EDIT: What is always happening to alerts?
That Is Awesome
@DivermanSam

Something newer:
On left side is old female sprite, and on the right side is newer female sprite.
I give them more feminish look. I made even in game glow to them. Fixed expanding torso at Nebula, Stardust and Vortex armor and non expanding legs fro them too, both male and female varitations.
Nebula_armor female difference.png

Solar_Flare_armor female dif.png

Stardust female difference dif.png

Vortex_armor female dif.png

Here are (ziped) file images of them who want to use them as texture pack but sad thing is that TCCL is still not updated. Maybe if somebody could turn them into XNB images sure everybody could use them in game.

And here is question what female armor you think need update next?

Attachments

• End game armor update.zip
    31.7 KB · Views: 165
These sprites are pretty darn epic! Amazing!

I'm wondering if you could sprite a Cursed Flame and Ichor Launcher (ranged weapon)
Sorry for very late answer. I don't do requests of those kinds. I Might do request female varitaion sprites of armors and vanity items if somebody asks me.

I tried other remaking female sprites (left old, right new):
  • Bee armor again: (Little polishment)
    Bee_armor_female.png
    to
    Bee_armor_female.png
  • Spider armor again (trying other patent):
    Spider_armor_female.png
    to
    Spider_armor_female.png
    ,without helmet if somebody wonder
    spider f no helm old.png
    spider f no helm.png

• Martian Cotume and Uniform:
    Martian_cotume_female.png
    Martian_uniform_female.png
    to
    Martian_cotume_female2.png
    Martian_uniform_female2.png
  • (I am glad) Gladiator armor:
    Gladiator_armor_f.png
    to
    Gladiator_armor_f.png
    (yeahh most ridiculous looking female breats armor sprite armor in terraria I ever seen to and too simply shaded)
  • Buccaneer clothes:
    Buccaneer_costume_female.png
    to
    Buccaneer_costume_female2.png
    (isn't it more nicer and better, I don't know why it should show half of you breasts, same does to Princess costume)
    • Added female varitations (left male, right female):
      • Fallen Tuxedo:
        Fallen_Tuxedo.png
        vs
        female Fallen_Tuxedo.png

• Cultist vanity set:
        Lunar_Cultist_Clothes.png
        Solar_Cultist_Clothes.png
        vs
        Lunar_Cultist_Clothes female.png
        Solar_Cultist_Clothes female.png
        , cause if you wonder how it look like without hood
        lunar c f no hood.png
        Solar c f no hood.png
Female_Body_168.png
Female_Body_170.png
Female_Body_178.png
Female_Body_179.png
Glow_43.png
Female_Body_180.png
Female_Body_181.png
Female_Body_182.png
Female_Body_186.png
Female_Body_188.png
Saddest thing is like you can't tag @Cenx and give it to her like nothing happen. Bad me, ban me?
EDIT: I forgot I made too Lunar Pick Axes somebody likes rather Pickaxe and Axe combination like @Milt69466 bceause would rather to use hammers than hamaxes (nothing too hard to make):
Solar Pic Axe.png
Stardust pick axe.png
Vortex Pick Axe.png
Nebula Pcik Axe.png

Last edited:
Of these, the only one you listed that I actually made the female version of is buccaneer. Crowno made the other sets you've listed. He has a very different opinion on how female armors are handled than I do, so his style is very different.

The buccaneer cleavage is intentional. In some places, either pirate or "wench" females are often depicted as bearing a lot of their assets when wearing these kinda clothes. Plus the enemy version has a good amount of this as well, only difference is the player has slightly larger proportions than the enemy sprite so it's far more visible here. Also, the player does not have yellow skin.

I made it, because I fell like it is needed:
  • remade Male Mrs. Santa clothes, (Kinda need to be renamed too, skin need to be redone too, it is kinda very plain) :
    Badass Santa male.png
  • Nurse clothes know as costume, to down part (skirt and heels) were drawn custom skin which I removed: OLD (and kinda similiar looking male variant) -
    nurse clothes female older.png
    , and new-
    nurse clothes female.png
    nurse clothes male.png
  • Invenory item icons for some types of vanity items:
    Nurse clothes-
    Item_1736.png
    Item_1737.png
    Item_1738.png
    , Dryad (NOTE: Loincloth is kinda in real life giant and long cloth)
    Item_1853.png
    Item_1854.png
    , and Mrs. Santa Heels
    Item_1934.png
    Dye Trader Robes
    Item_1741.png
    , Cyborg vanity set
    Item_1743.png
    Item_1744.png
    Item_1745.png
    and Gispy Robes
    Item_2279.png
    (maybe male variant don't show belly and (skin) legs).
To persons who might like to use them in game (just need to be converted into game image formate, TCCL still isn't updated):
Armor_Arm_76.png
Armor_Body_76.png
Female_Body_76.png
Armor_Legs_65.png
Armor_Legs_65_male.png
Armor_Legs_120.png
Armor_Body_100.png

Why am I doing it? I don't like or I would not like to llok at males that wear female, heels and much items that are female clothing. I don't say I don't like them, buit it is very and very strange and ugly to me.
EDIT: Little fixed nurse arms and added more updated inventory vanity item icons.

Last edited:
Wait... How do you get separate male and female clothing legs? There's not any immediate answer in the texture files. Only a few shoes do it, which include the Mrs. Claus Heels and the Dryad Loincloth.

Wait... How do you get separate male and female clothing legs? There's not any immediate answer in the texture files. Only a few shoes do it, which include the Mrs. Claus Heels and the Dryad Loincloth.
Unlike the chest piece, there is no code to handle loading any form of "Female_Legs"... a special exception was made for these pieces: the legs were hardcoded to simply load a different Armor_Legs file than usual depending if the player is male/female. (Look in the higher numbers for most of them, since this was done at a much later date than these armor pieces were designed). This was originally done just for the gypsy outfit, but was expanded to dryad, mrs.claus, and a small handful of other things later when I redid the player's running animations/made gender-specific player bodies/added more default clothing styles.

Additionally, it is currently impossible for male and female to have different helmets and/or arms. This limits how drastically the chest piece can change, obviously. Citing the above example: for mrs.claus to be shirtless on males.. you would be stuck with the sleeves the female version has. So you would either have to remove the sleeves for the female or the male will just have to randomly have these sleeves without a shirt (as shown above).

It was little log ago, but I little imrpoved Pharaoh's Robes. some parts of it I didn't like I imroved. Only frames of the vanity item, nothing like a mannequin.
Armor_Arm_42.png
Armor_Body_42.png
Female_Body_42.png
Armor_Legs_90.png

+ Different thing like making things more visible, like Eye Patch (it couldn't be bad if head item inventory icons will face forward than to side like we have currently.)
Old (do you see it ? :D )
Eye_Patch.png
and new
eye patch.png

Back
Top Bottom